[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a problem. Apparently I have really strong body odor.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1489037555575.png (28KB, 655x509px) Image search: [Google]
1489037555575.png
28KB, 655x509px
I have a problem. Apparently I have really strong body odor. And people have been noticing at work and however long later my department manager has finally said something to me about it.

This is probably the most embarassing thing that has ever happened to me in my life. I was considering hanging myself pretty seriously for most of today, but I figure maybe I can just fix the problem somehow.

Basically:
I shower every day, always have.
I wear clean clothes
I wear deodorant
I brush and floss my teeth twice a day

Where in the fuck is this "very strong body odor" coming from? I think maybe I did notice it once before. When I was sweating underneath my winter jacket I smelled some of the air that comes out from under and it has this weird stink, like burnt gunpowder.

What the fuck do I do? I do drink a fair amount. I do occasionalky eat onions and garlic and stuff. But it makes no fucking sense, plenty of other people do too.

No I'm not morbidly obese and I don't normally get sweaty either so I have no clue.
>>
>>18136078
could be your washer. sometimes bacteria grows and makes your cloths stink, you might have gotten used to the small and don't notice, like cig smokers do.
happened to me with two washers, had to run a ton of bleach though with whites to get rid of it.
>>
>>18136078
could be what you eat. thats why black africans smell funny but african americans dont.
also why indian immigrants smell funny. too much curry.
>>
>>18136078
Bump
>>
>>18136085
That, also see a doctor.
>>
Do you shave your armpit hair and pubes? The former makes a huge difference.
>>
>>18136247
No. Are you saying I should? Im a guy btw. I think it's actually coming from inside my body or something.
>>
>>18136255
nut up and ask your manager what you smell like.
BO - its you
weight stink like old people smell - its probably your clothes
>>
Do you have any pets? One of them might have done a bad thing on your clothing
>>
Change your diet, change your soaps, wash more thoroughly, change your laundry detergent, wear two pairs of underwear
>>
>>18136078
literally wash everything. maybe even buy some new clothes and shit. if none of that helps then try different shampoo/bodywash/soap. not that fucking hard to take care of yourself.
>>
>>18136924
Did you even read the OP
>>
>>18136078
See a doctor. There may be a medical cause.

Dry clean all your clothes - odors stay in them for weeks.
>>
>>18136078
>Considered hanging yourself
How fragile can you be?
>>
>>18136078
the washer thing is definitely a good point, and i've found some clothes have like B.O. or body sweat embedded into them after a while. so coming out the washer/dryer it smells clean but you body heat activates it and makes you stink worse throughout the day so throw away old t-shirts and shit

I also learned a few years ago that you're supposed to apply anti-perspirant deodorant at night preferably after a shower. I couldn't figure out why I was pitting out mid day until I googled it and apparently that shit needs time to soak into your skin to block the sweat glands effectively
>>
>>18137451
Also dont use wet deodorant
>>
>>18137446
My social anxiety is nearly intolerable as it was before I found about this. So I guess yeah I'm pretty fucking fragile.
>>
>>18137748
Well stop it, you're a fucking adult.
>>
>>18136078
HAve you checked your sense of smell? My dad lost his and have problems noticing if he steps in dog shit and stuff like that. If you have one jacked you wear often, or the same pair of shoes, the smell might come from that and you're not noticing.
>>
Best thing is lemons. Cut a lemon in half and rub it on your armpits. Kills all the bacteria off and you have a neutral smell
>>
Resident in medicine here.
What's your diet like?
Are you overweight?
What's your ethnic background?
>>
>>18136078
Swap deodorant for antiperspirant + find a good aftershave (check fragrantica.com for safe scents you can't go wrong with). Should be completely fine after that if you shower, wear clean clothes etc like you say you do.
>>
File: kVQvYAg.png (549KB, 592x503px) Image search: [Google]
kVQvYAg.png
549KB, 592x503px
>>18136078
What kind of mouth wash do you use?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.