[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I be a nurse ? Anyone with experience want to tell me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: bancho.jpg (128KB, 799x599px) Image search: [Google]
bancho.jpg
128KB, 799x599px
Should I be a nurse ? Anyone with experience want to tell me what it's like / what the education is like
>>
>>18154146
really sick of OPS like you
>>
my mother is a nurse. and shes broke as hell. dont be a nurse. If you're going to get any sort of medical education, go big, be a doctor of some sort. get the 200k salary.
>>
>>18154522
I really can't imagine ever being broke on a nurses salary and I don't have the time or money to go doctor
>>
Depends where you live.
Generally it hard fucking work that includes working late at night, in the middle of the night, and early mornings.
It can be physically demanding and emotionally draining, but not too intellectually difficult.
Pay is usually pretty shit.
Most nurses hate their jobs and wish they'd chosen other careers.
>>
Which country are you from? If it's the UK, I can give you information about working as a nurse for the NHS.
>>
>>18154914
>>18154916
It's America.
Honestly surprised at the negative response, most nurses I talk to like it and I don't understand how the pay is bad
>>
I'm in community college now. People going for nursing have to take chemistry, anatomy & physiology, and microbiology. I'm in anatomy & physiology now for radiologic technology, and it's really fucking hard. It could have a lot to do with my teacher as he sets up scantron and fill-in-the-blank tests that make deductive reasoning close to useless. We had to be able to identify 57 different cells, tissues, and structures under microscopes for just one 160-question test (which included 90 lecture questions as well), and we took ANOTHER 160-question test two days later. If you don't think you can take that much in one class, you could see if anatomy and physiology are offered as separate classes. It'll cost more and take longer, but it might be worth it. My teacher said that about 30 percent of people in the US who take A&P end up retaking it.

Nursing students at my college get to wear fancy uniforms around campus. They look nice. Rad tech students get blue scrubs/smocks and a dosimeter (metal looking device that looks like a badge) that measures the amount of radiation they've absorbed over a period of time.
>>
Being a registered practical nurse in Canada is premo, one of the biggest growing job markets in Ontario. Requires 3 years of schooling, which I assume is pretty difficult. Their starting salary is around 65k though.
>>
>>18154939
Not op but how is rad tech different from nursing? I know they're different just want to know the differences. How's the $$$
>>
I know three people in the nursing biz. Two are nurses. One has been a nurse for a while, likes it and makes good money.

The second just got her degree about a year ago and is working in a small community hospital (connected to the nursing school). She has larger hospitals begging for her to join them but she made a commitment to where she is for a year. Once that's done, she'll move.

The third is a nurse headhunter. She goes across the country looking for nurses to join local hospitals. She can't find enough.

This is all in Boston where there's a big medical community.
>>
>>18154912

or the requisite intellectual capacity.

ooh, burn. faced!
>>
>>18155565
Oh man you really got me
>>
>>18154146
That chill dude on the far right
>>
>>18154522
you mean your mom spends all of her money and cigerattes and gambling because shes strong and independent and can do whatever the fuck she wants?
>>
>>18156080
this
there is no reason a nurse salary should ever be uncomfortable unless you're a dumbass
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.