[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /adv/, this is my first time making a thread here. A few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: WhatTheHell.jpg (18KB, 296x200px) Image search: [Google]
WhatTheHell.jpg
18KB, 296x200px
Hello /adv/, this is my first time making a thread here. A few days ago my boyfriend and I were watching Minority Report. In the scene where the husband turns back to kill his cheating wife my boyfriend said something like "can't blame him".

I was quite shocked, and asked him if he would kill me if I cheated on him. He told me if I drunkenly hooked up at a club he'd break up with me but nothing more, but that if we were married or had kids and I was deliberately cheating in our home he would.

Is this a normal attitude? I absolutely believe that he would do it, he was completely serious. He is not a violent guy, he usually tries to calm things down if it ever looks like a fight may start, he has never struck me or threatened to strike me, and has never had a problem with me going out with my girlfriends or having lunch or something with guys from work, so it really surprised me that he thinks this way.

Is this a warning sign or is this just how some people think? He's always been very relaxed about most things but I guess he just has certain lines that he won't let be crossed?
>>
>>18138113
He says one sentence and you question him that much?
>>
If you push a person into a corner, everyone is violent. For a man, I don't think there's a worse insult than sleeping with another dude in his bed.
>>
>>18138113
I suppose that you should get a different guy to cheat on.
>>
Every man has a line to be crossed. I quite agree with him, or at the very least I would want to kill my SO though I doubt I actually would. Why do you question this so much, is cheating an every day thing for you that should be easily forgiveable?
>>
>>18138119
He looked me up and down and thought about that situation and decided I would die if I did that. Can you understand how freaky that is coming from someone you love?
>>18138123
So it's not unusual?
>>18138125
I've never cheated on him and never will. We've been together 4 years and I love him to death. He's the best person I know which is what made this so unsettling.

Also I keep getting connection error when I reply wtf?
>>
>>18138136
So you cheated on someone else? Is that why you're scared?
>>
>>18138143
He's the second guy I've ever dated if you count a shitty one month thing in highschool that never went beyond awkward kisses, and aside from that he was my first everything. I've never gone for hookup culture and never cheated with anyone. I'm not scared of the consequence of me cheating because it's not going to happen. I'm scared that a person that I love, and that loves me, could look me in the eyes and decide with absolute certainty that he would kill me. I want to know if that is an irrational freakout because his behaviour is not unusual, or if this is something to be concerned about. It's hard to get a clear answer because the default 4chan response is "lolwhore".
>>
Yeah that's freaky imo. Normal reaction to cheating is divorce not murder.
>>
>>18138136
Actually killing her/him may be not, but wanting to murder someone that violates the bonds of marriage is not unusual, no.
>>
>>18138136
Yeah, it's not good he said that. But you can judge him better than us. When my gf cheated on me it took me everything to not strangle her on the spot. Same thing when I saw the guy a week later. Had dreams of beating the living shit out of her or screaming like a madman at her for months. These feelings just come up when you got cheated on
>>
>>18138150
Strong emotions are easy to swing between love and hate depending the circumstances, if he didn't love you he wouldn't care if you are cheating.
>>
If you're not going to cheat on him, why the fuck are you so worried???

"Oh it's so creepy that if I shot myself in the head I'll die". He's action is conditioned to a very specific situation, and a really offensive one. So yes, he has a legitimate reason for that. Just a reminder for you to think twice before hurting him so deep.

If you ever want to cheat, break up, or it'll bite you in the ass. Simple as that.
>>
>>18138150
Dude, wtf? All he said was, "can't blame him," meaning he understands why he would do it, not "she deserved it." Even then, had he said that, it just speaks of his personal limits - as in what he deems right and wrong. Cheating is generally regarded as a bad thing, by most people. Why are you so concerned if by your own account you've never had to deal with any sort of aggression from him? Do you honestly feel unsafe now that you know he has boundaries he has very strong feelings about? Are you this much of a pansy?
>>
This is biology, when you put all of your resources into a mate for four years in this case, having someone take that away from you it not something animals deal with well. The primary goal of a relationship in natural selection is to pass genes on...basically cheating can steal years of resource allocation often during the peak of fecundity.

Things like this tend to bring out the worse thoughts in people. It is very unlikely he would kill you, he just didn't censor his thoughts with you. If you want to talk to him about this, discuss it in a manner that addresses how you were surprised he had such a violent thoughts. I think you are overreacting, most guys would be more likely to say they kill the person you cheated with.

This rarely happens though, cheating by far outpaces the murder rate. Just words..
>>
>>18138113

We can only imagine the scenario because we only catch this scene with no background because it's a film. The scene in the film shows a fairly well off family living in a beautiful home.

Look at how he dressed, the neighborhood, the house.

We would imagine the man sacrificing his time to support those he cares for. He trusted and loved her and catching his wife getting fucked in his own bed by a stranger, it's cukoldry but a biting the hand that feeds.

Emotions, especially this traumatic, I could see it happening because he truly loved her and she destroyed it for a different cock between her legs.
>>
>>18138113
i would never kill someone but i empathise with people who murder others in the heat of the moment. sometimes ya rage. cheating wife would be a good reason to rage.

and on some level its nice to see cheaters punished but murder is overkill by a long shot.
>>
Just tell him if he ever cheated once you're married, you'd kill yourself and the kids.
Then say he shouldn't worry because he's never gonna cheat either :^)

Should give you both a good foundation.
>>
>>18138224

This.

In that scene, they're so into it that neither of them even notice that he's even there IN THE SAME ROOM NEXT TO THEM ON THE BED. He sits there and just listens for a while and it's not until he stands up and says "I forgot my glasses..." that they notice. He didn't even walk in intending to harm them, he just picked up the scissors with the intent of putting them back where they belong.

But yeah, "can't blame him..." is really an expression of empathy rather than praise or acceptance.

Also, spoiler alert for anyone that hasn't seen the movie I guess, but:
The whole point of minority report was to demonstrate that the system is NOT infallible - meaning that they actually did not know, without a doubt, that the husband actually would have killed her.
>>
Actions > Words

Don't pay much attention to what people say.
>>
>>18138113
maybe you just shouldnt cheat on him or you should find someone else to cheat on, you dumb whore
go away
>>
>>18138113
a divorce means that you get the kids, the house, half of the money he's made, and half of the money he's going to make.

him killing you if you cheat on him means that he's SMART.
>>
>>18138113
>but that if we were married or had kids and I was deliberately cheating in our home he would.

If he said he would then I would take that as a huge red flag OP. Don't listen to all the bullshit in this thread. No one you love or who loves you should ever really joke about or talk about killing you. It's an understandable but not okay thing.

Your reaction is reasonable because why the hell would someone say something like that? It's pretty fucked up and not cool.
>>
That is highly unsettling, especially if you insist he was serious. I did say something similar to my fiancé once, told him if he did anything to our children (when we will have any) I would not hesitate to kill him. He would never of course, he is a sweetheart but he makes distasteful jokes sometimes. I just wanted my intolerance of anyone hurting them, even someone I know and love, to be clear. Your situation is a bit different though I think. It seems like a disproportional reaction. He probably says it being confident you wouldn't do it? If it were me, I'd discuss this for hours with him. I wouldn't appreciate being threatened to behave, no need for that if there's trust.
>>
>>18138666
>If it were me, I'd discuss this for hours with him.
lol man what a way to scare a guy off.
spend hours over a comment. haha wow.
you sound C R A Y Z E H
>>
>>18138113

its a normal urge, but the fact that he can rationally sit there and say hed go through with it is a pretty big red flag, leave
>>
>>18138672
Nah, it's working out fine for me. It's not just about the comment, but worldview, implications, plans for the future etc. It's deep conversation. It's nice.
>>
OP, my brother attacked me today, he punched me and stole $1,000 from my wallet and my bank card.

I didn't say anything or retaliate, I'll just cut him out of my life.

If I was in love with a woman, and I had kids. I wouldn't kill her for the kids sake but if she cheated on me?

Yeah I'll probably want to kill her, if I was in a bad mood I'd fantasize about it. If I was in the moment yeah I'd probably kill her.

But these opinions telling you to leave your boyfriend because he was honest, they're in the same mindset I am.

Your boyfriend was speaking from emotion while watching a film.

IF I watched minority report with you i'd say the exact thing.

If I'm sitting behind my computer jerking off to hentai I'm going to tell you 'red flag leave him' ect.

Understand?
>>
>>18138119
>>18138123
>>18138132
>>18138156
>>18138161
>>18138172
>>18138176
>>18138198
>>18138204
>>18138224
>>18138260
>>18138558
>>18138563
>>18138573
>>18138672
OP, listen to these voices of reasons. Don't be a stupid cunt. Your over reaction is uncalled for, and the fact that it's troubled you enough to bring it to /adv/ is fucking ridiculous. Don't cheat, and you don't have to worry about getting your head bashed in. It's a pretty simple concept really. Besides, it's easy to say you'd do something but fail to in the moment, this is the nature of humans.

TL;DR: quit being a fuckin idiot.

Sage
>>
>>18138713
The Aboriginals of Australia have killed people in the current decade for accidentally running over their family dog.

Just a fun fact
>>
>>18138718
>The Aboriginals of Australia
for them thats like checking the mail. wile aboriginal culture is absolutely shocking to an extreme degree.
super interesting.
>>
>>18138113
I'd break up with him. This is not how a normal person thinks. He admitted that it wasn't a joke or throwaway comment. He thinks murder is a-okay as revenge for betrayal. Holy shit.

Have some self respect and leave.
>>
>>18138765
Violence is a natural reaction for having your entire being and identity violated, if someone bullies you it's a natural reaction to punch him in the face. You have to be sheltered idiot to think violence is always bad.
>>
My ex joked she would chop my balls off and then I told her I would chop her legs off. We both said we would kill each other if the other one cheated. Imo it was cute. No one cheated and it was a clean break up.
>>
>>18138113
If he's like me, he's sees a cheating slut as a worthless piece of trash. If you can't act like a decent human being and put something besides your own emotions first, you might as well be dead. BUT you'd have to being somewhat fucked in the head to be able to kill someone.
Basically he understands the need for that bitch to be dead and doesn't mind the thought of killing her. But would never have the nerve or lack of being able to handle situations logically to be able to go through with murdering someone.
>>
Yeah it's a pretty fucked mentality. Cheating is bad and wrong, but it's not comparable to ending someones life, and killing someone because they cheated on you is a massive, disproportional over reaction, and normal people know this. It's defiantly a red flag and shows he's not quite there morally and logically. Whether this is a deal breaker is up to you, but it's something to be wary of.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.