[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to combat narcolepsy without medication? I never can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: shit.jpg (40KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
40KB, 500x281px
How to combat narcolepsy without medication?
I never can't wake up, no matter what, I had this problem since childhood, and it's only gotten worse after puberty.
I don't experience cataplexy nor I nod off during daytime, but I have a big problem with waking up, have issues with REM sleep, and am always tired and lethargic.
Also caffeine and high protein foods don't help.
What should I do?
>>
>>18142433
So loud noises don't wake you up at all? Are you like virtually comatose when you sleep or something?
>>
>>18142442
Practically. When I was a kid I fell from a bunk bed and didn't wake up, and few years ago, back in high school, my friend tried to wake me up by dragging me out of bed and on the floor, I just proceeded to kick him in the head, he left, and I just went to sleep, there, on the floor, but I actually woke up in my bed, later that day.
>>
Oh, yeah, sometimes I can't fall asleep, actually, normally it takes me an hour, when I was a kid it took me two hours. So I really don't know if it's narcolepsy, insomnia, or something else.
>>
I experience lucid dreams, sleep paralysis, and exploding head syndrome. And when I go to sleep I have a musical overture to dreams.
>>
File: 12509509590.png (208KB, 576x332px) Image search: [Google]
12509509590.png
208KB, 576x332px
Hijacking this thread...

Sometimes when I have alarm set and dont really have to go anywhere, even though I want to, I get back to sleep and sleep at least 2 more hours. I've noticed that if Im having dreams, this happens more. How to fight this?
>>
>>18142548
Guess we're fucked.
>>
I've sort of had issues sleeping, too.

Getting to sleep usually isn't too bad. Takes about 30 minutes to an hour.

Waking up....
I don't usually feel rested, so when I do regain consciousness, I kind of just lay in bed drifting between consciousness and unconsciousness endlessly until I begin to feel physically ill like I'm about to vomit.

Fairly heavy sleeper, I can sleep through pretty much anything.
>>
>>18142750
OP here, I know how you feel, worst thing is when you are out of bed and experience unexplainable stomach pain during the whole day.
>>
>>18143524
I don't really have any pain, just nausea. Sometimes eating helps, sometimes it just exacerbates it, so I usually don't eat until late in the evening when I know I won't have to do anything physically demanding.
>>
>>18143527
Maybe you're lactose intolerant, or can't eat anything with yeast. I found out that I was allergic to yeast, lactose and chili when I was 20.
>>
>>18143530
Oh, yeah, and starch too.
>>
>>18143530
>>18143531
And because of this, I most likely have impaired glucose tolerance, which can lead to diabetes.
>>
>>18143530
>>18143531
>>18143536

Shit dude, that sucks.

Lactose intolerance, yeah. Started when I was about 14 or so. Up until that point, I'd drink up to 6 liters a week. Tolerance dropped down to practically nothing, and through sheer will, I've sort of built it back up to the point where I can drink about a liter without having too many issues.

I cannot handle eggs, eggnog, deep fried food, and cheese.

Mostly fatty things. Could potentially be indicative of a gall bladder problem, I suppose.

Improving my diet would probably help.
>>
>>18143551
Yes, it definitely would help, try avoiding carbohydrates and fructose, too.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.