[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, I need some advice. So I'm unhappily married to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0829.jpg (125KB, 488x632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0829.jpg
125KB, 488x632px
Hello, I need some advice.

So I'm unhappily married to a great person. I got married at a young age (been married for 3 years now) and I don't feel anything for her. In fact, I've never felt anything for her. Every time she kisses me or cuddles up to me it feels like a chore. Being around her completely drains me. I got married to her because she set up a date at the courthouse and everything and I didn't want to make her look like an idiot infront of her family. So I went with it. I was really dumb and just thought that a divorce would come out of it.

3 years later she's still in love and I'm not. She's a really great person and I feel guilty trying to break it off. But I feel like I'm wasting the prime years of my life.

What do?

Also I'm 25 and she's 27.

TLDR; Want divorce. Don't love wife. Don't know how to go about it. What do?
>>
Deal with your problem. You went into this knowing what you bought into. You don't want it? Get a divorce.
>>
>>18146402
It's just I feel so bad about it since she really is a great person. Another thing is that she wants to have kids now and I don't want kids until I'm atleast 30.
>>
>>18146409
Do you have children?
If so, it's too late, bro.
>>
>>18146399
>I got married to her because she set up a date at the courthouse and everything and I didn't want to make her look like an idiot

probably the most retarded shit ive heard this week.
>>
>>18146399
are you attracted to her?
>>
>>18146399
Are you retarded(serious question)
>>
>>18146399
Getting married young is very stupid nowadays.

I married when I was 21. I'm 24 now and I also regret it to some extent. Unlike you I do mostly love him, but he has lots of baggage that I'm quickly getting tired of like his family, his bills, his newly diagnosed mental illness(schizophrenia.- 1st mental break at 28 yo. No family history, college educated (engineering), a complete surprise), etc.
I'm hoping whatever he has can be controlled. He's on medications, but ...I honestly don't think he can be without them. I have doubts this illness will be managed. I don't even know if he can hold down a job. The longest was not even two years. The future doesn't seem so good right now for us either...but anway...DO NOT HAVE KIDS whatever you do. You will be stuck paying child support for 18 years. You will ruin your life. Wear a goddamn condom...do not trust her.

How long have you felt this way? Every marriage has ups and downs...are you 100% this is how you truly feel?

If yes then I think you should just simply tell her how you feel. Don't play games. Don't cheat on her. Just be honest. She at least deserves that....Apologize and tell her that you want to put this to an end. I'm sure she may be aware of your feelings already. Such disinterest and depression is hard to hide.

Do you own anything together(house)? That makes things a bit more complicated. Go to a lawyer ASAP they will be able to give you direct answers on the process and what exactly you will lose out on.

Move out whenever possible too. Living together makes the divorce process difficult.

I wish you the best anon. Life is short; choose happiness.
>>
It isn't easy, i was with someone for 5 years. we had a house, i loved her and she loved me. she talked about getting married and i knew it would make her happy. i went along with it all, knowing that it was for her. One day i realised, this isn't fair on both of us and sat her down and told her. All the wedding was paid for and everything was sorted, the thought of breaking it off and upsetting everyone made me feel sick.but in the long run it would be for the best. I also knew i had to do this before kids were involved.

I broker her heart & mine, i hurt her and her family and it was all down to me. 2 years later we don't speak, but shes ok and seen a few people, so i have heard. She still gets to have her wedding day with someone and be the beautiful bride.

The up shot is, it'll be the hardest conversation you'll perhaps ever have. She'll hate you and you'll feel like shit. Given time you'll both move on and you'll both heal. Or say nothing and feel like shit anyway & live your life for someone else !

Good luck ( i guess this applies to anyone in this thread in this situation?)
>>
>>18146484
>Getting married young is very stupid nowadays
Getting married *at all* is stupid nowadays. No-fault divorce is a thing, and the entire tradition of marriage is outdated and unrealistic.

>Unlike you I do mostly love him, but he has lots of baggage that I'm quickly getting tired of like his family, his bills, his newly diagnosed mental illness
Thanks for proving my point. Remember those vows you took? All that hot garbage about "in sickness and in health?"

That's coming into play now. Do your duty as a wife and stand by your man, even when it's hard, especially when it's hard.

PROTIP: Marriage isn't about happiness. It's about family.

>you're a woman
Who am I kidding, in a year or two you'll file for divorce, and seek alimony.
>>
>>18146409
You should feel bad. You did a shitty thing. Now clean your plate.
>>
>>18146493
What was wrong with her?

You said you loved each other
>>
>>18146466
It is only tuesday anon.

>i have never felt anything
Go and tell her this. And when she asks you why havent you told her sooner, just reply
>it was just a banter

But have you considered your current life? Like what you have to lose with divorce? Because i bet you now have pretty comfy life with loving sexy wife and maybe even easy access to pussy. That is a lot of things.

Also if you want kids (btw the only reason to live in the long term) you will have to do all these things again in the future. Is it really worth it? Everybody claims the "love phase" last like 1~5 years and then it is gone anyway. Maybe you just skipped the first part of marriage.

Maybe you are just lazy semi psychopath. And since you managed to stay with her for 3 years, it all must be comfy for you.

Think hard before you throw it all away.

You know what would be cool? If you told her truth and she would reply:
>i know, i dont love you neither, i just want babies with your quality dna
:-D
>>
There was nothing wrong with her, i wanted to travel and spent most of my time climbing, which she didn't mind at all. i think i wanted someone who i could share all these experiences with, instead of going off by myself all the time.

it sounds shitty and picky, but i didn't want to go down this road if i wasn't 100% sure. that is selfish and just hurts people in the log run. The guy in this thread is going to hurt his wife more now than if he hadn't started down this road. It was with the best of intention that i ended it, as i didn't want to get down the kids route or even marriage. to be fair i did think about just getting married and getting a divorce, so not to upset people. but i just took a deep breath and went for it, hardest thing i have ever done. but everyone is alright in the end
>>
>>18146484
Well he'd deserve for her to rape him financially since he is practically been deceiving her for so long and even married her without loving her. Just for being such an idiot he'd deserve it.
I agree that having kids would be even more moronic.
It will hurt her a lot but let her find someone who loves her for real. You have wasted enough of her time.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.