[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is my text game so trash? Like, this text makes me think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: most recent.jpg (167KB, 432x768px) Image search: [Google]
most recent.jpg
167KB, 432x768px
Why is my text game so trash?

Like, this text makes me think she's uninterested. I'm not crazy right? Should I even bother responding to this?

context: we hooked up a bit Saturday night

more trash texts incoming
>>
>>18144657

if text is a 'game' then we'd need to see more than just the last few tets to see what you did wrong.

that being said, stop operating under the assumption that girls can be won. in most cases a woman already knows what she wants from you. she doesnt sit around thinking 'WOW ILL TOTALLY REWARD ANON WITH SEX SO LONG AS HIS TEXT GAME IS ON POINT.'
>>
Okay so first, using "lit" is any sentence is fucking moronic.

Then it sounds like if you had a short hangout she was just getting rid of you, especially with the "aww you're pretty sweet [as a best friends]"
>>
Every time one of you fags posts your texts with a girl I cringe. Why don't you just talk like a normal fucking person
>>
File: 1487564201876.gif (1009KB, 320x212px) Image search: [Google]
1487564201876.gif
1009KB, 320x212px
>>18144657
>Lmaoo it's ok we were both pretty lit
>>
>>18144657
>7 min
>didnt continue conversation
>kys
>should have made a good comeback to make fun of the last message, just in case

As a side note, im triggered by reversed smiley face that grills use
>>
File: SS3.jpg (110KB, 432x768px) Image search: [Google]
SS3.jpg
110KB, 432x768px
>>18144657
this is from saturday night, after I left
>>
>>18144659
This this this
>>
File: 1488956785116.png (163KB, 382x452px) Image search: [Google]
1488956785116.png
163KB, 382x452px
>>18144673
>"That's a month away tho"
>>
File: SS12.jpg (181KB, 432x768px) Image search: [Google]
SS12.jpg
181KB, 432x768px
more from saturday

>>18144661
well she had to leave the city the next morning pretty early so couldn't come back to my place, or at least that's the story she told me

>>18144659
No I know, I just feel like I'm okay with talking to chicks In real life, but I can't text worth shit in order to keep them interested I guess

>>18144668
what should I have said? I'm bad with text bantz

>>18144684
pls explain what I should have said, I have a terrible case of the autism
>>
>>18144673
N E E D Y

jesus christ, tone it down a bit will ya?

Stop with the 'you better'(s) and the 'can I'(s). You are giving her the power, and so losing her interest inadvertently.

The text game should always be the uphill battle for her; give her short replies in the context of what she is saying and let her do the work (if it breaks down, let it, it betrays any feigned interest so easily).

Always play it like you've got a hundred chicks on the go. Distant texts that demonstrate value are the goal.

And for the record, fuck texting, it's a fool's game.
>>
>>18144686

again, girls dont sit around thinking 'WOW I WOULD HAVE TOTALLY FUGGED ANON AND SUGGED HIS DICK BUT HIS TEXT GAME IS JUST SO LAME, LOL, WHY CANT HE READ MY MIND AND SOMEHOW STILL SURPRISE ME ALL AT THE SAME TIME? NO SEX FOR HIM!'
>>
>>18144688
so what should I say in response to the text in OP? "awe you're so sweet" wtf should I respond to that?
>>
Also I guess I should mention I recently got out of a 3.5 year long relationship so at the very least I'm aware my game is shit
>>
>>18144699
Two paths:

Agree and escalate e.g. "Couldn't agree more, you sound like you wanna get down and dirty already" (I'm not thinking these through, say it and let it be said, don't agonise over it)

Or, dismiss and insult. LIGHTLY. e.g. "eww, evaluate your tastes girl, I don't roll with 'cute'"

The latter is dangerous over text, I've had it crash and burn a lot. This one chick would always leave me on read every single time I said something like that.
>>
>>18144709
both sound like awful options seriously
>>
>>18144709
Both complete shit answers, dont listen to this man.
>>
>>18144699
>>18144657
>"No worries...Already looking forward to seeing you again ;)"
>"Awe you're so sweet"
>At this point you should have realized that you came off as too forward for the state of your relationship. Then try to counter balance that:
>"I mean looking forward to get lit again ;D"

This is just a shitty example, anon. Don't worry about it. But try to not be so clingy for now. Or ever. Youre doing good though. Best of luck.
>>
>>18144715
(if this is OP)

Doesn't matter what you say, you're saying something that's not clingy.

If this girl has any attraction for you, she's not getting wet over what you're saying (smooth talking doesn't exist over text, get that out of your head).

Much like >>18144692 said, she's already decided what she wants to do with you, the only things that change that are crippling autism or inactivity.
>>
>>18144716
>>18144717
got something better? I was thinking "haha you just don't know me that well" or something similar to that?

or alternatively don't respond and wait til tomorrow to see if she initiates?

>>18144719
>(smooth talking doesn't exist over text, get that out of your head)
I'm sorry but this is just incorrect
>>
>>18144716
I don't care, I'm giving OP a cure for his clinginess.

Learn the hard way through 'shitty' replies or stay clingy forever, his call.

Don't dismiss people's advice on an anonymous board if you're not prepared to refute it with evidence.
>>
>>18144657
Just don't come out as overly clingy and you'll be fine, she seems to like you, so don't get too worried about your "game"
>>
>>18144728
do my texts really come off as clingy?
>>
>>18144725
Mmm, because what's in her head is totally NOT the last impression she had of you, right?

Put 2 and 2 together, she can't see you, she can see words on a screen. Ergo she is remembering the last time she saw you.
>>
OP, I know a good method for you. Dont think too much about this shit, but everytime you text or plan to say something irl, always first ask yourself:
>"Can this be taken as clingy?"
If the answer is 'no' then you can go with that.

I dont know if you will get this grill, but at least it will help your dating game in general.
>>
File: 1489216672787.jpg (72KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1489216672787.jpg
72KB, 482x427px
I think at this point, 40 minutes after her "so sweet" text I just need to drop it and not respond and wait to see if she reinitiates conversation

good idea or bad idea?
>>
>>18144735
What is 'clingy' in one man's (or girl's) eyes is 'smooth' in another's.

This is the same reason why my (>>18144709) advice is coming across as shit for some of these kids, but could be a gold mine to someone who's down on their luck.

Texting is the most subjective thing of the decade, I find it insufferable because it's so 'in the moment'.

You ever cringed when you read something out of context?
>>
>>18144657
Dude that made me facepalm and chuckle. You shot yourself in the dick.

Be rude and flirty. Not nice and flirty. And dont give her too much attention. These are BASIC rules.
>>
>>18144751

Dont give up, champ. Im this anon >>18144717 and Id like you to send her a variation of my sms now:
>"Well, am I sweeter lit or sober ;D"

(psst, maybe you can find a better word than lit)

(do it, faggot OP)

(Im sirius)
>>
File: 45f.jpg (104KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
45f.jpg
104KB, 800x800px
>>18144770
>"Well, am I sweeter lit or sober ;D"
I might be shit at texting but even I know that that is a horrible text to send to anyone, let alone a chick your interested in

>>18144766
I know man, looking at it made me cringe

where do you think I should go now? current plan is >>18144751

reading my texts make me wanna commit seppuku tbqh
>>
File: 1439505102986.jpg (43KB, 613x450px) Image search: [Google]
1439505102986.jpg
43KB, 613x450px
>>18144770

It's the same in every 'halp with txet gam thread'. This here contradicts a lot of what has been said here already, it even contradicts >>18144766 .

Your variation is giving her power of choice, a dangerous thing that'll only net you another short uninvested reply.

There's no consensus on what can be done OP, just remember the basic rules some of the anons have laid down here and craft your own way to her pants.
>>
>>18144774
To be fair it was already cringy to being with
>>
>>18144774
>I might be shit at texting bu...
No, youre shit, so you dont know better. Send my text or suffer the wait.
>>
>>18144781
You're coming across as a unenlightened nobody as well, worse than OP.

Read your text again and think about a situation or two where OP could be made out to be a fucking creep by sending that.
>>
>>18144725
>got something better?

It's extremely subjective really, would decide what to reply based on actually knowing her and what she'd respond to. Basing a reply on the 10 lines of text we know of her, its all going to be shit. I wouldnt even go as far as to say clingy is bad in all cases, some girls respond really well to clingy shit as long as its well timed. If you make fun of her most of the time jokingly and throw in some honest compliment, it will mean all the more.

But every single time a girl calls you cute or sweet you need to dismiss it jokingly in some way and then change the subject.

>awe you're so sweet
>well, they say its the better option for catching flies, and you know how I feel about fly-catching
>>
>>18144657
>thanks for makeing your way alone to meet me

Yea u better be thanking me woman. Lol

>yea definately srry ):

Dont text her back.
>>
>>18144785
I actually read all of the SMS that OP provided, so I have a grasp of what this girl might be like. And I deduced that she might find it funny. But I guess we'll never know, because OP wont dare to use it and deliver results.
>>
>>18144794
no she wouldn't find it funny, she'd look at it and think "what does this bullshit even mean" and probably respond something like "umm...sober..? lol..?" and literally never view OP as a potential sexual partner again
>>
>>18144794
...Continued

Id like to add that the grill said
>"I like you lots"
>"Ur perfect for me holy"
>"Dude you're mine"

At certain point you can use these high risk bullets, in moderation.
>>
>>18144794
You can see how texting can lead you to make deductions about girls you've never met, which makes me think even Tinder is insufferable.

I may be a stubborn cunt, but I'll never change my game that I've used in >>18144709 . Consistency in your 'game' is better than trying to change it every time.

I think we've ripped the everloving shit out of OP, and we'll be lucky if he ever texts again...
>>
>>18144786
Rereading my texts, I can definitely see how they might come off as clingy...but look at some of the texts she sent here >>18144673 and >>18144686

Now granted, we were drunk during those exchanges but still, those made me think she might respond well to a small amount of clinginess, but after I sent >>18144657 and she just responded with "you're so sweet" which to me sounds like "that was a nice thing to say but I don't know how to respond to it because it's also kind of weird"

idk, it's been an hour at this point with no response from me anyway, so I probably can't respond to that text at all now without it coming off as weird, or like I fretted over what to send her for an hour
>>
>>18144812
I see your game as valid. The second option might be something that needs a sense of humor in the conversation, so they don't take it literally.
>>
>>18144817
What if you just took a 1 hour shit and then checked your phone? Or does the grill see when you saw the message? Send her something that nullifies her awwwww message
>>
>>18144774
Definately go that route. But i assure you this she has already categorized you negitively as far as interest goes. You might get a text but it will only be her trying to see if your still drooling over her for her own self validation. You gave her too much fluffy attention. Huge turn off for girls.
>>
>>18144657
Text game is worthless dude
It's all about persuasion
(Reads this as the voice of Dilbert man)
>>
>>18144824
>What if you just took a 1 hour shit and then checked your phone? Or does the grill see when you saw the message?
Viable, but who doesn't take a shit with their phone? and no she doesn't see when I saw the message

>Send her something that nullifies her awwwww message

I feel like if I do respond the only option I have is a complete topic change like
>"holy shit I have so many assignments due this week but I can't stop procrastinating"

but again, it feels weird to just shift the convo like that

>>18144827
>You gave her too much fluffy attention. Huge turn off for girls.

I completely agree and see my mistake there, but check out the texts here >>18144673 and >>18144686 like those are pretty "fluffy" as well
>>
>>18144770
This shit only works if shes clearly still interested. He has already hindered her "view/interest" of him. So saying a variation of that at this point will only be interpreted as beta/creepy and met with a "eww" response in her head.

Had her view of him not been damaged yet, it would have been met with a "what a dork, hes soo cute" thought response.
>>
>>18144871
Be honest with us, is this the only girl you're speaking to right now?

Exposure to multiple kinds of women kills clinginess.
>>
>>18144871
Ok, anon. See how it goes not answering her. When she inevitably texts back, try to keep at her level of "fluffy". You doing good, champ. Dont give up. I wasnt giving you ultimatums with my messages, just see if you really wanna send nothing. I support your choice and gl for April...
>>
>>18144883
yeah, as I mentioned earlier in the thread I got out of a 3.5 year long relationship not too long ago so I'm essentially just trying to get my wheels running again, you know?

Only reason I'm really stressing about this chick is because we bonded over something pretty unique but realistically if I lose out on her it's not the end of the world
>>
>>18144817
She baited you man and you bit down hard. Girls like the "chase". Once she knows that you really want her, then essentially shes "caught" you and the chase is over. She loses interest at break neck speed and will find somone else to "chase". This is the truth hombre. The funny thing is most girls dont even realize they work this way.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.