[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Currently wondering if I should pursue this 6-months relationship.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: cat.jpg (257KB, 580x773px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
257KB, 580x773px
Currently wondering if I should pursue this 6-months relationship.

I think the main issue is that there was was no big spark. From the get go, I was interested in her personality and not really physically. However it turned out that we had much less in common than I thought. I think that's why I still don't feel "in love" after 6 months, because I can't share my life yet.

On the other hand, she's extremely willing to talk about all this with a calm mind, and work on this. She has already shown to do a lot, and started picking up an interest (or more exactly getting more interested than she was) in what I do over the last few months, and we've started honestly sharing a few things.

On paper, she has everything I'm looking for except what we've been working on. So I think I should fall in love if I invest myself more in the relationship too. But she's (rightly) getting impatient and asking me to be more involved too if I wish for this to go on.

What should I do /adv/?
>>
How is she sexually?
>>
>>18140855
Very good, and she initiates a lot.
>>
>>18140861
You're nuts. Perfection is a Hollywood illusion. You're insecure about your position and projecting that onto your relationship
>>
>>18140899
What do you mean? I never talked about perfection? What position?
>>
>>18140837
Rate her physically. Relationships where you just like their "personality" and not much about them physically are just as disastrous as ones based off the opposite.
>>
>>18140902
Your position in the world. You're in a great relationship and that fact is causing you to look at the world differently. This person you care about is changing the way you see your future. You see it with her, making decisions together. The last time something this significant happened in your life was when you left home. So you're seeing all these imperfections that realistically you don't care about, but you're blowing them out 9f proportion instead of saying, this is a person and she's imperfect.
>>
>>18140906
Maybe 6/10. She has a very cute face and demeanor, but she's overweight.
>>
>>18140912
We're absolutely not at a point where we're planning a future or making any kind of decisions, and I'm pretty satisfied with my life otherwise. I've live on my own for quite a while and I've had other relationships, one in particular where I was really in love (and it was far from being perfect). I don't think it's related to my world view.
>>
Last bump before I need to give her my answer
>>
>>18140837

So here are my feels, OP...

When you first meet somebody and start dating, you should have nothing but infatuation for them. Every little thing they do should enamour you and in most cases, you should want to fuck them and hug them almost 24/7.

Their ideas and opinions should interest you and you should crave time with them.

Over time, when you learn more about them, you will probably start noticing things you don't like about them - but by that point you will love them so much that they seem irrelevant.

You clearly have issues finding this person attractive, meaning the attraction isn't there. If the spark isn't there in the beginning, you have a pretty much zero chance of this working out in the long term. The fact you're talking about "making things work" six months into a relationship is a huge red flag and if I were you, I'd bail now before you get too far in.

This is coming from someone who did an identical thing and wasted six years of my life. Please don't do it. If it's not there in the beginning it will only get worse.
>>
>>18141107

To add to this - think about the intensity you felt when you dated the person you said you were in love with. You're obviously capable of feeling this strongly about another person, just not your current girlfriend.

You will never be able to force the feeling of love. It's an unavoidable thing that you feel when you meet a person who compliments you.

You "work" on ten year relationships that have dealt with a lot of lifes stresses. You don't work on something a few months old unless it was never working to begin with

Never, ever settle.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.