[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never owned a credit card. I'm 25, living with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: credit-cards-ftr.jpg (198KB, 1240x775px) Image search: [Google]
credit-cards-ftr.jpg
198KB, 1240x775px
I've never owned a credit card. I'm 25, living with parents, and one semester away from graduating university.
Parents tell me I should get a credit card to start building my credit. How do I know which card to get? Will I be able to apply for the one I want?
>>
get the discover it card
no annual fee, 0% intro APR for at least a year
just use it for gas and pay it off after the statement posts, but before the payment due date

you want to start with a no annual fee card so that it's your longest line of credit and you don't need to cancel it later (part of your credit score depends on your longest line of credit)

nerdwallet has some explanations too if you need more help
>>
Credit cards are very bad ideas. Just save up 10% of a loan you want and they'll give it to you
>>
>>18139761
I mean, if you pay it off responsibly, you'll be fine. Also, many give you rewards and extra cash just for having the card.

With the card I mentioned above, they match all your spending over a year and give it back in the form of cash. So if you spend $1,000 on the card over a course of a year, they'll give you $1,000 back. That's a pretty good deal.

If you're responsible, OP, credit cards are easy mode.
>>
>>18139761
I agree but some things require a credit score.
>>
>>18139761
Dumbest advice ever.
>>
>>18139761
>i can't handle credit so no one can

You're also ignoring the benefits such as lower interest rates on loans, apartments check credit, and even jobs do so it's important to have a good credit score.

OP put a couple of revolving bills on your credit card and set it to auto pay every month. Do this for a few years and you'll have a good credit score and then you can get the good rewards cards.

None of this matters though if you can't handle paying it off in full every month.
>>
>>18139744
Get one with your bank and just use it for gas and bills and pay it asap. Thats it.
>>
>>18139761
You need a credit statement to get apartment car loan etc. Noone wants to rent to a bum with no history of responibly paying off things
>>
>>18139761
>10% downpayment
Hahahahaha Jesus.
This is the worst advice I've seen in quite a while.
>>
Go to your bank, if you dont have one go to a major place like bank of america of citisenz. After a few weeks ask about their credit cards. You need a job to apply for one. Banks love fresh meet that are dumb enough to put them selves in debt with them so they are always offering credit applications.
>>
>>18139780
>if you spend $1,000 they will give you $1,000 back
Wat?
>>
Credit cards are a scam. Nothing more than a trick to get you used to the idea that personal debt is normal, so that the banks can make you into their indentured servant. AVOID THAT SHIT. Never spend money that you don't have.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.