[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I not be awkward as fuck when I talk to people. Most of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Mountain Top Manhatan.jpg (530KB, 2321x2321px) Image search: [Google]
Mountain Top Manhatan.jpg
530KB, 2321x2321px
How do I not be awkward as fuck when I talk to people. Most of the time when I talk to people, we end in awkward silence. It s not that I'm an introvert. It's just that I don't have anything interesting to say. Help a fellow piece of shit out
>>
I dont have anything interesting to say either so I make people talk alot by being interested in what they say. Then suddenly they feel like we are best friends even though they were the only ones talking.
>>
>>18151589
this is a good start, follow his advice. ask them about interests and what they did etc.
>>
>>18151589
what happens when this leads to a dead end tho?
>>
>>18151599
It wont if you actually listen to what they say, and ask questions
>>
>>18151604
maybe listening is my problem then
>>
>>18151606
Yeah just pretending to listen wont work in the long run
>>
>>18151611
any tips for actually engaging in listening? I guess I'm good at looking like I'm listening
>>
>>18151620
Well, if you actually listen to what they say, then you'd have a good idea on what to ask about and so forth. I'm not sure honestly, its always come naturally to me. I'm awful at telling stories or explaining stuff so I always prefer to listen and give my input. The flow should come naturally if you listen, which you said you hadnt truly tried before.
>>
What if they get annoyed with all the questions, or what if you're trying to get close with someone who doesn't like talking about themselves much?
>>
>>18151626
oh i've definitely tried

i donnno maybe i'm not meant to meet people
>>
>>18151632
You're not supposed to ask lots of questions, its just a last resort really. The point is getting them to start talking and getting the flow going and giving them the odd "Aaah!" and "Wow!" etc.

>what if you're trying to get close with someone who doesn't like talking about themselves much?
In this case the only thing that works is engaging yourself. Or alternatively having similar interest. If people dont want to talk, then they dont want to talk. Its possible to get them to talk as well, and I can do it but I dont know how to explain how to. It comes naturally when you've already mastered the other techniqe.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.