[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get over laziness with regards to employment? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1489229610036.jpg (97KB, 433x419px) Image search: [Google]
1489229610036.jpg
97KB, 433x419px
How do you get over laziness with regards to employment? I'm 19 and haven't had a job in 2 years and have gotten comfy on welfare.
Issue is the money comes once a fortnight and isn't enough to self sustain, if I get a job then I run the risk of having to socialize, make an embarrassment of myself, walking around on eggshells, ect ect.
Plus I don't like the idea of my entire week being dedicated to working, but I don't know if there's any other option.
>>
>Plus I don't like the idea of my entire week being dedicated to working, but I don't know if there's any other option.

welcome to living in a society

feel free to go live in the wild if you want to make it your own way
>>
>>18138193
It sounds like you don't have a "good enough" reason to devote your life to working. I'll give you some ideas. Remember, only one has to work.

1. Accomplishment. Your job could make a difference in the world. This one is hard because you usually just work to make your boss richer. However, you could act on how you want the world to change. If you think women have too much leverage, make sexbots. If you think the world has to many people, become a lawyer for abortion, etc. Make your world.

2. Greed. You can buy he things that feel good. Do you like fine chocolate, sexy women, the newest games, and/or a house in a great neighborhood? Well, a job can get you those things. Buy all the chocolate you want then buy a liposuction. Buy hookers and sleep with girls who have the bodies of your dreams. Own every new console and a great PC with 100s of fresh games. Never get mugged or even live around any sort of crime in your neighborhood. Feel good.

3. Status. If you don't work you will become a loser in time. Be better than those around you. Moor over the fact that the world owes you shit, and nothing is going to come from expecting something for nothing. The idiots you know will become better than you because they hold jobs. Don't be less than them. You could be the person people talk highly of, instead of the person people shy away from talking about. You can leverage your status. Don't repel women with unemployment. Mention your job lo leave women impressed and crave you compared to others. Be better than the losers.
>>
>>18138193
you should kill yourself you piece of shit lazy fuck
>>
>>18138588
He has a niche to fill.
>>
>>18138193
Same bro. Maybe you should go to school and work towards something. Having a job where you just get paid is okay but it comes with people problems because of how monotonous the work is
>>
>>18138193
People like you make me sick.

Get off your fat pimply ass and go outside. I see so many losers like you in my line of work (psych). They are young, lazy, and stupid. Many do drugs and live off my taxes doing absolutely nothing. I wish the government didn't give out free handouts like that.

Get a job swine. Even if I didn't have money for food; I never go so low to go on welfare. I have too much pride.
>>
>>18139514
>never go on welfare
It's there to help people. The problem is when you don't get off it
>>
>>18139520
>get off lazy ass and move
>get job
Problem solved
>>
Welcome to being an adult. Get over yourself
>>
>>18139531
>takes time
>runs out of money
>dies
>cell phone rings
>caller left a voicemail "anon. Thanks for applying at our company. We'd like to invite you for an interview tomorrow"
Too bad op starved to death
>>
>>18139538
This guy >>18139531 is probably a baby boomer who got his job at a fortune 500 with a strong handshake and a confident smile. He now shits on people looking into the """""entry level""""" job market as lazy fucks. Note how the characteristic baby boomer poster does not acknowledge the job market or give any relevant advice about how to get a job, he just insults.
>>
>>18139514
>>18139531
>>18139537
We both know that working for 19k a year won't guarantee a happier life than him living on welfare.
>>
>>18139556
This isn't about happiness. It's about taking responsibility
>>
>>18139550
Nah I'm actually 23 yo with a college degree in the health field. Been living on my own since 19yo; paying all my own bills. I will say my parents consigned my college loan but that was it. I'm the one making payments.
Sure some times it was tough; pawning off stuff, literally eating ramen and bread, sharing apartments with multiple roommates, etc. but it taught me to save money. It taught me to not spend money like a jackass. It taught me to shop around.

I think it overall made me a better person. It boggles my mind to see my peers on welfare. To see so many YOUNG and HEALTHY people sitting at home. This country has tons of opportunities; take advantage of them.

I do think there's income inequality in this county and I do wish (slave) wages were higher for the uneducated. But we elected Trump. The poor will only suffer under him....
>>
>>18139550
>advice
Go out and get a job.

Any job. Apply to multiple jobs a day; you're bound to get a few to answer back. Go out to stores, see if their hiring. Carry your resume around.

I see actual people with mental retardation all the time working in stores. It's not hard
>>
>>18139587
>This isn't about happiness. It's about taking responsibility
You don't choose what he's responsible for. Here's the thing: people can choose their own responsibilities. Naturally, people are free to not get ensnared by shitty responsibilities. No man is responsible for manning up and marrying a single mother and raising another man's child, even though less single mothers would get welfare. No man is responsible for having eight-pack abs, even though health cost burdens would go down. No man is responsible for getting a job, even though doing so would reduce welfare payouts.

Responsibility, as you would have it, isn't what the OP needs as motivation. The motivators in the second post are his best bet.
>>
>>18139601
I'm 23 too, but my major (biochem) didn't get me a job that pays more than slave wages. I guess I needed internships. I'm joining the Peace Corps. They seem to want young and healthy people.

>>18139608
The sad reality is that most all of these are dead-end. Sure, deliver pizzas for a few years. You might be 5k wealthier every year, but your situation hasn't really changed. You are still living hand to mouth. It is pretty shit too because the jobs with advancement potential are filled before you apply. I reason that you have to work for free first. I'm trying out the Peace Corps.
>>
>>18140941
It was Peace Corps or China for me.
>>
>>18138216
Where is the free land? This option sounds interesting, but land ain't free.
>>
No one likes to work. You do it because you need money to survive or to get enough money to live the way you want to live.

Welcome to life...it sucks.
>>
>>18143010
Some people love their jobs. These people are usually self-employed.
>>
>>18139505
Going into debt for school can backfire on you.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.