[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CSGO is destroying my life. I just can't stop playing it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: csgo.jpg (25KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
csgo.jpg
25KB, 460x215px
CSGO is destroying my life. I just can't stop playing it

I played 60 hours in the last 2 weeks.

What should I do? Can video games really be addictive? I've tried to stop multiple times, but I always seem to regress back to constantly playing.

Anybody deal with excessive video game playing?
>>
>>18145007

I did up until about 22 or so. Close to 25 now. I still play a fair amount of games - I'd say 20-30 hours a week depending on my work schedule, most of which are in cs:go as well lol.
>>
>>18145007
>Turn off computer

Quite simple
>>
>>18145038
>haha just turn off the computer
Obviously you don't get how compulsions work.

Anyway, Gaming (or doing anything, really) excessively is only really a problem if it is having measurable adverse effects on other areas of your life. I guess in order to see if it's really a problem, you'll have to expand on what you mean when you say "destroying my life."

I game a lot (way more than you), I always have, but that hasn't gotten in the way of work and personal relationships or my health.

As far as actually quitting, if that's something you want/need to do, you'll have to get that advice from someone else, but I'd probably say getting rid of your computer and getting something shitty like a netbook (like, the bare minimum, internet and word processing) would be a start.
>>
Get banned from it

Uninstall steam

Or just realize this game is utter shit, full of retards nd greedy ass devs(valve) that only care about cosmetics rather than balance and listening to the community
>>
>>18145007
Uninstall steam/ play other games

Go Pro
>>
>>18145057
>reasonable advice
>n-no! I have a legitimate diagnosable compulsion to vidya!
>I have great self control I'm just literally suffering from a psychological disorder!

It's so weird these days that having a psychological disorder is so de-stigmatized that people readily jump to having a disorder before trying to take care of things themselves.
>>
>>18145129
The person you're quoting and OP are not the same person. I said that thing to you about compulsions, and then start talking about the OP.
>>
>>18145057
I've played from 2pm-2am skipping class

granted my grades are good (3.8 GPA) but it's still not a great practice

I've not gone out to socialize because I wanted to play CSGO

regularly stayed up to 6am playing over the break

I can still get good grades, but my health and social life are undoubtedly suffering
>>
>>18145129
My self control tends to fluctuate, but rn it's at an all-time low.

Not saying it's a disorder, but I'm starting to worry it's having a big negative effect on me.
>>
>>18145140
I'd see if your school has a student mental health services you can talk to (or just go to like, a psychologist/therapist outside of your school, but if your on campus your school is probably way easier to use). They'll be able to help you out. You have issues that I never really experienced when gaming.
>>
File: 0039_Sniper_Pepe..jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
0039_Sniper_Pepe..jpg
9KB, 200x200px
Start a twitch and only play when it's on your streaming schedule. Then manage that schedule.

You play, maybe make money and manage your time. Winwinwin
>>
File: ClosedCat_02.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ClosedCat_02.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>18145140

Get a book and a pen and write down a time log. When you begin an activity, write down the time and what you're doing.

You can also try writing goals (e.g. tapering off play time weekly).

When I played video games a big factor was interacting with people. The people I played with became my social group and this motivated me to play more. You could find things to do in school. Sports or anything physical can be addicting after you do it for a while.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.