[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do become more social if I don't know anything about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1.jpg (110KB, 1300x1094px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
110KB, 1300x1094px
How do become more social if I don't know anything about tv, games , relevant music , sports or anime/cartoons , social media or much about latest tech / products? Most people I know talk about this and I never know how to respond and it kills me when they realize they're talking to the wrong person. When they're not talking about that I just can't continue a conversation. I always say things like "how are you , what are you doing (text) , or oh that's great nice. I suck at jokes. I cant make friends without boring them and having them tease me constantly about it. I also stutter and mispronounce words. How can I fix this. Thank you.
>>
Either talk about something you are knowledgeable in or become knowledgeable in something common.

Talk about food. Everyone like to talk about food they like.
Ask them questions about themselves and talk about the things you relate with them.
Find a group of people. Then you can mainly listen and just chime in from time to time.
>>
>>18140113
talk about your life and experiences, chances are you might find some common ground there. A lot of people like to talk about themselves, So if they tell you about experience ask them questions about it. Either make a comment about their experiences expressing what you think or if you relate tell them how you relate.
>>
>>18140125
Yes I'll try to become more knowledgeable thanks. AAAA food is aaaaalll most people talk about its incredibly annoying to me. I'll k do is ask questions about them but I've realized the more I do it the less they want to talk to me about mutual interest but instead about their interests. Alright , thank you so much ill try it! Have a good day
>>
>>18140135
Alright I'll give it a shot thank you!
>>
Testing
>>
>>18140113
Turn off the tv and go outside. Idiot
>>
>>18140193
Testing again

OP, you should be able to learn more about today's popular shit, try to learn a bit of that or try out the new things people like, maybe you will like it as well.
>>
File: IMG_0506.jpg (57KB, 304x475px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0506.jpg
57KB, 304x475px
>>18140113
Dale said in order to be great at conversations just show interest in the person and ask questions. People just want to talk about themselves. Dont be taken advantage of that will happen if tou become desperate for freinds. And for gods sake DONT ACT LIKE the movie cable guy with jim carry
>>
What do you actually do if you don't know anything about anything?
>>
Start by making more interesting comments after someone tells you something. It's okay to say "that's cool" and equivalent phrases sometimes -- actually most of the time -- but every now and then you will want to add an extra spin, for example stating a general principle that you know about which applies to what they said ("Yeah, X always happens when you Y because Z"), going into a story of your own ("X is so cool, it reminds me of when I/my friend or relative/famous person did Y") or a joke about X. Don't make the stories about yourself all the time or you will seem self-absorbed. And of course don't start a new story if the other person might not have finished theirs, again you will seem self-absorbed and like you only want to hear your own voice.
>>
>>18140113
Every Sunday buy a good big-city newspaper, the kind with lots of sections, and read it from cover to cover, including (or especially) the sections you're not interested in - food, sports, arts, business, everything.

This will give you at least an introduction to everything that's in the air, that people will be talking about.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.