[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which should I chose and why? Royal air force Royal marines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: UNKG4001.gif (15KB, 430x260px) Image search: [Google]
UNKG4001.gif
15KB, 430x260px
Which should I chose and why?

Royal air force

Royal marines

Royal army

I am an active person, I like being out doors and I like to be doing things. I'm not anti social, perhaps a little timid or shy, but definitely don't fear away from conversation.

I don't want to work a normal 9 - 5 job, I definitely WANT to travel, I definitely want to go places, experience life. I hate the idea of working a dead end office job, or construction job, or engineering job e.t.c
I want something exciting and risky. I don't particularly mind putting myself at risk.

I'm dead set on enlisting, I'm just not entirely sure on which branch to choose.

I apologise for an extremely generic description of myself, I'm not entirely sure how personal I need to be to give good context to help make this decision.

My downsides:
I definitely don't like being told what to do, I'll do it sure, but I end up hating it. I much prefer to be treated like an adult, as well as have the freedom to do things on my own accord, the freedom to be left alone to get on with it.

I kinda want a role where I have gym access, weight lifting has been my hobby of choice since I was 14 and I'd hate to give it up completely.

I'd love to hear any past experiences you may have. I might not be able to reply to them all, however I will read every single post.
>>
>I hate the idea of working a dead end office job, or construction job, or engineering job

Firstly, how is construction or engineering dead end? You know the Army is on a big recruitment drive for engineers, going so far as to boost starting salaries for engi grads? The engineers in the Army probably have the best jobs, blowing shit up and building crap, fucking around with big vehicles all day while not being at too much risk.

>I want something exciting and risky

Nothing really risky anymore unless a new war starts which no sensible person, soldier or not, would wish for.
Marines can lead into special forces but that's another level completely and not worth talking about before you are even in the military.

>I kinda want a role where I have gym access

Come on dude, read the websites at least, they stress that soldiers in all branches have wide access to sporting facilities, especially gyms. How do you think they expect the men to stay fit?

>I definitely don't like being told what to do

lol. You might want to fix that before you go into an un-voidable 4 year contract where you will be bossed around all day.

>I much prefer to be treated like an adult

They will only treat you like an adult if you actually are one. Most people that join the military are kids, who barely know how to make their bed, never mind act like a responsible adult. You probably won't be treated with great respect unless you earn it.

I suggest you go to the army, navy, and RAF websites and look through the Role Finders to narrow done certain jobs that you would enjoy doing. We can't read your mind but you can definitely read a website full of information for prospective soldiers. Generally, your experience in either branch will be similar, with the obvious differences (army = land, RAF = aircraft, navy = water)
>>
>>18142224
>I definitely don't like being told what to do, I'll do it sure, but I end up hating it. I much prefer to be treated like an adult, as well as have the freedom to do things on my own accord, the freedom to be left alone to get on with it.
LOL you're going to have to get over that if you want to be in the military. I'm a US Marine and I can assure you your 4 years will be filled entirely by being treated like a retarded child because one guy in your battalion is a retarded child and being told to do stuff you don't want to do
>>
There's no Royal Army, it's the British Army.

Haven't even mentioned the Navy. Not an option?
>>
>>18142287
>, I definitely WANT to travel, I definitely want to go places, experience life. I hate the idea of working a dead end office job, or construction job, or engineering job e.t.c
>I want something exciting and risky. I don't particularly mind putting myself at risk.
>I'm dead set on enlisting, I'm just not entirely sure on which branch to choose.

^great response, but personally i wouldn't of bothered

you haven't specified any interests, you know they do more than being a pilot or running around with a gun right?

BTW being an engineer can take you all around the world
>>
RAF.
>>
Good luck being used as a weapon by the interest of a small ruling elite
>>
>ITT I get put in my place
As expected lmao

>>18142287
Apologies, I didn't mean all those careers are dead end, just the typical office job.
I'm aware about engineering and the benefits it has to civvy life, a friend of mine has gone down that road and strongly recommended it to me. I'm just not sure if I can see myself in that position. I'm not sure.
I'll definitely look more into it, because that does sound good.

I guess I meant risky as in dangerous work, like people who work on pylons, or people who free climb 2000metre towers to change an antenna or something. That kind of risk.

I did read the website, information from a friend lead me to believe that's not always the case. Just confusion on my part.

From the website on the royal air force it makes it seem as if you have a lot of freedom, the guy talks about doing everything on his accord and said he was respected and treated like an adult.
Granted you make a fair point, and its likely due to having earned respect. I understand.

I've been looking, even went to the recruiters office and talked to them. I'm gather all the opinions I can get at the moment.

>>18142308
Welp

>>18142392
I apologise, I'm tired and meant royal navy and British army.

>>18142395
How often do engineers travel? Why do they? I'm not familiar.

I understand there's more to it, its early stages for me and I'm learning.

>>18142424
Thank you
>>
>>18142224
I'm enlisting how in the (C)RAF.

Sounds like you want Army infantry but you won't admit it to yourself.
You want to be on the ground and shoot some Haji and be shot at

Lots of way to do that.
Talk to a recruiter.
That is literally their job
>>
>>18142441
Yeah I do want to be army infantry but the pay just turns me south. Perhaps there's a middle ground somewhere.
>>
>>18142444
There are some alternatives
Lots of trades in the Army
Infantry is pretty low. What about armoured? Or scout?
Talk to your recruiter about Army options. More than one way to shoot a Haji

But remember that pretty much all trades have upward growth and being posted to an actual combat zone has bonuses, even if the base pay is low
>>
Well, I'm in the Royal Navy, been in nearly 10 years now. Spent some good times sailing round the world, getting shiters and smashing women. Wouldn't do it any other way.
>>
>>18142466
What's your trade, bro?
>>
>>18142452
I'll ask. I'm definitely interested in the positions with higher paying roles right off the bat however as I don't think I'll serve longer than minimum service. I'm not entirely sure.
I want to save as much as possible and use the money for further education and housing.

>>18142466
Sounds pretty damn cool. Can you tell me more what its like? (Specifically the women)
>>
>>18142476
>use the money for further education
I don't know about the British military, for the Canadian one, you can have the military pay for education if you serve a few years
>>
>>18142483
As far as I understand it they pay if its relevant to your role (such as engineer or nurse)
>>
>>18142490
Yeah, but that can be broad as hell

What degree do you have in mind that can't be of military usefulness?
>>
>>18142491
But I'd have to apply for that role, and I'm not entirely sure if I want to be an engineer or nurse e.t.c

The role that interests me most so far is weapon systems operator in the RAF. That sparked my interest the most.
>>
>>18142497
Talk your recruiter and ask for a chart that says what degree offers you want position

Then if you see a position you want, you can have them pay your tuition until you have a degree eligible for that role.
>>
>>18142224
>I definitely don't like being told what to do, I'll do it sure, but I end up hating it. I much prefer to be treated like an adult, as well as have the freedom to do things on my own accord, the freedom to be left alone to get on with it.

You're gonna have a real bad time so
You'll have to put your brain on off mode and be prepared to do retarded senseless things, don't sleep more than 4 hours per nights and not having time for yourself, not even thinking.
I lasted two weeks and then ragequitted (said to the psychiatric guy I couldn't take it anymore and got kicked)

Also, the only reason I enrolled was because I wanted my boat license and so doing these 4 months were not useless. But fuck that was so lame
>>
>>18143629
No need to say I don't like army concept at first
If you really are motivated it can be a cool experience and you'll meet good people (and fire guns)
>>
File: 1451373385567.jpg (10KB, 346x466px) Image search: [Google]
1451373385567.jpg
10KB, 346x466px
You're not marching off to kill people, it's working welfare. Sorry.
Air Forces typically have decent food and decent job prospects once they toss you out provided you're not completely retarded so I'd consider that. In the meantime take up camping or something.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.