[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best health insurance options? American anon here. Was laid off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: PH4ihky.jpg (93KB, 749x787px) Image search: [Google]
PH4ihky.jpg
93KB, 749x787px
Best health insurance options?
American anon here. Was laid off in January and was given the option to continue my coverage through COBRA. The first month was free but the next premium payment was $750. I paid it just to get my annual doctor and dentist appointments in (which I haven't yet, because the idiot I am lost track of time just looking for a new job). I need to pay the next premium by the end of this month, but since $750 is pricey, I'm debating if I should just stay with COBRA or look for a new health insurance plan.

What's my best option? Should I go for a low-premium plan or low-deductible plan?
I should also mention I'm on birth control which I need to be refilled every 3 months. I have also thought about going to a Gastroenterologist as I've been having a lot of stomach problems lately, and I'm worried the next time I see the dentist, that I'll have to go for oral surgery to remove my wisdom teeth (I haven't gone to the dentist in almost 5 years due to losing track of time while busy at work, but my wisdom teeth have grew in and every 4 months is hurts around that area)

What should I do? What would you do? I'm hoping I'll get a new job before the end of this month so I don't have to worry about this.
>>
What's the source of your pic? I need one.
>>
>>18141914
imgur
>>
>>18141942
Dammit.

Anyways, if $750 is pricey to you then you should opt for the Low deductable instead of the HDHP.

It's the most sensible thing to do in your situation. Also, once you find a job they should offer you a healthcare plan, and explain your options to you in depth. Hopefully that helps.
>>
>>18141985
$750 is pricey, but if it's considered the better option then I'll pay the premium for next month. it's actually around $788 including dental and vision.

I just wanted to know if there were better alternatives out there.
>>
>>18142187
For example, Empire Blue Cross Blue Sheild's lowest monthly plan is $260 a month, but the annual deductible is around $7150

The most expensive plan is paying around $800 a month but no annual deductible.
>>
>>18142241
Scratch that, highest monthly plan is $900 a month
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.