[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 25 and I just quit my big boy (first job after college)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: oh88J.jpg (32KB, 553x574px) Image search: [Google]
oh88J.jpg
32KB, 553x574px
I'm 25 and I just quit my big boy (first job after college) job and moved back to my home state. My girlfriend thinks that I should have tried harder to apply for jobs while I still had my job. My family, buddies, and my girlfriend all live in my home state. I loved my job and it provided so many benefits including a company car. I gave that job up to be happy again and move back home (had been feeling homesick for the past 8 months). I could've been sending out my resume at a higher volume that I did but I just felt so depressed and unmotivated these past few months and now she thinks that I will be unreliable in the future and she's unsure about us. We've been together for more than 2 years and I've never met anyone as great as her. This is our real first fight, I'd say. Just wanted to vent. Anybody had make any huge life decisions because they were unhappy?
>>
shit sorry for the grammatical errors. just super frustrated right now
>>
It's not wise to quit your job based only on feels and with no planning for the future.
>>
Almost the same situation, minus the gf and I hated my job. Just start talking to recruiters for your field and show that you're making an effort, and people will understand.

You can literally tell recruiters and hiring managers "I felt homesick/wanted something closer to home" without an issue, when they ask why you left. If your gf leaves you because you don't have a steady stream of cash flowing in for a few months, then you don't want her as a gf anyway. Do what feels right to you, fuck everyone else.
>>
>>18146355
>>18146362

I appreciate the input guys. I saved up a tremendous amount of money plus received to bonuses this past quarter to keep me afloat for about a year (including paying my student loans and credit card debt). I thought about this rationally for a while and felt it would be easier for me to job hunt now that I'm back home. For me, it's so tough to motivate yourself when you're all alone. I never really tried making friends with anyone out there and my coworkers all tend to their families after work. For me it was just 8-6 work, then me in my apartment til I fall asleep. I kept myself busy by working out, reading, and other hobbies but I just felt alone.
>>
>My girlfriend thinks that I should have tried harder to apply for jobs while I still had my job.
Anyone can complain.

>I could've been sending out my resume at a higher volume
A: "do you need help?"
B: "yes, but I can't pay anything."
Location is everything.

>I loved my job and it provided so many benefits including a company car.
From my observations, those are usually the same jobs which force you to train your replacement as a condition of qualifying for unemployment benefits after they punt you. They overspend, then they overcompensate for overspending, then often times they go out of business. It's a rough world, get used to it.

>I just felt so depressed and unmotivated these past few months and now she thinks that I will be unreliable in the future and she's unsure about us
You're not having a fight; you're having a crisis. The sooner you realize this the better. She might very well be falling out of love with you, because in her eyes you have collapsed and lost all value (might be true.) A man getting downsized out of his job is the equivalent of a woman suddenly turning way fucking fat.

Long story short: get money. Get the money and all else will follow; in the mafia money is more important than muscle.
>>
>>18146391

Good input.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.