[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ I found out yesterday that I've won a short story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: cottrell15.jpg (42KB, 857x512px) Image search: [Google]
cottrell15.jpg
42KB, 857x512px
Hey /adv/

I found out yesterday that I've won a short story competition with a cash prize.

Unfortunately to be awarded the prize I have to send the organizer a mini bio and a "headshot. I don't have any photos of myself since around 2011, and so I used my webcam to take a photo.

Could someone tell me whether my "headshot" looks retarded please if I post it?
>>
>>18145098
I rate 8/10, would date if gay and 18+. But are you sure it shouldnt be whole face?
>>
File: photoblox2.jpg (77KB, 872x668px) Image search: [Google]
photoblox2.jpg
77KB, 872x668px
>>18145136
That's not me, I just needed an image to start the thread.

Pic related is the photo I took with my laptop webcam. Does it make me seem autistic or retarded or something? I tried smiling but it looked insincere.
>>
>>18145148
I rate 7/10, would not date unless super rich :-D

Yes you look like human. Congratulations.
>>
>>18145166
Okay thank you.

If anybody else is willing to give their reaction I'd appreciate it too. I just don't have any photos of myself smiling or with people or anything so I don't want to seem like I'm trying too hard or anything.

Can you tell I'm manoeuvring my arms to hold my laptop here?
>>
>>18145148
It's hard not to look autistic in a suit. Will serve its purpose, it's not horrible, so do ya thang
>>
>>18145148
Grow your beard out into a stuble
Fix the left shoulder of your jacket it looks odd
I also don't like the hair thing you have on the left, but if you like it keep it

Also maybe take a pic from the desk, it'll look more relaxed
>>
>>18145181
I wanted to seem smart or something. Also it's a greenish jacket not a blazer, I just couldn't get the webcam to show the colour of it. I guess "not horrible" is somewhat reassuring.
>>
>>18145148
This is a very acceptable picture, nothing to worry about. I'm sure they'll believe you're human and not a lizardman.
>>
>>18145193
only a reptiloid would need to assure people they're not a reptiloid...
do you have something to hide senpai?
>>
>>18145148
Looks like a person.
>>
>>18145185
>fix the left shoulder

I'm holding my laptop in my hand and reaching out to press "take photo". Also I have to send the photo by tomorrow, so no stubble by then unfortunately. But thank you.

>>18145193
>>18145209
Not a reptilian sorry.
>>
>>18145209
I'm not a reptiloid you fucker, there's no way a reptiloid like me would go undiscovered in today's society!
>>
>>18145218
that's what a reptiloid would say
>>
File: 1441664575838.jpg (8KB, 170x213px) Image search: [Google]
1441664575838.jpg
8KB, 170x213px
>>18145175
Looks fine. The left arm isn't crooked enough to detract from the picture.
>>
>>18145308
Thank you. I appreciate it. I realize the left shoulder / arm looks weird and you can tell from the light in my eyeballs that I'm taking the photo myself, I just don't know if that's a reason for people to dismiss me as a weird guy.
>>
>>18145315
It's actually really good for a laptop webcam photo. The suit makes you look professional and the facial expression is perfectly neutral.
>>
>>18145348
Someone on /r9k/ said my expression makes me look as if I'm trying to be "deep and mysterious" or something like that. Does it seem that way? I realize I'm not a ray of sunshine, but I don't want it to seem like I'm trying to appear 2deep4u.
>>
>>18145148
You look more like a normie. If you were to work out and get some muscles you'd literally be a chad dude. 11/10
>>
>>18145148
Does anyone have any objections to me submitting this as my photo?

The guy has emailed me again asking for one and I'm freaking out.
>>
This is for a writing competition. Open any book and look at the picture of the author. Are they smiling? Odds are no.

Take a picture like that.
>>
>>18146495
OP here.

The previous winners have been mostly young women, who are usually smiling in their photos. I don't want people to think I'm trying to act like I'm rich or something by dressing like that, but then again I like appearing smart.
>>
>>18146503
Jesus Christ OP the photo is totally fine. Stop stressing about this.
>>
>>18146521
>stop stressing

Literally THOUSANDS of people are going to read OPs story and look at this picture. How can you not stress about that?
>>
>>18146521
Sorry. I just have zero internet presence and the idea of "advertising" myself in any superficial way has always troubled me, as I'd rather the work just be read without even my name attached. I am unsure what impression I make on others, or how I come across to them.
>>
>>18145148
Wash your hair, take a new one
>>
>>18146490
looks fine.
>>
>>18146683
It's clean in the photo

>>18146706
Thank you. I guess I'll send it to the guy now.

Thank you for all your feedback. Much appreciated.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.