[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've had the house to myself for over a month because my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: L'Etranger.jpg (15KB, 300x395px) Image search: [Google]
L'Etranger.jpg
15KB, 300x395px
I've had the house to myself for over a month because my parents are away. It was great, I felt a sort of freedom that I've never felt before. What's strange is, they're not strict at all. I'm 19, I don't have a curfew, pretty much can skip classes because they know I wouldn't just slack off for no reason...but I don't know why I felt so liberated when they left. The only thing I did different was bring my girlfriend home. We usually hang out at her place since we can't really have a place to get privacy in here.

They just got back today, and while I am happy to see them back I feel sad and constricted. We don't have a bad relationship, like none of the typical drunk dad/abusive mom stuff, I guess we're just not tight-knit. It's more business-like between us, but we do try to resolve that.

Can anyone relate here? Just need someone to bounce thoughts with.
>>
File: image.gif (986KB, 684x387px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
986KB, 684x387px
Shit. It's weird having that same relationship with my parents. Not close, but not distant. Just kinda mutual care and respect, even if it's not super compassionate.

Anyway, it might just be their lack of presence made you feel independent. Now that they're back, you're somehow aware that you're not alone, and that no matter what, you won't have that same kind of independence.

Sorry I don't have a solution, OP. Just my thoughts.
>>
>>18154960
OP, 19 yrs same here but sorry for that when u hang out with ur gf at the same age what u do?

just asking cuz i just don't know what to do :)
>>
>>18154960
It's a natural feeling to want to live in your own. It's called growing up and being an adult
>>
>>18155016
She helps me cook anon, then we watch a movie after or do some course work. Whatever feels natural is what you should do man.
>>
Thanks anon. I should clarify I guess, I live with my dad and stepmom. (I left the country for school). My mom is back home, and I have a great relationship with her. I used to with my dad and stepmom but I guess life got in the way of reconnecting.

Did you do anything to reconnect anon?
>>
Holy shit, is every one in here 19?

I was in your situation a couple of years ago, OP. My parents and siblings went off to Disney World without me, so I had the house to myself for a week.

I continued life as usual, however. I mostly spent my time enjoying the solitude by reading. At night, I'd go for long drives to greet the rising sun and then bask in the morning mist. By day, I was dead asleep.

It really is relaxing. My parents aren't strict at all; they practically let me do whatever I want, but not having them there is totally a different experience.

I'm glad you had this experience as well.
>>
>>18156334
I think so. It's when angst is highest.
It was nice, I think I just got too attached. Lately I've been thinking about moving out, but that's not the best financial decision rn.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.