[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anons of /adv/, how did your experiences with depression counseling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Anons of /adv/, how did your experiences with depression counseling help? I can't take it anymore and am desperate to try anything, but I'm still really afraid of completely opening up, even if it's to some doctor I'll realistically never see outside of sessions.
>>
>>18145827
>>18145827

not good. i disagreed with most everything the psychiatrist told me.

but i still recommend therapy to anyone who is depressed. can't make it worse.

in my case it helped in a round about way. it helped reaffirm my ideas and pushed me to prove their validity. now im the happiest person i know.
>>
>>18145850
What were your ideas?
>>
>>18145874

the most important for me was not letting people abuse you. my therapist basically told me id be happier if i just accepted the bad things happening to me and i wholeheartedly disagreed. It wasn't until I started pushing back against bullies that I realized my potential as a man.

its in my nature to be nice and accommodating, but beneath all that, in every person i think, there's the part that has taken too much shit and wants to get into a fight.

everything else was an extension to that. I do agree wtih her sentiments when it comes to things you legitimately can't change. The universe is indifferent and you can't just get whatever you want whenever you want. but people abusing you, physically or otherwise, is not one of those, and regardless of the situation you're able to stand your ground so long as you build up a solid base for yourself.
>>
>>18145881
Is it possible that no one was taking advantage/doing anything bad to you, and you were just overly vigilant? Like your perception is wrong?

Sorry to derail OP, I just find this odd. Were they just a shitty shrink overall?
>>
>>18145918

again, literal physical abuse, what people used to call just 'bullying' and boys will be boys, sure, but they had no reason to hurt me.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.