[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just had my first date since my last significant other died

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: 1487919740005.jpg (75KB, 440x660px) Image search: [Google]
1487919740005.jpg
75KB, 440x660px
I just had my first date since my last significant other died 3 years ago.

This guy I've known since high school came over. We've liked each other for a long time. I cooked for him, then we played video games for a little bit. But then all of a sudden he left. He was only over for maybe 2 and a half hours.

I feel so empty right now. Did I do something wrong?
>>
>>18154248
>Did I do something wrong?
Obviously.
>>
>>18154248
What did he say?
>>
>>18154257
Nothing, he just said thanks for the food, and that we should keep in touch.
>>
>>18154255
I mean... What though? Should I have made a move or something?
>>
>>18154277
Ask him.
>>
>>18154278
Ask him what? If I did something wrong?
>>
>>18154320
Yes.
>>
>>18154263
Are you sure he realized this was a date?
>>
>>18154325
Don't do this OP. Sometimes it's good to be straightforward, but this is something you should be more subtle about. Instead ask him to hang out again. By doing so you'll find out if he's even still interested if he says okay. Then you can go off of that and try an make a move.
>>
>>18154337
Fuck off.
>>
>>18154340
He's right.

She should just ask him to hang out again.
>>
>>18154248
guys think girls are boring when they play video games and usually they dont respect women. do your self a favor and dont date a guy with a lot of friends.
>>
>>18154346
Nah.
>>
>>18154340
Hit a nerve?

Your advice was stupid though. If you're that blunt you run the risk of making him feel uncomfortable by putting him in an awkward situation. There's better ways to go about it. For example the route I explained. There are other ways too, but your way is objectively the worst.
>>
>>18154248
also he probably wanted sex or wanted to make you mad so that you can keep asking him to hang out again. been there done that.
>>
>>18154355
Shit advice.
>>
>>18154329
I thought so? He's always been straightforward about finding me attractive, but I don't know. It probably meant more to me than to him since it's the first time I've spent any time with a man in years.

>>18154337
This is what I will do. I have the house to myself this weekend. I'll invite him over.

Thanks guys. I wish I hadn't even opened myself up to this.
>>
>>18154358
If he just wanted sex he has a funny way of going about it. He didn't even try to touch me.
>>
>>18154375
I wouldn't sweat it too much, OP.

What did you make him for dinner? Maybe he needed to fart really badly.
>>
>>18154359
Shit reply.
>>
>>18154386
Does he know about your history with the dead boyfriend?
>>
>>18154390
kys
>>
You were trying to speed date and it didn't go allthefuckingway on the first shot.

Maybe he's not the casual-sex kind of guy?
>>
>>18154389
Haha. I made pierogi and potato bacon soup.

I should add that he almost backed out yesterday because he might be moving soon and "gets attached easily"

Maybe I'm just soooo beautiful and interesting that he was falling in love and had to stop himself. :P
>>
>>18154398
Why would I do such a thing? I'm not a miserable little faggot such as yourself who derives enjoyment from being really bad at shitposting. Come on bro, step up your game. These little one liners aren't gonna cut it. Maybe you need to learn to be more subtle.
>>
File: get a room.jpg (54KB, 600x436px) Image search: [Google]
get a room.jpg
54KB, 600x436px
>>18154390
>>18154398
>>
>>18154406
lmao
>>
>>18154402
That's not even what I fucking mean. I actually made it clear to him ages ago that I don't have sex outside of committed relationships.

But that doesn't mean a kiss or an arm around my waist is out of the question.
>>
>>18154403
Oh, it's possible he doesn't want a relationship until he figures out where his life is heading.

Are you only interested in a relationship or is casual, no strings attached sex ok with you? Unless he's the rare guy who only likes relationship sex, you can almost definitely get this.
>>
>>18154419
I'm not into casual sex at all, I won't do it. I understand if he's not looking for a relationship, I don't know if I am or not. But we could still cuddle or kiss. It doesn't have to be all or nothing.
>>
I'm sorry. I know I'm over thinking this. I don't have any friends to talk about it with, though.
>>
>>18154433
Is he aware of that? He may not be interested in a cuddle buddy regardless.
>>
>>18154248
Pretty much wanted to do the same thing (walking out) with a chick when she invited me over to her. We had a good date a week prior so she called me over. I tried to be a bit flirty, a bit touchy, looked at her often and triee to get that sweet sweet eye contact. But the signals she gave were strange, like she wasn't interested. She didn't keep eye contact too long, didn't seem that comfortable around me, wasn't touchy in return and the list goes on. All I wanted was to just fuck off. You know, sometimes you muster the curage to get in contact with a woman you find attractive, spend a lot of time and energy to appeal and to get closer, and then after leading you on they go like "you're just a friend to me, nothing more". I thought that it was that case and it made me resent the fact that I spent the energy just to be lead on.
But then she kissed me and from there on it was clear that this wasn't the case.

Tl;dr: maybe you're giving him the wrong signals
>>
I recently asked a guy if I did something wrong and while he said nice things in return, I could tell he was really put off by it. It basically bared my insecurities for him to see and no one wants to see that. Don't listen to the anon telling you to come right out with it.

You can maybe have a straightforward chat about your feelings for one another later, but now is not the time.
>>
The fact that you cooked for him creeped him out.
Then you wanted to play video games, wtf?

He was going over to smash and tbought "cook and video games" was code word for "fuck my brains out"

You went and got all stepford wife on the first hangout and hes not interested in playing house with you and then wasting the night away playing mario cart. Wtf op? How did you blow thos so badly?

As soon as he saw how emotionally ruined and pathetic you were he decided it was time to get the fuck out. He thought he was going to get a piece of ass from a fun girl and have a great night. Instead he got some obbsessed crazy chick trying to play "married couple".

What did you talk about at dinner? I can only imagine.

Congratulations you blew he. Chads phone was full of horny young women with less baggage then you. Soon as he got that first text from stacy, it was adios.

"B-b-but he left before the greys anatomy marathon..."
Kek. What a dumbass.
>>
>>18154488

Crude, but all valid points.
>>
>>18154445
Yes. I told him months ago i dont do casual sex yet he still wanted to hang out. So if he doesn't want a relationship, doesn't want just a cuddle buddy, and knows I won't sleep with him, why even bother pursuing me?

It's quite confusing.
>>18154447
There could be something to this as well. I've had a crush on him for almost 9 years. I was quite nervous, kept looking down, etc. I didn't try touching him either.
>>
>>18154488
Savage but honest. If I were a guy and a girl invited me over to an empty house. The implication would be very clear.
>>
>>18154488
Meh. Maybe. He knew ahead of time I wasn't going to sleep with him, as well as about my past. So if that's really what this is about then... That's on him, and I don't feel bad.

Also I didn't WANT to or plan on playing video games, it just kind of happened.
>>
>>18154506
Most of the girls who do want (or are at least grudgingly willing) to have casual sex also say they don't at first.
>>
>>18154506
i'm guessing you are pretty young.

date a guy in his 30's with a career and whatnot if you want to play suzie home maker. young dudes don't have the patience for the long courtship game and aren't interested in building a family at that point anyways. like >>18154488
said, they expect to smash on it.

the real question you should be asking yourself is "do i want to have fun or do i want to build a family?"
>>
>>18154506
>I was quite nervous, kept looking down, etc. I didn't try touching him either.

Yep, that was exactly what threw me off with the girl that day. If you're flirty enough you'll encourage him. Dodging this frustrates him. You don't have to be the flirt master 3000 for this.
Next time try to keep eye contact for longer (6seconds+), be a bit touchy and you'll get there. It creates openings for him, else you're dodging him.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.