[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, someone with social skills help me pls! Just wanted to write

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

File: superthumb.jpg (17KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
superthumb.jpg
17KB, 300x250px
Hi, someone with social skills help me pls!

Just wanted to write that I hate my 'friends' (they're a group) for their liberal/communist ideas. All the men in the group are cucked to fuck. I can't stand them. They're quite well off, go on about 'ethnic minorities' and 'feminism/wagegap' problems, activism etc. it's just all so fucking fake to me.

I don't know if I'm a bit autistic and lack social skills but sometimes they have banter on my expense and I fucking hate it. They make fun of me for not drinking, for being cheap and not spending money on stupid shit clubs/bars/restaurants. I just wish that they'd be straight, obvious, say it to my face. NON CRYPTIC! Am I overreacting?

Is making friends with a group of friends a bad idea? Am I a retarded fuckwit with 0 social skills? HELP!
>>
>>18139804
If they're a little clique, that explains all of it. That kind of politics flourishes in an environment like that, and they'll make fun of you because you're an outsider.

Some groups are welcoming to newcomers, this isn't one of them.
>>
Thank you, I thought I was going mad. I have felt this way on several social gatherings with them. I will quietly discontinue.

Thank you so much!
>>
>>18139835
>they'll make fun of you because you're an outsider.
This. It's a basic concept that humans have since our tribal years. It's best that you scurry off from that crap, especially if they are making you feel bad. For me, all my past friends really become annoyingly liberal after the election... Sometimes you just got to find "your" kind of tribe elsewhere.
>>
>>18140694
They make me feel shitty, then ask if I'm alright? It's too weird.
Anyone I become close to is a liberal who can't accept other views other than 'love and freedom for all' crap. Thank you, I will invest my time in skilful hobbies from now on.
>>
>>18139804
cut off contact and find people who you like and who respect you
>>
>>18139835
>>18140694
I think this is typical. It definitely happens.

HOWEVER, just from OP's post I think the problem might truly be him, and not these people. They could very well be making passing statements that aren't that hard hitting (when racism happens it's bad oe whatever!) and OP is boiling with rage in his little corner over it. I think it's weird as fuck you'd go out to a bar/restuarant and not get any food or drink to save money? Ok... then don't hang out with people that do that, and then complain...?

>They make fun of me for not drinking
>I just wish that they'd be straight, obvious, say it to my face. NON CRYPTIC!

So are they actually making fun of you, or are you perceiving them as such? CRYPTICCC! Honestly, you sound like the insufferable one that can't accept the views of others or take a joke meant to ease the tension undoubtedly oozing from every pore.
>>
It's normal for friends to rip on each other. Sure it can sometimes be downright bullying, but lovingly teasing people you like with their quirks or flaws is also a way to alleviate stress from it getting on your nerves sometimes (yet accepting you can't/wouldn't change them).

I mean, again, sometimes it crosses a line and you did not give concrete examples, but if you think they are giving you cryptic messages and the option that they are joking around a bit does not even cross your head you might indeed be a tad autistic.

As for the first part, you might want to look for friends you don't look down upon (unless you look down upon everyone).
>>
>>18140836
sounds like he looks down on everyone. And I find it hilarious he thinks they're intolerant of other views.... whilst being intolerant of their views. OP sounds like a real piece of shit desu
>>
>It's normal for friends to insult each other

>Modern Americans

You should all be burned alive.
>>
I will go out with them in order to spend time with them, I consider them friends.

I will take some responsibility that it could possibly be me who is maybe not so great in social situations but this happens a lot.
If there is a group jokingly taking the piss, I would like to be included. When I ask what it is about they pretend it is nothing or that I am imagining things.
>>
>>18140838
I don't think I look down on them, I am accepting of others as long as there is an obvious boundary set in place. I will not go out of my way to disrespect them. I hope the same from them?
>>
>>18140841
I'm not American. There's insulting and there's banter, teasing etc. Social interaction does not typically fall into neat little boxes. Friends do not always have to treat each other with kiddie gloves. Family doesn't either, if you like each other enough then you should have some credit and some faith/certainty that when it comes down to it, they appreciate you.

Besides, OP just highlighted this but in a healthy friendship there are many more instances where you get affirmation that they like you, to give a healthy perspective. Not to mention I don't think OP is in the position to feel hurt because they make fun of his quirks sometimes when he obviously holds no respect at all for who they are to begin with. His very opening sentence is that he hates his friends.
>>
>>18139804
Be who you are. If people don't like who you are, they're not the right people to have in your life.

Forget about those cucks.

>>18140801
>who you like and who respect you

exactly this
>>
>>18140845
Do you think it means that much that you do not disrespect them to their face when you despise them?

Would you want friends who are polite to your face then rage online about what a fucking dickbag you are with inane contrarian ideas they have to endure? Probably not. Look at yourself more critically here.
>>
>>18140852
>exactly this
>>>
> Anonymous 03/19/17(Sun)15:54:07 No.18140852 ▶
>>>18140845 (You)
>Do you think it means that much that you do not disrespect them to their face when you despise them?
>Would you want friends who are polite to your face then rage online about what a fucking dickbag you are with inane contrarian ideas they have to endure? Probably not. Look at yourself more critically here.

Thanks, will do.
>>
>>18140844
just fucking drop them, you're not going to get any better.

I personally wouldn't want some twat thinking all this stupid shit about me, and growing resentful over nothing. My dumbass would think we're actually friends, and through my obvious joking I consider you as such; but NO ONE LAUGHS AT OP EVEN IF THEY'RE ALSO SELF-DEPRICATING! Run off to your corner and talk shit about everyone and how fake they are and your PERCEIVED insults. Fucking Christ.

You're pretty much doing everything you're accusing them of in these posts.
>>
>>18140828
They are actually making fun of me.
>>
File: 1488766647194.jpg (151KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1488766647194.jpg
151KB, 960x960px
>>18140847
>I'm not American
>le bantz XD

Kill yourself, fat shit liar.
>>
>>18140844
>, I consider them friends.

You shouldn't. These guys are only making fun of you because they know you have social issues.

Walk away and don't give your time to those idiots who don't know how to respect others.
>>
>>18140859

Just needed some perspective I guess
>>
>>18140867
It's not my fault that you're too autistic or hypersensitive to understand and appreciate tone.
It's a thing. It can make the difference between an insult and flirting. It can make the difference between a neutral comment and a reprimand. It can make the difference between an insult and someone inviting you to laugh at yourself like everyone occasionally should be able to.

And I'm Dutch, fuckwit.
>>
>>18140884
>Fake Dutchman spouting his native American culture with the delusion that he's "trolling" anybody but himself

Only on 4chan lmao
>>
>>18140889
Flikker op kankerneger.
>>
>>18140890
Watch out guys, the troll knows Google Translate! RUN HE'LL START SHOUTING AT YOU IN ARABIC!
>>
>>18140897
Not sure what you get out of this but you seem like you have a lot of potential for taking the shit out of people so I don't see the whole issue with the concept of playful jabs.
Nor do I understand why there being grey areas between insult and neutral comment would be an American thing in any way, but I'll take your word for that. Cheers.
>>
Thanks everyone for your input
>>
eh when people make fun of me I tend to not care at all, like not give a single shit, and it always works in my favor because I could laugh at myself. I also get back at them as well since, well, I grew up with banter and I enjoy it every now and then. I expect my male friends to say stupid bullshit to me or call me an asshole or racially make fun of me, but I also expect them to expect it back, makes life more fun. You do sound like a massive jew though. Why even go out if you don't have money?
>>
>>18140911

This is usually my approach also...I don't mind banter when it is in jest. I'm talking about exclusive banter.

I go out because I want to spend time with them?
>>
>>18140871
I'm not being intentionally rude. But this way of thinking isn't ok. Some of these comments are toxic and only encouraging your bitter disdain.

If they truly are disrespecting and making you a laughingstock, by all means- cut them off, or give them a piece of your mind and THEN cut them off. But from what you've written I don't think that's what's happening in the least. I think these are probably nice people who are trying to include you, and you're just socially retarded and on the defensive constantly, and take yourself far too seriously.

As far as the racism!activisim! stuff goes; yeah, it's annoying. Especially coming from white people. And I DON'T think it's ok that straight, white, males aren't allowed to have opinions on anything just based on that alone. I think the 'believe the woman's cries of rape no matter what' is a VERY dangerous way of thinking. But just because white dudes have problems too, doesn't mean it's retarded when other racism issues are discussed. If they're not militant fuckheads, then the only one being intolerant is probably you. sigh shit like this is why I'm not on facebook. I got no patience for one side getting up in arms over the other.
>>
>>18140943

You sound very rational. Confrontations unsettle me but when I do try to bring it up, even as it is happening, they say it is not so.

I come from a very religious background which I have fought my way out of. I feel I am tolerant of other views and people, I get on with a lot of different types of people.

Thanks for you input, appreciate it.
>>
>>18140987
If you could post some specific instances it would be easier to advise on if it's playful ribbing you're taking too seriously, or if they're actually shitting on you.

I'd feel really bad if I pushed you to 'let go' and 'laugh off' people being actually abusive towards you.
>>
>>18141002

We talk about certain things, then sometime later the conversation changes. They all know what they are talking about apart from me, there is banter, some references are made and a few I know happened some months ago. When I ask what's the joke in it, they brush it off. Don't respond.
Then they joke about how tight I am with money. About freebies, etc. Again, this is indirectly but within themselves as a group. I try to laugh along, try to keep up and seem social. Then it changes to something else, generic topic. When I ask "Hey guys what's the joke in this?" They completely blank my statement, ask me what I have been up to even though I've told them several times that same day.
They also sometimes talk about things I've told them specifically, in front of me, but indirectly within themselves as a group. It's weird.
I don't know. Maybe I am reading into it. I am not sure. I just know that I don't like the feeling/vibe I get from it. When there is banter and I am purposefully excluded from it, is odd.
>>
>>18141051
I need something really really specific. Like an actual convo you remember happening.

Because what you're telling me now could go either way easily. From what I've read though, it seems like you're reading into shit a normal person wouldn't.

Were you picked on in school? Like middle/high school? I'm not trying to be funny, I'm sincerely asking.
>>
>>18141057

Person 1: "Hey are you coming out tonight?"

Person 2: "I don't know, is it free? Do I have to spend a dime?"

Person 2: "I don't know maybe"

Me: "Who's or what's this about?"

Person 4: "God I'm so glad I came out. It is free, I spent nothing, a free night!"

Person 1: "I can only come out if I spend nothing!"

All persons: *laugh laugh laugh*

Me: I don't get the joke? What's it about?

Everyone: Oh nothing, what have you been up to today?

pretty generic but such conversations take place.
>>
>>18141085
Always met with "nothing" when I enquire.
>>
>>18141085
ok, this whole exchange is weird. I feel like they were joking about you, and wanted you to join in... maybe say "hey fuck you guys I'm not that bad!"

Without being there it's hard to tell if they're just poking fun, or if they're being meangirls and shitty towards you. Are you particularly close with one of them?
>>
>>18141267
That is the point entirely. That is what unsettles me. If or when I ask what exactly the joke is about they pretend it is nothing. Not joking.

Target is ambiguous but they know who they're talking about.

I am not close to any of them. I might have told them some problems while drunk months ago. They've all known each other for years, decade(s).
>>
>my friends have different political views than me.
Stop being a triggered snowflake. That's a good thing and perfectly fine
>banter at my expense
They'd be shit friends if they didn't.
>make fun of me for not drinking
They should? I'm sorry op but i think you are the problem here.
Learn to have fun.
>>
>>18141698

Why should anyone take the piss out of people for not drinking?
>>
>>18140867
Lmao.
Americans are objectively the worst at banter though anon.
I don't know whwt fucking planet you are from.
They are miles behind brits or Aussies in both dishing it out and taking it.
>>
>>18140897
Bismillahhhhhhhh
>>
>>18141709
Two reasons.
Primarily because it is am odd quirk and obviously something to tease people about. It's not like having cancer or aids where you can cross a line or they actually can't control it. The general "are you pregnant!?" joke gets old but you can stretch it to other great things.
2) because everyone should drink, and people who don't can be insufferable alot of the time.
>>
>>18141719
I do drink at times, other times I do not. It's about balance for me.
>>
>>18141725
That's fine.
But understand that when yoh don't drink you are sometimes a bore to people thst are (but designated driver is always a hero). But also more importantly that lends itself to jokes. Jokes are not in fact attacks. Your friends aren't raping your mother. It's okay to laugh at yourself or fire back. Preferably both.
>>
>>18141742
I do laugh back and do banter m8

They are very 'triggered' by certain things though, so have to be careful.
>>
>>18141790
Judging by the OP it seems to bug you. Or else you wouldn't mention it.
>>
>>18141804
Spoke to another person irl so have decided to just relax and take it easy and work on myself.

It did bug me when I was not involved in the banter, you know?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.