[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know what the fuck to do /adv/ I have hit a low

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: 15103596.jpg (132KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
15103596.jpg
132KB, 500x338px
I don't know what the fuck to do /adv/ I have hit a low point in my life.

I'm 18, finishing up highschool with plans to become a locksmith. Even though I have plans as to what to do I feel this black hole in my life, I feel I have no hope in my life and that there isn't any light at the end of the tunnel. It's gotten worse the past couple of days, I feel like a lump of human waste.

I am not suicidal at all, I am afraid of death. I don't know what to do to bring that light back into my life; it feels like something is missing and no matter how much I contemplate and reflect I can't figure out what it is.
>>
File: 1397020938271.png (136KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1397020938271.png
136KB, 250x250px
>>18150048

When did this start, bud? Any inciting incident? It'd be super helpful to have any info as to why you feel this way.
>>
>>18150048
Maybe you don't really want to be a locksmiths
>>
>>18150048
You're an emotional teenager. Stay the course, don't do anything drastic, and it'll clear up. In the meantime go kick it with some friends, meet some girls, and get your mind off things.
>>
File: maslow-pyramid.jpg (26KB, 502x369px) Image search: [Google]
maslow-pyramid.jpg
26KB, 502x369px
That's too vague for us to give a decent answer. First of all look at the pyramid of needs and try to figure out where the problem lies. Do you have the physiological needs covered? That should be pretty easy, unless you're starving or homeless you're fine in this regard. If so move on to the next step. Do you feel secure? Do you feel like your life is threatened? Do you feel like you will not be able to satisfy your physiological needs in the near future?
And so on. You have to figure out which is the first step of the pyramid where your needs aren't met.

Generally speaking, when someone feels like you are feeling right now it's because of the 3rd or 4th step.(esteem or belongingness). Most people never achieve the last one, but they don't feel depressed because of it either, at least not as long as they're working towards it. As a side note, even if these needs aren't met you can still feel fine about it if you feel like you're working towards achieving them (except for the physiological needs, obviously). Tell us where you think the issue lies and give us a more detailed situation, maybe we can give better advice.
>>
>>18150170
I feel like I havent quite passed the green stage while Im still working within the blue and mostly ignoring the orange while wanting more
>>
File: 1478986789388.jpg (69KB, 634x522px) Image search: [Google]
1478986789388.jpg
69KB, 634x522px
>>18150228
This isn't me,
>>18150170
I would say I am between blue and yellow. I have good friends but I don't have any relationships with girls, still working on blue as well because I have shit self-esteem
>>
Okay dude, listen here. I've had a couple of gf's i was madly in love in, and i want to say that in my opinion, having a gf doesn't guarantee satisfaction. You'll eventually just become boring for her, then she will leave you, then you'll punish your self for failing again. Worst case scenario, she cheats on you and well, you know the rest. Depression, suicide, and so on.
I think that if you want to be happy you need to start loving people. Even if they are pieces of shit, you need to try and help them in any way you can. Even if they punish you, or laugh at you, just try and be good to them. And love means thoughts too, but first concentrate on action. Thoughts come later.
Now, there's a catch. There are several types of love. The one i mentioned before was friendly love, now let's talk about erotic love. Erotic love is when you yearn for a person. You want to become one, in some way. The culmination of this love is sex.
The catch is just being able to display this erotic desire to the female. But not too obviously. Which brings me to the fact that lust and erotic love is not the same. Lust is just the desire to satisfy a sexual urge, not an emotional one. So i was talking about displaying your intentions. Watch Rigoletto, the opera. There's a part where the Duke seduces Ceprano's wife, right at the beggining. Im not telling you that you should go to her with flowers and a poem, but all im saying is, that your actions need to say "I want you" in a very subtle way. If she gives you some cues that she wants it too, the good job, you may have got yourself a partner.
>>
>>18150160
IT'S THIS. Stop trying to fix shit that only time will fix. Go hang with your buddies, relax and kick it to push those feelings away. You don't have to push them away forever, only long enough for them to go away on their own.

Christ /adv/ is stupid sometimes.
>>
>>18150285
Now, there's the part about God, you don't have to read this if you're atheist, but whatever, someone may need it. Keep this in mind -- we were created for the sole purpose of a loving relationship with God. Even the normie fags that have sex every week feel miserable every day. They always blame someone else for their problems, did you notice? Love God, because God is our joy, our healer. Come to him in prayer, and if you have an Orthodox Church nearby, in the Divine Sacraments. Speak to a priest. But not Protestant or Catholic, they are not the true Church. I'll say it once again, without God we are trying to love people but we don't have the source of all love! And that is Jesus Christ. If there's no Orthodox temple near you at all, practice the prayer: "Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, have mercy on me, a sinner!" Repeat it as many times as you like, some go as far as repeating it for 10000 times. For beginners, 100 times is enough. If you don't like this, read two chapters of the New Testament. It is also a form of prayer.

You can't feel happy all the time, but know that Christ brings joy with him -- and we have to have eros love for Christ. Unite with Christ in prayer, try to do everything you can for him, every good deed, try to abstain from food a little. Imagine a mother carrying her child in her arms. Her face shines with joy because she is so close to her loved one. That's what the relationship with Christ should be. Out of pure love. We don't live according to the Bible so that we go to Heaven. People united with Christ enjoy heavenly joy in this world already! Love is stronger than death, so does the Bible verse say. So i say unto you, love will surely conquer the fear of death.
So keep in mind, happiness is not of this world. God speed, and remember -- most therapists and shrinks have their own mental issues. Speak to a priest.
>>
>>18150285
I've been told this makes me sound like such a virgin, but I want a gf for intimacy instead of sex; I see sex as a benefit but not as the main reason. My measure of success is the amount of loved ones around me.

>>18150301
I am religious, and I am happy with my religion. I have been away for awhile due to health issues so that is probably also my problem as well.

>>18150296
I broke my collarbone recently, thankfully it is now healed so I can hang with my friends more since they are an active bunch
>>
>>18150343
>I've been told this makes me sound like such a virgin, but I want a gf for intimacy instead of sex; I see sex as a benefit but not as the main reason. My measure of success is the amount of loved ones around me.
Don't listen to other people that much. Most of them are not that satisfied. Because you see them when they are in the club, or out with friends, they are too scared to show that they are fragile and vulnerable. Everyone has their episodes.

Aside from the religion thing, i think you're just fine. Maybe get a hobby?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.