[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I didn't get chosen for NHS at my school. Feels bad, this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1085.jpg (1MB, 3024x1939px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1085.jpg
1MB, 3024x1939px
I didn't get chosen for NHS at my school. Feels bad, this was gonna be big for me. I'm really bummed out. One skank of a teacher refused to sign for something on my application because I "didn't go to a single book club meeting" even though I clearly remember going. I fucking hate this.
>>
Any advice to cope with this?
>>
>>18148148

have you tried coping?
>>
>>18148161
I just feel bad and have been inside all day.
>>
>>18148163

maybe go outside and not be sad.
>>
M8 this shit doesn't matter hugely for college apps. Also, you need usually one leadership position to get in. Either make a bs club or run for a position at a club you are in right now. I was denied when I applied in junior year so I just made my own club and got accepted senior year.
>>
>>18148148
kill yourself perhaps?
nobody gives a flying fuck about NHS outside of highschool
>>
You're just going to have to make peace with it, it's life, we can't always get what we want. Something that helps me make peace with my shortcomings is knowledge that I will be more creative and work even harder in the future to achieve my goals or even change the system/field/industry.

That's the coping part.

As far as why you didn't actually get NHS, it's probably because that one teacher didn't like you. Perhaps you did something to rub her the wrong way, or you aren't very good at hiding the fact that deep down you think she's a skank. PROTIP: a large part of academia is sucking up, both to the teachers and to the system. If other students are better at being good little conformists, and they tick all of the boxes, why should the non-conformist who doesn't tick all of the boxes get into the club? It takes a passionate teacher who can actually spot the unique students to see their potential and work with them. Most teachers are just trying to get through the day and won't go the extra mile to help students achieve their true potential.
>>
>>18148180
Thank you, you've given me a lot to think about. It's just..disappointing us all I guess. Oh well I suppose you're right
>>
>>18148177
I go to a really small school that needs a teacher to be there at every club so that can't work unfortunately
>>
>>18148172
I'll go on a walk and listen to some tunes, thanks dude
>>
>>18148191

fucking bloggers
>>
>>18148196
Uh ok?
>>
>>18148147

That sucks, OP.

I went to a private school where roughly half the class made honor society.

I don't recall having to get anything signed, or having to do anything other have whatever minimum gpa
>>
>>18148187
Alright then try to get a leadership position, even as a co chair. If you have a good friend as the prez or vp, try to ask them to slide you in there.

Also, when you're applying next time, make sure you write about programs and shit that you helped create or run.
>>
>>18148248

what high school did you go to man? that shit's supposed to be prestigious...

like the letter said: you should be an academic forerunner. How can fifty percent of your grade be forerunners?
>>
File: IMG_6811.jpg (91KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6811.jpg
91KB, 750x1334px
NHS isnt even that great. Most people just go to stack college apps and doesnt even get you anywhere. I have a friend whose in NHS, got a 2030 sat, 4.1 gpa, loaded on community service/stem club activities and did cross country but got rejected from all ucs applied to so far and waitlisted at ucsd.

Point is college and school are fucked systems run by selfish assholes and theyre hyper selective. Very hard to get into even if you take care of all you can control.

Fuck me im just mad im not getting accepted anywhere
>>
>>18148282
That's not a good Sat score tho
>>
>>18148178
this seriously
I know it feels like your world is ending OP, but this shit literally does not matter in the slightest
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.