[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is "prediabetes" a real condition or is it just a made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: no thanks guy.gif (67KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
no thanks guy.gif
67KB, 380x380px
Is "prediabetes" a real condition or is it just a made up term to scare people into paying attention to their health?
>>
>>18142967
Yes it's real.
>just to scare people into paying attention to their health

You're a special kind of stupid, are you anti-vax too?
>>
Prediabetes is a real thing. Does it mean you're going to get diabetes for sure? Nah.

Like you said, mostly a thing to scare people into taking better care of themselves.
>>
>>18143005
my next question is, if someone with "pre-diabetes" starts taking care of themselves, will they still be "pre-diabetic" for the rest of their life (i.e. pre-diabetes is under control) or is it a condition that can be cured?
>>
>>18143017

No. prediabetes is just a higher than average blood glucose level. You can assuredly reverse a prediabetic condition.
>>
>>18143023
That makes me feel better.
I looked up my blood lab test results for the Hemoglobin A1C on my kaiser member profile page.
My A1C value is 5.8% - The standard healthy range is between 4.8 to 5.6 %.
Full blown Type 2 diabetes is 6.5% or higher.
That was a wake up call. I'm still scared, but that's my own fault.
>>
>>18143030

Yeah it can be a scary situation for many, but unfortunately many continue their unhealthy lifestyles.

All I can say is while developing good physical fitness habits is key, you need to focus on your nutrition as well. If you don't mind me asking, what's your usual day like in terms of meals?
>>
>>18143046
I used to eat like a pig last year, but i started shying away from garbage.

two waffles with butter (no milk)

lunch was sometimes a hot dog, or a sandwich of slice oven roasted turkey slices (from costco) or columbus brand Rotisserie sliced chicken breast (also from costco)

Dinner I would switch between subway (chicken breast footlong with spinach, cilanto, and chipotle sauce), flame broiler chicken bowl, or leftover dinners. I work a swing shift job as data entry (sitting on my ass for 8 hours).

Still, i need to get my act together and start eating out a lot less.
>>
>>18143076

Not actually too bad diet-wise then compared to some patients from my work. I see however you do data entry.

Honestly anon it seems you just need to be a little more active. I know, easier said than done. Keep in mind, human's niche in nature is being able to outrun our prey. Our bodies don't like inactivity!

It might be hard at first if you're not already exercising, but try 3x a week. You will feel a lot better after a while and thank yourself for it. Gym memberships can be expensive and often not necessary for the beginner. Might I suggest starting a routine called Couch to 5k? And a basic calisthenics work out maybe before you go to bed or when you wake up. Convict Conditioning is a book written by a felon who knows his shit, and is widely available for free on the internet.

Anyway anon I best get to bed it's pretty late here on the east coast. Best of luck my friend and remember, if you take care of yourself now as a younger person you will only appreciate it more and more as you age.
>>
>>18143097
yea, but like i said. My diet is more recent (as in the last 7-8 months)
throuhout 2015 and early 2016, i ate like a fatass
Ate out every day lots of soda.
I've been cutting that shit out and started lifting, but I think I should do cardio too when i'm on rest days from lifting.
>>
>>18143076
>responds to the only guy that says no. >ofc
Learn how to cook for yourself, gain self control and look into nutrition there is a reason why your doctor gave you that diagnosis.
>>
>>18143103

I lied. I'm still lurking 4chan.

I used to think cardio was pointless and exclusively lift. I would seriously recommend at least some cardio simply for health reasons.

Keep with the better eating and perhaps consider a caloric deficit for a little while. Sometimes a little weight loss does a world's difference for pre-diabetics.

And also, your AC1 is definitely in the higher range of normality but everyone's different. If you haven't already, bring up your concerns with your physician. I don't have access to nearly enough information on you to be of true assistance, but your physician should be able to help you a bunch.

Now I'm SERIOUSLY going to bed. Wishing you good health my friend.
>>
>>18143138
Thank you, i appreciate it.

>>18143117
I don't get your greentext, but I will look into nutrition, thanks.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.