[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>failed 2 calc exams >have to get a 90 on the rest to pass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1457628500450.png (219KB, 1011x1013px) Image search: [Google]
1457628500450.png
219KB, 1011x1013px
>failed 2 calc exams
>have to get a 90 on the rest to pass now
>if I fail I become homeless
Is it it doable /adv/?
>>
If you know the material you have a chance. If you think you know the material and don't study and actually don't know shit then you're fucked.
>>
>>18153395
Some people fail while others succeed.
Ask for help. From your classmates, TA, prof, parents, academic counselor, etc.
>>
>>18153477
Unfortunately I have no TA and my professor doesn't have office hours.
>>
Yes, if you get off the internet and study.
>>
>>18153395
Yes, yes, yes you just need to get off your ass and study really hard.

Here's the key to math tests (at least computation ones) do practice problems. First go through the concepts until you really understand them. The book can be helpful here. Then do practice problems. Do every practice problem you can get your hands on, and then do them again. Do them until it's easy, and go to your Professor's office hours to ask for more problems and advice.

And the other silver bullet. Check your exam after it's done, check it thoroughly, keep checking it until your out of time. Often there are ways to check if your answer makes sense too. You'd be amazed at how many points you can lose through simple arithmetic mistakes, and reading the question wrong. If you do these things guarantee you'll do well.
>>
>>18153488
Oh and also you have to go through the material you didn't understand before, calculus builds on itself and you're not gonna be able to understand the new stuff while not understanding the old.

This is optional if you're stretched for time, but it's probably necessary desu. Only skip it if you don't have time.
>>
>>18153395
Well, becoming homeless should be a good motivator to study. Literally spend all of your free time studying the material, doing homework and practice problems. You need to know this stuff backward and forward.
>>
>be me
>failed materials resistance twice already
>keep skipping classes like a bum from shear anxiety
>go to class one day, it's the first test
>skip it
>keep skipping, miss the second test
>teacher is giving a test for the whole class to replace lowest score
>I have two zeroes, need an 8 to go to finals
>get my shit toghether, take a fucking book that weights like 5kg with 1200 pages
>read it so much the dust in it gives me rinitis
>get an 8.4 in the test
>go to finals, teacher keeps an eye on me as he thinks I've cheated since I never went to classes
>get another 8, get approved with a final grade slightly above the minimun needed

It is doable, get your shit toghether, start studying right fucking now and don't stop until this test is on your desk
>>
>>18153620
How often did you read the book/study?
>>
>>18153395
Golden rule of exams.
If you cannot do the HW, you cannot do the exam.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.