[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone older than 26? how did you overcome "quarter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

anyone older than 26? how did you overcome "quarter life crisis"?
>>
>>18150880
Shit im 26 and consider this my 1/3rd life crisis. But as for your question.......
Bump.
>>
I'm 29 and I still haven't faced any type of quarter life crisis.

Guess that just means I will live to be over 120.
>>
Turning 33 in two weeks.

You're not feeling bad from age. You're feeling bad from wasted years. First develop a skill, second develop a valuable output of some sort, third develop a lifestyle that doesn't revolve around entertaining yourself.
>>
>>18150910
This. The second best time to plant a tree is right now.
>>
>>18150910

you hit the head on the "wasted years" part. i blame myself on that one.

This is solid advice though, thanks. I dont wanna be feeling like this in 5 years.
>>
>>18150910
Meh, I don't want to do any of that, guess this world isn't for me.
>>
>>18150880

I'm 30. At your age I quit my job and found my way into a better one with my talents. I was spinning my wheels in my last job and needed to get out - I felt too "safe," and had no upward momentum in my company. It was risky, but I ended up in a great place.

>>18150910

I agree on the wasted years thing here, but not not entirely on the rest of this. If you feel like you didn't entertain yourself enough when you were younger, take some steps to do some things that you still can in your youth. Travel, make some dumb mistakes, go out and party... realize that you can still be carefree.

Now, if he meant entertainment as in "I play vidya nine hours a day," I agree with him. And yeah, having a skill and valuable output is important, but that can come from a challenging, rewarding job.
>>
>>18150910
what constitutes "wasting"
>>
Started living lide like I wanted to without giving a fuck what my family thought or wanted.

I moved far away on the other side of the country. I got a job. I dod all kinds of fun shit. Fucked alot of girls. I started to feel blessed.
>>
>30

Wouldn't say I'm currently having a "quarter life crisis" now but I did just buy a really fast sports car cause I'm single and I can. I needed a new vehicle and said fuck it I'm only young once.

I think I had my crisis when I was about 25. I had already been working for 10 years at that point and everything was a routine and it was driving me crazy doing the same thing week after week. I just kept going to work and not doing anything different. Then one day I literally flipped out at work and left. Also literally took the bathroom door off the walls and took it with me. I had my reasons.

A couple of years ago I quit drinking and quit smoking pot. Started eating right and exercising. Got a job in construction that segued into my current job. It was kind of like Office Space and it was a cathartic experience just doing manual labor. Then diet and fitness are now my life. I'm always trying to improve myself, I'm always researching and learning. I think if I would have just gone back to my previous ways I'd probably hit another breaking point because I was basically just indulging in vices to pass my free time. Now I'm doing something that is actually beneficial to my health, mentally and physically, and it absolutely has an influence on my current well being. So I guess the point is to try to improve yourself and don't get contempt. Getting contempt can be a real killer sometimes. Especially you end up realizing you made a poor life decision but let yourself just apathetically go through the motions without making a change. You'll reach a breaking point eventually.
>>
>>18150880
I'm 47. What in the flying fuck are you talking about? Is this millenials trying to find something else to moan about?

Seriously, take your time to figure out your long term goals and then go for it. It's better if you start early, but as long as you start.

Yeesh. Quarter life crisis? Is this some fucker trying to force a meme?
>>
>>18150880
>assuming you'll live to 100.

Enjoy your life and be a decent person. Not much else you can do about it.
>>
>>18151327
No, it isn't millenials you ignorant twerp.

It's been a staple of psychology for decades.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erik_Erikson
>>
>>18151353
>No, it isn't millenials you ignorant twerp.
I have a great idea. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>18151364
Not my fault your ignorant and have to blame everything on a generation to compensate, quarter life crisis has been around before millenials were even a thing.
>>
>>18151327

This shit has been around forever, but you're still a fucking idiot, since anyone between the ages of like 20-31 have been born into godawful job markets at the moment, characterized by high debt and major doubt if you'll ever actually become something of worth.
>>
>>18151387
>your ignorant
Yes. This. Your credibility is off the charts. You and OP are whiners.
>>
>>18151398
>major doubt
Yes. This. Your credibility is off the charts.

I know that we have a shrinking middle class and it's hard to decide on a career. I've changed mine more than once. But don't blame your fucking age for it, rather look for opportunities. Don't be a whiner.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.