[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

need help deciding career. split between going into law and becoming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1489769060373.jpg (87KB, 337x326px) Image search: [Google]
1489769060373.jpg
87KB, 337x326px
need help deciding career. split between going into law and becoming a tradesman(major in electrical engineering. wat do?
>>
Do you want to make some big moneyz or are you happy with average moneyz?
>>
>>18135602
I would be fine with average salary. But both have pretty good salaries to my knowledge.
>>
>>18135602
I had computer science last semester in college and failed. I sucked at programming but made an A+ in the math half.
>>
what is it about law that attracts you?
>>
>>18135641
Mostly the constitution. I think it is a really interesting document. I also have a lot of interest in American govt and American History. Something about the idea of upholding the law and the truth sounds kinda cool.
>>
>>18135653
most lawyers will not deal with anything constitution related
at least in practice

how will you be paying for your education?
>>
>>18135675
family investments
hopefully some scholarships
work during school
>>
>>18135680
go to top-law-schools.com/forums
you need to research this subject matter very thoroughly before making a decision

i really doubt you will be able to work while studying law school, at least for the first year

this is the general gist of it, although i implore you to please do a lot, alot more research
unless you get into a t-14 you're most likely not going to get a legal related job that pays
unless you have good grades in a t-14, you will most likely not get an extremely well paying legal related job
if your scores and resume isnt enough to get into the t-14, dont bother applying

the other route is to go full scholarship to a lower tier school
>>
>>18135687
thanks for the advice. If there is anyone with experience in the engineering or electrical fields it would be a great help to hear anything.
>>
>>18135699
np
feel free to ask me anything about law, im more than happy to help

anyway the biggest problem right now is there are more lawyers than needed
especially with the rise of for profit law schools handing out worthless degrees for a hefty price

t. law student in top ten law school
>>
>>18135705
one of the appeals to being a tradesman for me is that employers need them and that I have always done really well in math throughout school. I kinda wanna pick a career based on job growth, is it needed?, and if I'll be good at it. It hasn't helped that throughout school that teachers and professors tell you to follow your passion or dreams and then end up working in retail with a useless degree.
>>
At this point I will consider joining the army, air force, or navy and work in some kind of support role
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.