[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ill probably be banned for asking this. But what keeps you going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6127.jpg (183KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6127.jpg
183KB, 1600x1067px
Ill probably be banned for asking this. But what keeps you going in life?
Why shouldn't i feel the need to die everytime i wake up?
Life just isnt worth living. All it is is working and making money. Happiness doesnt even matter so long as you just keep paying your taxes and breed more humans into the same shit existence that we are currently experiencing.
I rely on other peoples happiness to justify my own reasons to live.
>>
Why would you be banned for this? Every day there's a thread asking this.
As for why, what makes life worth living, I have no idea. I guess you should set goals for yourself and pursue them, that's what my therapist says. Think of objectives/goals and of things that you currently have that make you happy, as legs of a chair. A chair can't only stand on one or two legs, it needs 3 or more.
But I guess I know what you mean because I have no goals myself, I just live like a routine and put the minimum effort to everything because nothing excites me anymore.
>>
my goal is make money and be independent. I'd be happy if people left me a lone and I had a weekend.
I wouldnt give a shit about being lonely if people didnt remind me.
>>
>>18152440
I wanted to kill myself and hated life for as long as I can remember, but about a month ago, it stopped. I don't hate everything anymore. I learned to smile, appreciate what I have. I'm polite to others all the time and all of my social anxietes just... left. I can say that I'm the happiest I have ever been in my life.

How did this happen? My best friend of 12 years (I'm 20) died 3 months ago.

It hurt like SHIT but I think what I needed to get out of this stupid depressed state is something horrible. I needed to lose my best friend. Which is absolutely terrible. I would do anything to bring him back.

I know, it doesn't make sense.

Anyway, what keeps me going in life is mostly friends and family. I love them so fucking much. After my friend died I learned to appreciate them A LOT more.
>>
>>18152440
I eventually want to have a kid, or kids, and leave something for them. I'm going really fucking slow, but I'm getting there.
>>
>>18152601
Sure, but once you get older it seems less realistic if it hasnt happened yet.
>>
I am dealing with depression atm, What keeps me going is my dream of becoming a Film Director (I'm studying for it). Also my girlfriend, who is aware of my condition, who has been very supportive ever since we started our relationship, also my younger siblings (who look up at me always).

That's pretty much what has kept me from killing myself all these years.
>>
exercising, seeing minor results, and lifting even though I am hungry skeleton
>>
>>18152609
I'm not that old though, and things are pointed in the right direction.
>>
>>18152583
>only 20

Sounds more like you're just a big faggot and you grew up a little.
>>
>>18152440
>>18152440
Thanks OP I want McDonald's sandwiches now
>>
>>18152440
>what keeps you going
Hatred.
>>
>>18152440

>Life just isnt worth living.
Depends on what you are doing and how you feel.

>All it is is working and making money.
False. Actually if you spend 8 hours a night sleeping and 50 hours working or getting to work, that's only 106 hours, leaving you with 62 hours of free time. More free time than work actually. This is especially true now that you can use delivery services and car services and maid services to reduce the amount of time you spend on things you don't like doing.

>Happiness doesnt even matter
It doesn't matter to other people, but it does to you. "Matters" *to whom*? "Purpose" *for whom*?

>so long as you just keep paying your taxes
Mandatory but they are pretty low unless you are rich, in which case you won't miss the extra money very much anyway.

>and breed more humans into the same shit existence that we are currently experiencing.
Totally optional. If you're depressed, you probably shouldn't. Only happy people should have kids. That should lead to future generations being happier.

>I rely on other peoples happiness to justify my own reasons to live.
Stop pursuing happiness. Just do whatever you want. But stay in touch with friends and try to do things that let you get results. Learned helplessness leads to depression. So does being antisocial.
>>
>>18152440
Life is worth living, but you should think about the cost. You're free to do what you want with it, and for me, to end it if it's only bringing you pain.
In a way, life is about figuring what you want to do with your time on earth. Every answer is correct, you only need to find what brings you happiness.
It's not easy, especially in our society where you're coerced in thinking that there is only a number a ways to follow is you want to be accepted.
>>
>>18152440
I'm just an average joe more on the weird side, my life is uneventful but comfy. Philosophy helped me understand lots of things about life, I if try to start explaining how I see things it would be too much but in a few words: the world is beautiful, we humans take ourselves too seriously when we're totally absurd it's incredible, but there are "windows" where you can find your truth, you will feel it when you find this, in a word, in a face, in mundane or extraordinary things.
>>
>>18152440

these threads are allowed so long as they are constructive anon.
>>
Fear of death. I don't have any legitimate reason to live. I'm only alive because I was alive yesterday and the only reasons I leave my room is to work or to eat. I've wasted too many years and never developed social skills. I can't really converse without coming off as retarded I can't put thoughts into sentences fast enough unless it's on some niche subject nobody offline seems to give a shit about. I just go out for midnight snacks hoping some drunk driver will run a red light and kill me.

>>18152964
>my girlfriend
oh woe is you. your life must be so horrible. I hate people like you
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.