[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm writing a letter and a poem for my long distance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: received_1392044144194200.png (161KB, 403x433px) Image search: [Google]
received_1392044144194200.png
161KB, 403x433px
So I'm writing a letter and a poem for my long distance girlfriend and I'm not sure how to start it. Can anyone help out with getting me going? I'm not good with poetry but I want to try it.
Please someone help
>>
A good way to get started is by setting the scene then the reason for writing her. If you set the scene (describe where you ar,e what kind of day it is over at yours, what you've already done or are going to do after) she can picture you much more vividly and feel closer.

Then the romantic part comes where you tell her what urged you to write to her. Eg you had a dream about her, something reminded you of her, you suddenly missed her really badly without knowing why. Will give her warm tingles before proceeding.

As for the poem, that's harder, the best poems focus on the real little details of life... eg it is much more personal and touching to focus on the freckle on her collarbone than on her "gorgeous blue eyes". And only you know what she looks like, what you love about her personality and her way of carrying herself and so on.
>>
>>18138436
Okay thank you so much. I can start and now I know what to write
>>
>>18138443
No problem at all, good luck!
>>
>>18138446
Yeah with the poetry, I'll have trouble but with your advise I think I got it
>>
Here's some really good poetry tips:
http://fixyourwritinghabits.tumblr.com/post/157792982113/my-top-11-poetry-tips

I must emphasize to NEVER pick a word just for the sake of completing a rhyme. If you can't rhyme it without making it awkward, use a half-rhyme, or change the phrasing to something that allows a better flow. People can always tell.

Also reiterating, try to avoid standard phrasing. You want to paint a picture with your words, but the words don't have to make explicit sense to do so.

Two musical artists that I recommend listening to for the poetry of their lyrics and The National and Vienna Teng. Both are great with their word choice and their phrasing and how they convey ideas. Notice how they never use a standard phrase or colloquialism unless they are trying to make a specific and unusual point with it.
>>
>>18138454
Here's a few love songs by the artists I mentioned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aV0Ka-SSEU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kP7Z0Mg31o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0KmI0b1oAs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAYHAQG566s
>>
>>18138427
My name is bane
Can you pull off my mask?
Why would you even dare ask?
There will be pain
>>
Would you guys be interest in helping me out with the poem? I'll be seeing her for the first time in the summer and I'm trying to tie in summer with the poem and such
>>
>>18138489
Sure, tell me what you've got and what you are trying to incorporate. Be as detailed as possible.
>>
>long distance gf
>i'll be seeing her for the first time
wow that is really pathetic
how long have you been getting catfished?
>>
>>18138491
I'm trying to incorporate her love and the warmth I get to the summer breeze. Her chilling touch to the night breeze and the rare memories in the summer. Is that good enough or no? Sorry if it isn't
>>
>>18138503
>catfish
We've set up video chat and called and I know all her friends.
>>
>>18138505
no thats really cliche and dumb
poetry is fedora tipping
>>
>>18138505
Okay okay. It's fine but I was thinking more details, that is, if you want more input on what to actually use and not just on phrasing. But let me try this stuff.

I love your smile, your gaze that lingers
Even if you touch me with nothing but
The very tips of your fingers
That hits me like a hot
Summer breeze.
And yet you make me shiver
When you reach for me
Chill me to the core like a nightfall by the sea
A cool night in July, with you
By my side,
And more to sense (feel?) than I can see.

Inspired yet? I know rhyme gets shat on but desu I feel it just ties stuff together way better unless you're really sure of what you're doing.
>>
>>18138541
Just realized I used sea - see. Damn that's sloppy.
And "more to take in than I can see" would have probably been nicer anyway.

>>18138540
Who cares, assuming she's crazy about him she's not exactly going to judge it objectively.
>>
>>18138541
Okay okay I think I've got it now. I'm so thankful for you.
>>
>>18138547
No problem. It's a bit like a puzzle, it works best if you're quick with trying a multitude of things and non-sentimental about writing options off if unsatisfying. Essentially start writing and see what works with the words, rather than trying to think of how exactly it should be then writing it down, that doesn't work and always becomes forced.

No problem at all!
>>
>>18138541
you havent even touched her you dumb cuck
skype sex doesn't count
>>
>>18138547
Realized because of the last comment that you're meeting up for the first time. Write her a sweet letter and keep the poem for once you've seen each other and it went well, you've been intimate etc.

It's sweet but it's going to put lots of pressure on her if you declare your love in a big way right when you see each other for real for the first time. Leave it as a bonus for when everything goes well :)
>>
>>18138569
This seems smart. Be excited to see each other but keep it low-pressure
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.