/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any experience lying about their GPA on employment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Shake.jpg (7KB, 250x185px) Image search: [Google]
Shake.jpg
7KB, 250x185px
Anyone have any experience lying about their GPA on employment applications?

How did it go? How much work do employers do to verify your GPA is legitimate? How common is it for them to ask for a sealed transcript? If I go in confidently with a printout of my grades off the official school website, (obviously altered, but nonetheless completely legitimately looking), how many employers will bother to dig any deeper?

No, I'm not a retard who made a 1.5 and is pretending to be a straight-A student. More like a 3.1 who just wants to improve his chances a bit. I am confident I actually know the material my degree says I know.
>>
>>18150875

Employers don't really give a fuck about your GPA. They care about the fact that you've got the education and relevant skills and they care that you've got the experience, that's it. So lying about GPA is pointless, because either they won't care or you'll get caught and then disqualified for being a lying little shit.
>>
>>18150907

Maybe that's true, but when you've just graduated and your resume is basically blank aside for whatever stupid shit you've done in school and whatever $8-an-hour jobs you've had as a teenager, they don't really have anything else to go on. If I was 35 and had ten years of hard experience to put down, you're right, I wouldn't give a fuck, but I'm not.

Your grades are legally sealed. Nobody is allowed to see them unless you personally hand them over. I'm thinking it over, I really don't see any way I could get caught. Worse case scenario, they tell me they need to see a sealed transcript from the school, I nod and agree, and a few days later call them and tell them I'd unfortunately accepted a position elsewhere and cross them off the list.
>>
Bump...any other perspectives?
>>
One more bump just to be sure.
>>
>>18150875
Why even put it on your resume?
>>
>>18151710

At best, they won't think about it, and at worst, they'll assume I'm a fuckup who doesn't want to admit to a low GPA.

I'm completely entry level, and I don't have a whole lot to make me stand out.
>>
>>18151717
Experience is what you need. I have a degree and no experience as well. Ask yourself this, Woud you hire yourself just looking at your resume? If not fix that shit.
>>
>>18151723

But I don't have experience.
>>
>>18150875
In hindsight, you should have been doing internships, school clubs, or personal projects to build your resume up.
In any case there's no point to lying about your GPA. With nothing else on your resume it wont stand out in the first place, so GPA is unlikely to be a deciding factor.
There's more you can probably do, but if I were you I'd just be looking for internships or resume builders like volunteer work. I don't know what field you're in, but in engineering at least a 3.1 is absolutely fine and will get you through IF you have things on your resume and know your shit.
>>
Physics major with math and economics minors.

I have some projects listed and the three jobs I've had. (science camp instructor, lifeguard, and cashier.)

I'll lie my ass about being in clubs if it makes me sound better.

I should also mention I'm staying at my mom's house right now, and it's driving me fucking crazy. I want to get the fuck out of here ASAP. So waiting months for the perfect offer to come along is not really the best option.
>>
File: 1480819372297.jpg (92KB, 811x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1480819372297.jpg
92KB, 811x1040px
>>18151727
the story of my fucking life
>>
>>18151727
>went to college
>didn't do multiple internships starting sophomore year

You asked for this desu
>>
>>18151727
Do you have ANY work experience, related or otherwise?
>>
>>18151773

Yes. Like I said in an above post, I worked as an instructor at a science summer camp, I worked as a lifeguard, and I worked as a cashier at a shop at a golf course.
>>
>>18151800
Nothing wrong with that then. Do some volunteering and/or some research and bam, you stand out.
>>
What the FUCK did you even do in college if you weren't interning in your field? Fucking idiots like you who do nothing but punch in punch out and jack off then go to the real world and whine that they can't get a job because everyone wants experience
>>
>>18150875
Just get an entry to mid level job. Government jobs might require a transcript, but often the hiring manager doesn't see them, only the very first hr gets it to confirm you have the required degree.

Case in point. I graduated in the top 1 percent of my class. I was hired to an entry level position. When I applied to the next position up, a guy who got all c's or worse was promoted into what I was going for. It had more to do with buttering people up and bullshitting, not grades or real academic skills.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.