[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok so I am in an online class at USC in California and my professor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: asa-akira-hot-sexy (5).jpg (35KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
asa-akira-hot-sexy (5).jpg
35KB, 500x667px
Ok so I am in an online class at USC in California and my professor is in Boston. Fucking Boston! Do I have a right to be upset at the school that the teacher is not in the same state as me? I need to meet with the professor weekly in office hours for help with the class. This class was not held in person this semester and is a late start one.
>>
You can complain, but you're not going to get anywhere with it. It's an online course, and it's probably an online course BECAUSE the professor is in Boston. You knew what you were getting yourself into when you signed up. Why don't you just email them if you need help?
>>
>>18149087
Because I cant learn through reading I have OCD. I need to be physically shown how to do the spreadsheets.
>>
>>18149082
Sure, you have a right to be upset. But the reality of the situation is that your professor has clearance from the university to be where they are. So too bad for you. Your only option is to complain to the dean of your major/program. The feedback may get them thinking about the ramifications of letting professors teach from remote locations. But I doubt it. This is pretty standard shit. I've had numerous professors teach from across the globe. Most recently, a professor taught an online course while doing a research project in Ireland. It wasn't ideal but whatever. It's an online class. It's pretty much expected you won't get facetime with a professor in an online course.

Don't take online courses in the future if you are the type of student who needs to meet a professor in person to resolve issues. I get it, in this case you couldn't help it. Oh well. That's life. Not everything always goes to plan or is ideal. This is a tiny thing in the grand scheme of things. Ask your professor if you can set up Skype, Google Hangouts or phone calls each week so you can get help.
>>
>>18149090
So why did you sign up for an online course...? I can see how it's inconvenient for students if the professor is in another state, but at the same time, it's not the school's job to make sure it works for each and every person, you have to take some personal responsibility.
>>
>>18149093
This is the first online course I ever have been in
>>
>>18149097
Then drop out and take the in person version of the course next semester. And talk to your school's disability office so you get accommodations for your OCD. Stop making excuses for shit that is easily fixable/avoidable.
>>
>>18149097
And now you know not to take one next time. Do what >>18149104 says, and stop expecting the world to coddle you.
>>
>>18149104
If I drop out ilI owe the school like $1000
>>
>>18149115
Im not expecting the world to coddle me I am just expecting a professor to do his fucking job
>>
>>18149124
You have two options: drop out, pay the fee and take the course you need to take.

Or arrange with your online professor to have a phone call each week, or a Google Hangout or Skype conference, so you can share your screen with them and work through whatever it is you would do in person.

This shit is so fucking easy. Talk to people. Solve the problem.
>>
>>18149124
Then suck it up and finish the course. It sounds like you haven't even made an effort to pass, you've just decided that you're not going to try as some sort of weird protest because the professor is in a different state.

Or do you just know you're not going to do well and are using this and 'muh OCD' as an excuse?
>>
>>18149125
The professor IS doing his job. He isn't teaching this course from Boston without the school's permission, and it's not his fault that you can't handle online courses.
>>
>>18149125
>my professor's job is to magically read my mind and bend over backward to accommodate my mental disability even though I haven't gone through the appropriate offices on campus to get a disability standing which would signal to the professor that I need additional help and accommodations

Fuck you for being so stupid. You're not going to make it through college.
>>
Holy shit OP, you are gonna struggle something MAJOR in real life if you can't get through a college course without weekly sessions with your professor outside of the classroom. Get a tutor.

You will not have the luxury of your boss being in the office all the time, or being able to handhold you through your work.

My boss lives in Chicago and only comes to the west coast two days a week every other week to deal with in person meetings.

Grow up, or get a disability. You should have known what you were signing up for.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.