[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what are you supposed to do when your shrink is a good-for-nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1792.png (204KB, 540x404px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1792.png
204KB, 540x404px
So what are you supposed to do when your shrink is a good-for-nothing moron, you're too much of a hard sell to get into a worthwhile relationship, your friends or family don't have the resources to emotionally support you and you don't have what it takes to look after a pet?
>>
>>18144078
you switch shrinks
>>
>>18144081
How do I do that?

The last time I tried they told me I had the option to stick to the bitch I was working with or just quit going altogether.

I quit going and attempted suicide a year later.

This is a different one, just as incompetent as the first one.
>>
>>18144078
Consider the absurd possibility, however remote it seems, that your shrink might be making sense and your illness is making you reject it.
>>
>>18144097
He insists that my inability to endure sex in any fathomable way - to the point that I sometimes start crying just because I remember that penetrative sex exists and it's the price I would have to pay in order to have a romantic relationship - is a 100% physical problem and he won't hear a word about it before I've got a physical doctor's proof that my genitals are normative.
>>
>>18144088

by calling up different shrinks, asking if they take your insurance, than making an appointment.

who is this 'they' that that told you to stick with the one you got.
>>
>>18144103

well hes right about half of that. unless you want to go asexual but you have to understand that the dating options for that are few and far between.

everyone has their burdens. men want sex but have to work extra hard to get it. you want romance but not sex. the more limits you impose on yourself, the more difficult it is.

im not saying you should cave in, but you should accept the possibility that you wont date much,
>>
>>18144103
So what you're saying is that he says "Let's make sure there isn't a simple physical problem before we try fixing it psychologically."

That sounds remarkably sensible. Why do you resist it so much?
>>
>>18144103
You won't help yourself, how can you expect people outside help you???

Think for a fucking second: your shrink is trying to prove you that your genital is 100% perfect and healthy, so that you can ease your mind about it

"Boohoo shrinks are worthless", well, shrinks are a mirror in front of you so that you can see what's wrong and fix it by yourself, while he helps. They're as worthless for your healing as you make them be.
>>
>>18144134
The heath care providers.

Free health care, different systems.

>>18144140
Nah, there's more to it. I'm transgender and gay too.

I'll die alone, just trying to understand how to make it hurt less.
>>
>>18144250

independence mostly.
>>
>>18144145
Well, the anxiety about it isn't imaginary. It could be treated if he tried.
>>
>>18144078
>your shrink is a good-for-nothing moron
Get a new shrink
You said you've gotten a new one and it's the same problem. Either you're the problem or them and it's leaning more towards you, but seek out a third opinion to confirm it.

>you're too much of a hard sell to get into a worthwhile relationship
You need to make yourself less of a hard sell. This is 100% on you.

>your friends or family don't have the resources to emotionally support you

Support yourself.

>you don't have what it takes to look after a pet
Why does this matter? Don't get a pet if you can't look after it.
>>
>>18144342
I'm trans, gay and hate sex more than anything. How do I improve that?
>>
>>18144397
Work out, make money, dress better, learn social skills.
>>
>>18144450
I do all of that.

I'm hygienic, I lift weights, I make the most money of everyone I know, I'm good with people, I can't say I'm good-looking but I'm not deformed and straight guys try to fuck me sometimes, and all I fucking want to know is the least painful method of handling alcoholism and dying alone.
>>
>>18144078
Can somebody please tell me what
>shrink

1. verb: to decrease in size
2. a psychiatrist or mental doctor

means?
And what does this
>>18144088
mean?
>>
>>18144496
The first psychological professional I got was a psychiatric nurse. The stupidest woman I have ever met. I requested a *REAL* professional and my request was denied.

Years later, I was *finally* given a real professional, a psychologist!

He is just as fucking stupid.
>>
>>18144504
Thanks for explanation. Never seen such word in such use.

How could you even tell that your psychologist is bad when you are the one seeking his help? It is like when crazy person tells you you are crazy.

And you sound to me like a little bitch OP. You havent even bothered to make proper thread about your problems and why didnt you manage to solve them.
>>
>>18144530
Well, I've been to a mental ward twice, on three different kinds of mental medication, I've self-harmed and I probably have an alcohol problem and I have crippling anxiety concerning sexuality because I don't want anything more than to be in a healthy, happy relationship, but in order to make it happen, I'd have to submit to sex.

My psychologist - who does not listen to me and regularly interrupts me during sessions - thinks I'm fine. Because he doesn't listen. 90% of the time I'll say a word, he'll ramble on for 14 minutes, I chime in, he rambles on.

My problem is eiter learning to live without love in a way that's tolerable, or figuring out a way to endure sex without crying.
>>
>>18144549
I think you are in no position to bitch about your psychologist.

>alcoholic
>self harm
>crippling anxiety
>tried to suicide
>problem with sex
>gay + trans combo (originally female?)

Do i get this right? Is this all or do you have more surprises?
>>
>>18144582
I think that's all.

He's doing nothing to treat any of it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.