[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tell me you weight loss success stories and tips please. My

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: weight.jpg (71KB, 1000x774px) Image search: [Google]
weight.jpg
71KB, 1000x774px
tell me you weight loss success stories and tips please.

My situation: 6'1 and 240 pounds, so not the absolute worst of situations, but I don't feel like I have the confidence to talk to cute girls romantically because I am self conscious about my body. Otherwise I feel a girl would be very lucky to have me.
>>
>>18147595
>stop smoking weed
>lose 20lbs

That's how I did it.
>>
>>18147602
ehhh, I dont smoke, I think it fucks with my Gastro Reflux Disease that I self diagnosed myself with, anytime I get high my through feels like its burning. No other drug causes this, not sure why.
>>
>>18147595
Go to /fit/ and read the sticky.

Also the easiest way if you aren't already don't drink your calories. I can't even stand the taste of a Coke anymore.
>>
Is diet soda ok? I know there are a lot of myths surrounding it, but it says 0 sugar, 0 calories on the label. Sure it might have alternative health affects but im pretty sure it wont make me gain weight. Also what I just said might make me sound like Im addicted to soda, but actually I was just wondering, I mainly drink water unless I'm out.
>>
>>18147595
You need to diet. Going to the gym or exercising is important if you want to look good after losing the weight, but diet is your priority. No sugar, no excessive carbs, no gluttinous foods, no take out meals, no restaurant food. Cut, cut, cut and be very strict. I went from 320 to 220 at 6"3 of well built body in under a year. It's literally as easy as stopping.
>>
>>18147633
What was your go to meal when starting out?
>>
>>18147595

So, this isn't an easy diet - but this is how I lost nearly 60 lbs FAST in two phases without stepping foot in a gym (5'11, 225 on the left, 165 on the right).

It's also probably not doctor recommended or something /fit/ would okay, but it's "weight loss success."

I used to be a pretty thin guy, but all day booze (worked from home) and unrelenting fast foods and delivery and shit absolutely wrecked me. So I decided to cut out the booze for a while, which was crucial. While I did that, I noticed the weight wasn't shedding as much as I wanted, so I went on a total crash diet.

Over two months I:

>Drank no beer
>Ate under 1200 calories a day, most days under 1000

I wouldn't eat in the morning, or throughout the workday, really. and when I did, it was practically zero calorie, with celery/broccoli/cauliflower dipped in hot sauce (Frank's Red Hot is zero cal). Everything I drank was zero or low cal - water, diet tea, diet soda (I don't like soda but it was to replace the beer), and black coffee.

When I got home, I'd have a little bit of protein, like turkey breast slices, to the tune of about 120 calories. Then it was time for push ups (sets of 10, as many as I could do until no more), sit ups (same thing), and either go for a run or bike ride, or if weather was bad, do sprints up and down my stairs until exhaustion.

After this, I was able to reward myself with most anything I wanted to eat - having consumed under 200 calories that day, I could do something up to 800 calories. My go-to? A grilled seafood burrito and grilled seafood taco from up the street. Down that, comfortably sit and watch TV with a FULL belly, sleep.

I didn't calculate net calories - whatever I lost during my workouts, I kept off. I was probably netting 700 a day or something. No cheat days.

I did this in two phases - two months on, three months off, two months on. I'm now at a steady 170-175 and have stayed there for a year and a half.
>>
>>18147631
Diet soda is fine. Don't listen to the memes or soccer mom advice about it. The sugar from regular soda is 1000x worse than any "potential" risk diet soda may have.
>>
>>18147647

Wasn't sure if I was going to have more space to type here... but even though this worked for me, be careful. I have a lot of energy and I'm sure for most people, this would cause exhaustion and fainting during a workout. It also has a VERY high possibility of you snapping and gorging and gaining it back if you don't maintain discipline after.

My goal now that I shed that weight is to actually spend time in the gym, and eating a more balanced diet. Plus right now I'm on another hiatus from drinking.
>>
>>18147647
god damn that diet. 1200 is not a lot at all though, seems unhealthy. I guess you just did it to recalibrate your self after gaining to much to reset quickly

I wouldn't mind losing some weight fast in time for grad.
>>
>>18147642
It varied a lot, but mostly fish, chicken and tons of veggies. Just eat less and eat clean. No processed bs.
>>
>>18147647
MIRIN
>>
>>18147647
Nice job. Honestly you were kind of cute as a fatty as well
>>
cut soda out
count calories

there ya go
>>
>>18147595
Try the North Korean weight loss plan. I tried it when I was 14.
Basically, you don't eat for weeks at a time, and when you get lucky, you get to have a few bags of candy and some rice which you hardly manages to cook for yourself because your mom is too busy to cook for you and you're an autistic who hadn't learned to cook on their own yet.
However, there are some downsides to it. First, the hunger gets unbearable in a few days. I managed to alleviate it by watching the DPR Korea Central Television propaganda music video broadcasts.
Another downside is that you might pass out sometimes, but if you're strong in spirit and energized by the propaganda, these feelings tend to go away and be replaced with determination and anger.

The upsides:
-I know the song of the general Kim IL Sung by heart, in Korean, and can now read Hangul.
-My record low BMI was 16.

MANSE!
Yes, I really went through this. But don't ever get yourself in a position like this.
>>
>>18147786
Also, this happened outside of North Korea during the 2017 financial crisis, when my family went broke.
There are some downsides of course, like stunted puberty and getting told that you look like a walking skeleton, but oh well...
>>
>>18147800
>>18147786
Rice is dirt cheap, why not just eat that everyday
>>
You know the boneless chicken breast at the grocery store that's on sale for $1.99/lb every other week? Yeah, buy it. And learn to make food you like to eat with it. Nearly pure protein, 420 calories per pound of chicken. So you'd have to eat 7 lbs of it to break even on calories deficient. Calories in vs. calories out. Start lifting weights. Start small, pick up a book called starting strength, read it, and follow the routine. Don't follow any other BS you read. By the time you're ready to move on from SS, you'll be strong enough to actually have an informed decision about weight lifting.
>>
>>18147595
Was 273lbs (5'9") at my biggest. Now I'm (somehow) 5'8.5" fluctuating 175-163lbs. Lost weight the unhealthy way at first, my skin could be worse but fortune was in my favor. Now I eat a mostly vegan diet (not pushy-vegan; just for weight loss) and exercise daily. Stopped attending a gym when I moved but I do a lot of cardio and bodyweight exercises.

Quitting weed does help in the sense of not getting the munchies and having the drive to say "no" to the cheesecake in the fridge. God I miss cheesecake.
>>
>>18147595
I was 235 6'0" and went plant based.... Lost 80 lbs without stepping into a gym... Fucking hate working out... Good luck Anon
>>
>>18147871
Spoiler alert. Working out/cardio doesn't really burn that many calories. Diet is more integral to weight loss. Exercise is just a catalyst.

Calories in, calories out.
>>
>>18147595
The key is to make small changes at a time. Rushing into weight loss by changing a copious amount of your lifestyle (i.e exercising, diet, etc) may be too much at once. I tried losing weight 3 times before I was eventually successful.

--First, I would make sure your diet is in order before you start working out. You can workout as much as you like and not see results if you down soda and candy after.

1.) Cut out regular soda/candy completely, even for cheat days. Diet soda is ok. Just remember: moderation. Diet sodas won't throw you out of keto or kill your diet, but I made the mistake of relying on them and I get headaches if I don't have one a day. Still lost weight with them though.
2.) Count calories, carbs, fats, etc if your diet is specific/discriminates
3.) Moderation (eating 30 apples isn't healthy).

--Second, look at what workouts you want to do. If you want straight weight loss, I'd recommend intense cardio. Explore, have fun. Do not make it look like a chore, make it your lifestyle. You can bulk after losing weight.

1.) Sleep is important, you need to recover.
2.) Home workouts are always an option (Insanity, P90, etc)
3.) Know when to stop. Working out 7 days a week doesn't always equate to better results. Your first week will be tough, you'll be sore. It's ok to rest as long as you eat right.

Keeping track of your weight and habits is key. It's a complete 180 mentally and physcially, but it can be done.

As for my story? I was 65 lbs overweight in highschool and lost it all in several months by eating healthy and doing intense cardio 5 days a week and doing something light on the 6th. Currently doing keto and just keeping my body as is. Didn't gain back any unwanted weight since I kept my habits healthy. As of now I am in college in a STEM major and still keep at it.

Don't have to follow my advice directly, do what works for you and stick with it. If I can do it, so can you. Good luck, anon.
>>
Get motivated fag. I know, it's easy to say that, but honestly all you have to do is want it. you need to believe with every fiber of your being that you are what you want to be because we are all eternal entities who have created this reality to live in and you can learn more at www.scientologynearyou.gov/edu...and cut out sugars other than fruit.
>>
>>18147647
>without stepping foot in a gym

You really didn't need to mention it. kek
>>
>>18147595
I went from skinnyfat to ottermode in half a year, losing a total of 25lb. It's very easy, just eat at a 20% calorie deficit. Also avoid sugary drinks. Now talking to girls is something else entirely. I've been told I'm very attractive and I'm still too afraid to talk to girls.
>>
>>18147959
>we are all eternal entities

Can't wait for your faggot ass to change your tune when you'll vomit your liver out in your last hours on this dump.
>>
>>18147675
Basically this. I also avoided sugar as much as possible as well. Lost 60lbs over the course of a year just by changing my eating habits.
>>
>roomate is a bit overweight, 270 lbs
>watch him cut down to 200, he looks great
>suddenly he starts eating a LOT, also stops exercising
>like, I'm hiding my food from him because he'll eat an entire package of oreos each day
>balloons back up, I've never seen him this fat, I'd guess pushing 300
>complains that he isnt losing weight even though he's on a diet
like hell you're on a diet bitch I just watched you eat an entire package of Ritz Crackers that we were supposed to share
>>
>>18147595
>feb
>227lbs at 5'10"
>need military to get out of shitville
>count calories, eat junk but less of it
>eat around 1k-1.5k a day and friday and saturday are no limits (body adjusts quickly and punishes me for getting super greasy shit)
>18lbs and still losing
Next month I'll start jogging and working out more. Maybe we'll make it after all.
>>
When i was a kid, like 15 ish, i was really fat, until i went on a two week school trip to the south of france, we were canoeing up the ardeche river. I was a really fussy eater at the time so i ate basically nothing for those two weeks, while doing constant strenuous physical exercise. by the time i got back i was ripped as fuck. the good news about starting off fat is that once you lose the fat you will look really fucking good.

basically just stop eating and work out constantly until you reach a body you're happy with, it'll be shit but it won't take very long. once you've got there you just need to calorie count and maintain a baseline level of exercise..
>>
Go read the /fit/ sticky OP. Everyone here is talking about going on a diet, but diets aren't usually effective as once you've lost the weight and decide you can quit your diet, you'll gain it all right back. Adjusting your diet needs to be viewed as a lifestyle change if you plan to keep the weight off. It's absolutely true that you can lose all the weight you want without exercising, though it will take a little more self control.

I went from 230lbs-175lbs in about 6 months doing Intermittent Fasting, then returned to a normal eating schedule, but continued to monitor what I eat and much I eat. Google Intermittent fasting if you need the details, or look for a thread on /fit/.

You can make it breh, we're all gonna make it.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.