[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you tell your gf that you don't want to see her this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: BOTW.jpg (66KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
BOTW.jpg
66KB, 960x540px
How do you tell your gf that you don't want to see her this weekend? See, I just got a Nintendo Switch with Zelda and I really want to spend my weekend playing vidya. I'd invite her over but she doesn't like video games. This isn't something that happens often but I know her, she'll say that I don't want to spend time with her and stuff.

Actually it's the first weekend that I want for myself but I really don't want to have a fight over this

Also, am I an asshole?
>>
shameless selfbump for Zelda this weekend
>>
Video games are for children.
>>
>>18150707
Okay. At least I'm not an autist, unlike you.
>>
>>18150695
It could turn into a habit and before you know it you'll be tugging on your own joycon because you're lonely.
>>
Stop playing video games like a fucking child. If you insist on playing, at least man up and tell her the real reason why you're not going to visit her
>>
>>18150710
Holy shit underage b&
>>
>>18150714
Who said that I wouldn't tell her, moron? I'm simply asking the best way to do it.
>>
>>18150716
Tell her you'd rather play with yourself then hang out with her.
>>
>>18150715
>holy shit I'm an idiot that can't stop from posting in threads that don't concern me
>I-I'll c-call him underage, that'll show him
>>
>>18150719
Gee, when did you lose love for life?
>>
>>18150711
or maybe I just want ONE weekend for myself
>>
File: image9324.jpg (33KB, 490x360px) Image search: [Google]
image9324.jpg
33KB, 490x360px
>>18150722
>>18150724
You sound like the nintendo type.
>>
>>18150729
Is that supposed to be an insult?
>>
>>18150695
Theres no problem for wanting to have time alone, and if she makes a deal for you wanting to be alone for a little while then just break up with her if she wants to be that clingy.
>>
>>18150695
I told my gf i didn't want to see her when overwatch came out and my whole college house was playing it that weekend
She came over anyway.
Good luck.
>>
File: 1473349548175.gif (1MB, 446x344px) Image search: [Google]
1473349548175.gif
1MB, 446x344px
>>18150710
>plays Nintendo games
>not autistic
>>
You're fine. Sometimes us guys just want time to ourselves. If she isn't ok with that, she might not be right for you.
>>
>>18150975
That's the male equivalent of a girl that goes clubbing and get drunk every week and is annoyed if her bf is unhappy with it.
>>
Say "I'm going to have a weekend of gaming" and invite her to join you. If you still have to dance around words with your girlfriend then something is wrong.

My bf and I literally just tell eachother to fk off for the day because we have X on. Then again, we'd usually game together or he'd game while I make him nibbles and watch him. Then I'll play a bit and he'll make drinks.
>>
>>18150695
you're not an asshole, its normal to want free time. but you're being immature.
also i dont see her becoming any less clingy in the near future.
>>
Why does it matter if she doesn't like video games? Is she retarded or something?

And why do you need to spend every waking hour of your weekend playing Zelda? Are you retarded or something.

Just tell her you are really excited about playing Zelda this weekend and then fucking play it. Christ, even you spend most of Saturday with her you can play it in the morning and evening.
>>
>>18150732
Yes.
>>
Seems like you need attention OP, so maybe you should see your imaginary gf this weekend instead.
>>
>>18150695
Everyone I know that's playing this game is a fucked up person in some way. It's like an autism magnet.
>>
>>18150695
just say it to her
>>
>>18150695
Perhaps if she doesn't share or understands your preferences you should change girlfriend.
>>
>>18150695
Communicate with her you autist
>Sry baby can't hang out this weekend, gonna be playing my manchild games.
Wow, fucking hard
>>
>>18150695
>Not having a GF that plays vidya with you.
Kek.
(But then again it's a switch so you'll probably be fighting over who turn it is to play.) Meh still better than no games gf.
>>
>stop playing video games

get a load of all the Trigglypuffs ITT
>>
>>18151076
>This is what women actually believe
>>
Play portal 2 together. Or snipperclips for the switch.

Introduce her to a fun world, and only afterwards, get solo weekends.

If you see her only during the weekend though, try playing on sat evening and going out with her. You need... you know, a constant relationship to have a relationship.
>>
anon, ask if you can hang out NEXT WEEK, like make a date for monday or turesday.

its a lot easier to ask for a date for next week then it is for permission NOT to go on a date this weekend.
>>
Femanon here. Ive been lied to in the past about a similar topic. I was much more hurt about the lie than what he was actually doing. So 100% dont lie about it. She may be a bit upset but thats just what girls can be like and guys for that matter. Just be honest and if she is upset at least you know youve told her the truth. Could you maybe just see her for a few hours? Do you normally spend the whole weekend? Also still text her to let her know you're thinking of her. Good luck.
>>
>>18150695

You should be able to let her know that you just bought a new console and game that you have been anticipating for a long time and are really excited to try it out, and that you still want to see her but would like to be able to put some hours into the game during the weekend at the same time. If she's not into the idea of you playing for a few hours then she is welcome to spend her weekend doing something else.

If she gets pissy or tried to start a fight then you sir have a child as a girlfriend and should think about finding a woman.
>>
>>18152830
All women are children mentally, anon
>>
>>18152834

The low quality women yes.
>>
>All these folks calling op a manchild because he wants a weekend to play some game
Is this the 90s?

OP I wouldn't advice you to simply not see her. But you could tell her that you plan on playing the game and that she can join you. If she doesn't like vidya she can still read or watch a series or whatever.
>>
God, this is why I'm happy I'm fucking single. If I had to ask PERMISSION like I was a goddamned child to do what I wanted with my free time, or I had to hide that I enjoyed video games so I could pretend to look "mature," I'd off myself.

OP, simple as this, when I was in relationships, I'd just look at my girlfriend and say "hey, I have plans this weekend, let's hang out Monday," and leave it at that. If she really needed to know what I was doing, I'd be honest(ish) and if she was upset for whatever reason, promise to make it up to her by doing something special for her on a determined date.

The only time I might fib is if I knew that maybe I'd be around someone she didn't like, or if the conversation about where I was going was going to be more of a pain in the ass than what I was actually going to be doing.

That said, I'll treat relationships mostly on my terms, because I'm not all that desperate to be in one.
>>
>>18151076
He wants one weekend vs every weekend in your analogy

You're a moron
>>
You planning to play for the whole weekend? Goddamn nigga just play for a few hours than go out with your gf
>>
>>18152938

The game is hella bingeworthy, in his defense. A few hours feels like a few minutes.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.