[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alright so atm im doing horrible in my college Calculus class

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: calculus2.jpg (68KB, 668x289px) Image search: [Google]
calculus2.jpg
68KB, 668x289px
alright so atm im doing horrible in my college Calculus class and most likely i'm going to fail my mid-term next week.
would i be better off getting an F or just withdrawing from the class and try to retake during the summer?
also would i have to pay the class back since im using financial aid. im getting A's in my other 3 classes.
>>
Will you be able to pass, despite failing a midterm and/or getting a shitty grade on your final? If not, just drop it. I was in the same boat with calc and I dropped it because I was fucked unless I had gotten a 90+ on my midterm and final
>>
You have to speak to your financial aid office and ask. You have to see how much you will be compensated.
I just flunked out of college, but all I needed to keep financial aid is prove my attendance. Might be different for you, just work with your colleges financial aid.
>>
>>18135273
I know it's a shit easy thing to say, but Calculus (1) is actually not that hard. Are you sure you're doing enough work in the course? If you're falling behind, it's easy to get demotivated and lose your work ethic. I had a similar experience where I thought I was doing badly in the course, but in reality I was simply not doing the work needed to perform well. There's tons of resources available to help you get through this, if you're willing to put in the work.
>>
You suck at calculus because you don't try. You probably spend 5 minutes on a homework problem before you give up. You don't even try to use your resources. I bet you go to youtube to find a tutorial on how to put make up on your faggot face but the the thought of trying to find a tutorial to help you with your homework hasn't even crossed your mind.
>>
>>18135377
>>18135537
thxs for this
im going to try studying my ass off and try 2 pass next week.
>>
My prof says this constantly: Calculus requires all of your attention. If all you're doing is watching your professor do problems in class you're not going to get it. You need to practice, practice, practice to see solutions in your problems. It's tough, but you'll get it down if you work on it. I say this as someone who's struggling. I must've spent an hour or more on a problem before I finally got it, and then I was able to similar questions in a considerably shorter time.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.