[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people bother with relationships? Would they really bother

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1460469174950.png (111KB, 325x276px) Image search: [Google]
1460469174950.png
111KB, 325x276px
Why do people bother with relationships? Would they really bother if it wasn't just a habit? Something they've become accustomed and addicted to? For years I read and heard that people suck, relationships are shit, hearing that mild misanthropy all the time irked me and I just thought it was too much of a negative attitude.

But now I know that people really are shit, and from what I can tell, all people are toxic. Most people just waste time with their friends and use each other out of an addiction to company and validation from others. Most people have shallow, greedy and self serving reasons to get into a relationship with a significant, and these days they always end badly. Most marriages divorce. No married couple stay together. Married couples are never happy and are no longer attracted to one and other.

So why bother? Isn't the internet a better mode of communication with people? More distance and anonymity cuts alot of the toxicity and negativity out of human relationships.
>>
Have you ever been in a relationship? A good relationship?
>>
>>18151969

no, and there is no such thing anyway, good business relationships, maybe good friendships, but romantic relationships, I don't really believe it. Some are better then others but none of them are really good. I've had close friends, but they always end up showing their true colors in the end. Ultimately no one is really special except your parents, grandparents, siblings, everyone is more or less the same. Everybody seems toxic to me and they relate to one and other because they share certain toxic traits or personalities, but if you aren't interested in sharing and cultivating your own personal toxicity then others, then what is the point in friendships or relationships. Even the neccessary interactions and relationships are a pain in the ass to have to deal with.
>>
>>18151992
>no
Didn't even read further, that told me all I need to know.
>>
>>18151992
>but if you aren't interested in sharing and cultivating your own personal toxicity *with others
>>
>>18151992
>no

Why are you talking about this, then? Go do something else with your time. You're just wasting it at the moment.
>>
>>18151993

why? I've never met people who have ever showed any genuine interest in me as a person since I was a little kid. I've met convincing imposters, but they have agendas. Pretty much every time I can think of that I've felt an inner "trust" for others, I've regretted it. Every time I've admired certain qualities in other people, they turn out to be fake, or they turn out to have major flaws that just make their good qualities irrelevant anyway. Obviously everyone is flawed, I'm not claiming thats any ground breaking discovery and I've always known that. I just didn't realise people were so flawed that dealing with them is just a waste of time and energy. If it wasn't, we wouldn't have a money system. We had to invent an imaginary account of of credits/ pros to make dealing with anyone who isn't our family worthwhile at all. And people place money above all else. And people complain that there's no sign of a god who exists thats actually interested in us or benevolent. Well why the fuck would any kind of god have any interest in us whatsoever even if they were benevolent. Hell we have to believe in non-human beings we can have a relationship with to fulfill our needs for relationship, because we can't get it from one and other.

When I think about it rationally, I don't think anyone is really interested in other people who aren't their kids or parents or close family. It's all just routine, tradition, habit, and self serving agendas. People just use each other, most people can't think beyond that and are open about it, "relationships are give and take". Anyone interested in developing actual organic connections with other people are just going to be taken advantage of.
>>
>>18152002

Technically I've had plenty of relationships. What exactly did you mean by a relationship? And why shouldn't I be talking about it? Its relevant to everyone isn't it? If people haven't come to the same realisations I have, they need to at least consider it. People need to become disillusioned and face the reality of how deeply flawed people are, both ourselves and others.
>>
>>18152005
I'm not reading that essay and it's clear that you're not going to budge on your viewpoint despite making it sound like you are, so I'm just going to say this: if you don't want a relationship, don't get into a relationship. It sounds like you'd be sparing someone a world of pain in the process, too.
>>
>>18152011
>if you don't want a relationship, don't get into a relationship. It sounds like you'd be sparing someone a world of pain in the process, too.

nope, I'm a kind person. To hurt someone they actually have to give a fuck about you. From what I can see, people are glib, shallow and their interactions with others are empty. I could be upbeat, positive, fun, but would it make a fucking difference ultimatley? no it wouldn't
>>
>>18152019
Way to miss the entire point of what I said.
>>
>>18152033

dont worry I was just trolling anyway, this whole thread is am experiment for my grade 9 sociology class mods you can delete it now kthnxbye
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.