[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I deal with hair loss as a 24 y/o male..? It consumes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 4plZm.png (89KB, 242x267px) Image search: [Google]
4plZm.png
89KB, 242x267px
How do I deal with hair loss as a 24 y/o male..? It consumes me to the point of not being able to go a day without wearing a hat. The loss is begging on my frontal lobe and giving me a receding widows peek almost hair line. I feel like shaving my head would make me look like a skin head and not shaving it just makes me look 10+ years older.. I don't know why this is such an issue to me, I even have had a gf for the past 5+ years who doesn't care at all about this issue like I do.

Is there any place or studies being done to help counter this issue? Any help would be great. I've reached out to several people, including my doctor, but still waiting for a reply. Thanks in advance if you decide to post.
>>
>>18145100
If your dad is bold, you will be in time too. Sorry anon, it is genetics.

There are shampoos made to fight this, also you can try hair transplant but in the end your head will be shiny.
>>
>>18145100
If there was a reliable way to combat hair loss, you'd fucking hear about it. Just go skinhead, bro, we know you have a folder of nazi frog pictures anyways, might as well embrace it.
>>
>>18145132
Not him, but i am also 24 and balding. Dad has full think gray hair in 50s. His dad too.

My moms dad was bald though, and thats what fucked me.
All my cousins from that side have hair but me

JUST

>>18145100

Either do the big 3 drugs (minox, finasteride, and that one shampoo) or embrace it, shave and grow a beard.

I am embracing it, i am not going to cuck my body everyday with drugs just for hair
>>
>>18145132
Yeah, he is bald.. And a transplant isn't something I really want to do.. I heard they are looking at injecting the scalp with fat tissue and somehow this would help reverse the balding and potentially bring in new hair cells. This is still in testing though last I heard.

>>18145133
=D lol ty for the laugh and very true about hearing about it already if it existed.

>>18145165
Good point. I tried just taking Biotin pills for a week and they messed me up. I could barely pee without horrible pain.
>>
>>18145179
Biotin did that to you?
Thats strange.

How many did you take a day and what dosage?
>>
>>18145184
10,000 mcg a day per the bottles description.

Sorry was driving to work.
>>
>>18145270
Thats curious, are you sure it was from the biotin?

Biotin usually comes without any serious side effects.
>>
>>18145100
This is going to sound ridiculous, but im not fucking jokeing. You listen to me and you listen now.

Stop useing shampoo and all other hair products. This include gel and hairspray type stuff too. Just use water to clean your hair. And NOT hot water. The colder the better. ONLY "pat" dry your hair. Dont scratch your head hard. Or much at all.

Shampoo literally washes away all the natural oils that your hair needs to flourish. Now i will backtrack and say that every once in a while you can use shampoo because your hair will get quite thick and oily. I would say i use shampoo maybe once a week. I lather a very small amount and quickly wash it off.
>>
>>18145505
*once a week, IF THAT.*
>>
File: 1435426494555.jpg (56KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
1435426494555.jpg
56KB, 500x369px
I started balding in my early 20's too thanks to shit genetics. Just own it, only advice I can really give on it.
>>
>>18145100
Go full bald if the looks suits you or keep your head shaved on 3-4 inches. Forget about looking for magic lotions that will make you grow a lion's mane.
>>
File: 1486451624698-pol.gif (150KB, 245x320px) Image search: [Google]
1486451624698-pol.gif
150KB, 245x320px
>>18145133
Hair is a spook
>>
my hair's been thinning/receding for a long time, but last year it suddenly accelerated - it was like there was more scalp showing than hair. I got upset, went to the doctor and started taking finasteride(propecia), vitamin d(I had a deficiency, which can cause hairloss), minoxidil(rogain) and using a shampoo called viviscal, which is supposed to densify your hair. it's been about 9-10 months, and you can no longer see my scalp, even when my hair is wet(which is usually when the thinness became most pronounced). I don't think my hairline has reversed, but it's stopped receding. I would try this regimen(with doctor's consultation) before you go looking for experimental treatments and shit. Also, ignore the instructions for minoxidil, because of FDA clinical trial rules, they can only claim that it will regrow hair in the "vertex" area, but I use it on my entire scalp and it definitely works.
>>
File: 1489781708716-pol.png (34KB, 470x512px) Image search: [Google]
1489781708716-pol.png
34KB, 470x512px
>>18145680
No one else but you and I know this existential feel, anon.
>>
>>18145731
also, if you live in the us, get the blink health app, with it a month's supply of finasteride is only $20, as opposed to the $60 they wanted when I gave them my actual insurance(I have a good plan, but it's considered cosmetic or some shit so they don't cover as much of the cost)
>>
when you go bald how much tanning does it take for your scalp to match the rest of your skin?
>>
>>18145133
>Just go skinhead, bro, we know you have a folder of nazi frog pictures anyways, might as well embrace it.

Kek
>>
File: Vegeta_dbz.png (968KB, 2500x3620px) Image search: [Google]
Vegeta_dbz.png
968KB, 2500x3620px
>have widow's peak
>get buff
>style hair like so
>be asshole to everyone but gf/wife
>proclaim self as Prince of Saiyans
>>
>>18145814
you forgot one thing:
>job
>>
>>18145971

Vegeta never had a job.
>>
>>18145505
Shampoo breaks down your natural oils (much like dish soap breaks down "grease") and allows it to be easily washed away. Your hair/scalp rely on these natural oils to provide a nourishing environment that promotes healthy hair and hair growth. Just think about it. Shampoo gets in your eyes and it burns... Eyes are sensitive i get it but what the fuck do you think it does to your scalp?
>>
>>18145990
Prince of all Saiyans is a full-time career.
>>
>>18145385
That's what I read too.. I did not change my diet so I thought if I drank water it would help me pass it easier. This had little to no success. It was horrible pain that didn't stop until about a week after I had stopped taking the pills.

>>18145505
While I understand your point, I do not see how it would help me regain any lost hair. I try to do this, but I probably wash my hair once every 3 to 4 days.

>>18145680
Thank you anon for your input. I am trying.

>>18145731
Wow thanks! I will mention this to my PCP doctor when he replies to my message.

>>18145802
I'm white as fuck. Don't think that this will affect me lol

>>18145814
Damn, that's true, Vegetta (however you spell it lol) is a fucking bad ass. Wouldn't mess with him.

Thank you all, sorry for late reply, I really do care about your opinions and to be honest, they have really helped me! I work strange hours and when I am not at work I'm at school finishing my degree. Where I lack hair on the top of my head, my facial hair does grow very nicely. Growing a beard and shaving my head might not be a bad idea, but I'd rather bulk up on muscle mass a little before doing so.

If you have any more advice or ideas that have not been said that would be greatly appreciated too.

Thanks!
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.