[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay I'm going to make this quick: I study martial arts.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 358px-Silver_Skull.jpg (35KB, 358x599px) Image search: [Google]
358px-Silver_Skull.jpg
35KB, 358x599px
Okay I'm going to make this quick:

I study martial arts. I take it pretty seriously and have won local tournaments. One of the biggest lessons I've been taught by my teacher is to avoid unnecessary conflict and to avoid fighting no matter the cost.

However because I'm a naturally reserved and quiet person, a certain adult individual I see fairly regularly who I don't particularly know or speak to has taken upon himself to attempt to verbally bully/abuse me whenever he gets the chance.

What should I do about this? I don't particularly enjoy being verbally insulted, but at the same time this is the type of man who will only stop if I goad him into a fight and beat him up; yet that would be going against the morale code passed down to me by my teachers.

If I just suck it up and deal with it, I feel as though I'm weak and worthless because I won't defend myself. But if I defend myself, I feel like a pussy for not being able to just ignore stupid verbal insults. Anyone have any idea how I should handle this? I really have no interest in compromising with this guy - I just want him to leave me alone and not speak to me again.
>>
Don't look at it as "suck it up and deal with it". You have your training and your confidence; how would it look if someone threw a rock at a tank and the tank shot back? You're the giant and he's chucking rocks that if you don't pay attention to, aren't even there.

When he makes some sort of comment or insult, just laugh, think your response and don't say it. It's bait, the first lesson this website tries to teach you? DO NOT RESPOND.
>>
You're being a pussy by letting him do this shit. The next time he says something really get up in his space, stare him deep in the eyes and dare him to say it again. If he says it beat the crap out of him. If not, say thought so faggot, walk away a bit, make him flinch, then really walk away.
>>
>>18139549
This is a rock; you are a tank.
>>
never let anyone disrespect u and get away with it. by not doing anything u are allowing it to continue
>>
>>18139534
Just smirk, have a little chuckle, and ignore. The complete disregard of his bait will piss him off far more
>>
A martial artist should not only master his body, but also his mind.
The real strenght of the warrior is not in how many battles he may win, but in the real struggle which happens within his own mind.
> I feel as though I'm weak and worthless because I won't defend myself.
Words will only get to you as long as you let them. Just as you have to have a solid stance, you have to be steady within your own mind not to be pushed around by the words of others.
If you were to give in to his bullshit and impulsively beat him up out of rage, you would be the loser in this struggle. Instead you should consider how weak a man has to be to go out of his way to try to belittle others to assure his own masculinity.

If you absolutely think this must not continue, you should then confront him face to face, and "honorably" propose a duel (don't be as courteous as I'm speaking, of course) so that he'll leave you alone.
You should not be dragged by his little game, but I don't think there is shame if you act well-tempered.
Just remember how in a duel you have to be always observant, and never act impulsively, the same can be applied to everything else.
>>
One more thing. So far his words are getting to you. He is having an effect on you and thus his scheme is working. It might be subtle, but maybe he has noticed this. Else, he will, and it will be when you act out of rage.
Now if his words were to have zero effect on you, he would also notice it, and since he is a storm within his own mind, and he sees that his macho attitude is not giving any fruit, weak-minded as he is, he will get mad, and then HE will act desperately. In that moment you just defend yourself (won't even think about it) and the guy will be caught off balance and lose.
>>
I take it you're an adult? Or at least old enough to be charged in court as an adult, right.

Only idiots get into fights. See the above statement to understand why. A somewhat intelligent person will only fight if they are in physical danger since it would then constitute self-defense. Otherwise you're just asking for potential legal trouble or payback in the form of getting jumped later. People don't like getting their asses kicked. So they take retribution in some form. Neither outcome is worth it.

Also, why do you give a shit about what someone else says about you?
>>
>>18139534
Thing is OP, while you personally know you are strong and can let his insults flow off like water - he is the type of asshole who will degrade and abuse anyone he can that he thinks he can. He will do this to everyone. He will do it worse to people weaker than you. He will continue to be an asshole the rest of his life, harassing others.

If you kick his ass, it will help more people than yourself.

In fact if you kick his ass, you will actually be helping him. He might learn he needs to keep his fucking mouth shut and that things have consequences - this will help him in the long run. If he remained an ass forever how could he be happy?

Then again OP there are many assholes in the world and the annoyance he brings is not so great. If you want to refrain from tainting yourself/your morals then do not fight him.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.