[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, I have been lurking here for almost 10 years now and I know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1475370682577.jpg (138KB, 1000x644px) Image search: [Google]
1475370682577.jpg
138KB, 1000x644px
Ok, I have been lurking here for almost 10 years now and I know that decent
advice is hard to come across but here goes.

I recently left my home town behind (britfag/no family) to pursue a new job in
the south of England as a chef. It seemed too good to be true at first but things have steadily been getting worse.
I am an experienced chef and know a fair bit about cooking on a commercial scale
so when I was told it was a chain menu (microwave monkey) I jumped at the opportunity.
The head chef knows less than me about cooking and spends more time doing "paperwork" in his flat upstairs than actually ordering what we need and running the kitchen.

I find myself constantly getting blamed for things I simply have not done and
ordered to carry out mundane tasks in a rather over complicated way and receive nothing but one word answers and condescending tones when I ask about things I am new to.

On my first week here I had long term staff members at my door (drunk) giving me a load of
abuse about being "the new boy". (small minded village folk dont like change)

What do I do? I am financially crippled by coming here and have little options..
Any decent advice would be much appreciated.

TL:DR Came to a new job 300 mile away and everyone is a cunt to me from day one,
financially fucked.. Any advice?
>>
>>18138920
I guess one could say just pull through until you have a steady income and then find a new place but i guess things won't be that easy?

How great is the risk of you losing your job there because of what happens?

You said they are simple minded, you probably won't be able to identify yourself with them but it could be a wise move to play an act to become one with the general personality you can find in this place. Perhaps this could give you somewhat of an advantage to be friendly with everyone and you can play your cards with less worries.

Your superior is a dumbnut, there is no way you can engage into a serious conversation about your problem?

If this is a place that attracted you because of it's fancy online presence then i am sure it will not be something you'd have to regret or even hide in your future resumes.

Financially fucked as in your payment is not as good as promised and it won't last in the long term?

Advice can only be as helpful as the information is accurate, give us a better idea on what you think is going to happen yourself too.
>>
>>18138958
I think they are already looking to get rid of me and i am in the first 3 months of employment so it would be easy for them to do. I have yet to talk to him seriously about the problem. Im already looking for another placement.

By financially fucked i mean im still paying off loans i took to come here.

Should i risk leaving for a new placement if the opportunity comes my way?

I dont want to end up like one of these..
>>
Hey OP, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. I live in the south too and I don't know what I can tell you, people here are distinctly nasty. I keep to myself a lot, I've lived here my entire life, and it's harrowing to go abroad and meet friendly people and then come back here.

I would suggest you find somewhere nicer to live, but I understand your predicament, I just have no real remedy for it. What I'll say is, this entire country and especially the south is a black hole, designed to trap you and keep you in place through fear and poverty. If you get the chance to cut your losses and get out, seize it. There are plenty of places across Europe that will take you.
>>
>>18139050
thanks anon
>>
>>18139118
`Murica will take you. Also, depending on your electricity costs and your computer literacy, stsrt mining crypto currency in your flat. It's passive income of only like a euro a day depending on your rig stats, but if you get in on the ground floor of a good coin then you'll make returns in spades on top of your original profit.
>>
>>18139161
im in staff accommodation, and only have a gaming laptop..

not much cash to invest in trading or mining.
>>
>>18139161
also, no passport
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.