[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, a simple question: how do you know when you've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: river_sedge_ch10p152.jpg (90KB, 698x1000px) Image search: [Google]
river_sedge_ch10p152.jpg
90KB, 698x1000px
Hey /adv/, a simple question: how do you know when you've fallen out of love with someone (under non cheating related circumstances)

Ask questions, share your stories, I'm pretty curious
>>
I've been in a relationship for 5 years now, and I'm at a stand-still emotionally I feel like my feelings for my partner are hanging on by a thread (but is still there). I don't know what do, my partner loves me undoubtedly and respects me. And I have as well.

I'm not particularly interested in anyone else, I just feel like, little by little, i'm getting tired of the situation i'm in. But at the same time, I'm terrified of loosing something that's great and may potentially be good in the longer run.

I'm in a long distance relationship and haven't seen my partner physically for the last 4 years and its not an open relationship. We've kept things going because we're very communicative and spend a lot of time working out each one of our problems. I really do feel like this person has been worth the wait.

My partner doesn't want me to pay anything and wants to get to my country on their own as a matter of pride.

The distance has rarely been an issue and since i don't care about having sex with anyone other than with my partner i'm lead to believe that this is an exclusively emotional thing.

I really appreciate some opinions on my situation because I feel completely at a loss.
>>
not op but also curious
>>
In a LTR, you are (virtually) never in love all the time. It's an ebb and flow. Sometimes you feel more sexual desire, sometimes less of that and more deep familial love, sometimes the romantic spark is suddenly back. This is entirely normal. Hell, if you look at a long term friendship you'll even see that you don't like them equally all the time, and look differently at them one year vs another.

Having said that, some signs of completely having fallen out of love (it's about seeing a pattern, not "see if you recognize any of these at all" are;
>not caring to tell exciting news to them specifically anymore - when you don't think of them first or even second/third to share in your joy, and updating them is just a practicality
>when you feel annoyance when you see they've sent you messages
>when you start finding their touch/smell unpleasant, you find yourself thinking they sit too close often or that their touch is clammy, essentially feeling physically smothered or downright repulsed (but masturbating is fine)
>when you find that none of your daydreams for the future involve them in any way
>when your mood lifts as soon as you leave them/are alone, or you dread seeing them
>when their compliments or affections don't touch you deeply anymore but annoy you, make you feel hollow or vaguely guilty
>when you realize when interacting with the opposite sex that solely differing from your partner, even in the most trivial aspects, is exciting and attractive to you
>when small things about them (loud breathing, a nervous tic) that never bothered you suddenly make you want to kill them, and/or you start finding stuff unattractive about them physically you never even noticed
>>
>>18147381
I can see myself in some of those questions but how do you cope with it? How do you tell the difference between times in which you don't love your partner as much, as being just a passing feeling rather than proof that ou truly do not love them?
>>
>>18147346
Although you may not crave sex on a conscious level, the human brain, and the human relationship needs sex.
Not all need much, some very seldom need it, but we all crave it to a degree. Sex is reassurance, in one's self, and in one's relationship/partner.

Not only is sex very important, but physicality is evem more important.

Without touch emotions will grow cold, it's hard to keep a long distance friendship let alone a long distance relationship. I was in a LDR for 2 years, but we saw each for a month at least 3-4x a year. I cannot imagine not seeing my partner physically for four years, it's a wonder you haven't grown completely cold or lost control.

You sound like an upstanding person, with extreme loyalty and a great sense of will, but a deep love will keep you faithful too.
I think it's very important that you get your partner to you (physically) asap.

it seems you have something truly beautiful in your hands that your partners stubbornness may completely ruin.
>>
>>18147346
>I'm in a long distance relationship and haven't seen my partner physically for the last 4 years
> I feel like my feelings for my partner are hanging on by a thread

Pretty sure it would be different if it wasn't a long distance relationship.
>>
>>18147296
do you feel good being around with your partner ?
if the awnser is no you are fallen out of love
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.