[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm considering seeing a therapist because I'm getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1471503305169.gif (438KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471503305169.gif
438KB, 500x500px
I'm considering seeing a therapist because I'm getting desperate to do something for my anxiety. I've been through a lot of emotional stuff in this past year and just kind of shut down and started feeling scared of everyone and everything and started avoiding stuff. It's to the point I'm terrified of interacting with people for any reason and I don't want to leave my apartment.

I have a regular doctor visit coming up (will be first time going outside in weeks) and I am thinking about asking them. Should I bring it up and how to do it without seeming stupidly awkward?

This is a problem I've really had my whole life and it's already on my medical record. I used to go to therapists when I was a teenager but haven't been since I've been an adult because it never did much of anything for me. I'm hoping that was just a bad experience and someone else will be able to help. I really just want to be able to get at least somewhat normal again and stop feeling like a wuss about everything.
>>
>>18147349
Bump for adv. This IS a stupid idea after all, isn't it?
>>
>>18147349
There's no harm in at least trying therapy to find out if it's for you OP. If not either push yourself to change or kys, preferably the former
>>
>>18147388
I'm just worried it'll end up being like it was back when I was younger and end up doing more harm than good and not helping a thing. I don't know how I should get this whole process started though, I haven't tried therapy in 10+ years
>>
>>18147395
What happened when you were younger?
>>
>>18147349
Are you a neet? If not, who cares if you don't want to leave your apartment? You're a free man, not leeching, and you aren't obligated to be a social butterfly. Nobody is judging you, in fact, nobody gives you any mind at all outside of your usefulness to them. So do what keeps you comfortable.

This is only an issue if it's keeping you dependent on others.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.