[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I get upset when my boyfriend wants to spend the weekend alone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

I get upset when my boyfriend wants to spend the weekend alone (and thus not see me for almost two weeks), even when he has legitimate reasons for wanting to do so, like his intense depression. How do I stop getting upset when this happens?
>>
>>18141629
get a bf with no mental illness
>>
>>18141629
Because you should realize even if he spend the weekend alone, he still loves you. Depression can be shitty too, put yourself in his shoes.
>>
>>18141629
Stop taking everything personal
>>
Look, get over yourself, go out with friends or stay in and binge watch TV or something. Just because he doesn't spend time with you all the time doesn't mean he doesn't love you. Clingyness and guilt tripping are sure fire ways to strain a relationship.
>>
>>18141732
You're right. I realized that I have been doing that - guilt tripping that is. I wasn't doing it consciously, I was just really sad and taking it personally. I do have plans of hanging out with friends next time he wants to be alone.
>>
>>18141748
Do this. When with my ex, she wanted to spend every night with me but at times I just wanted to be alone due to depression creeping back in. She took it as I didn't love or care for her which just caused me to push her away more. If she just said "I understand and if you need me just tell me" it would've been fine
>>
>>18142107
What about depression makes you want to spend time alone?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.