[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a huge problem with inconsistency. Not the kind of inconsistency

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG-20170308-WA0001.jpg (51KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170308-WA0001.jpg
51KB, 640x640px
I have a huge problem with inconsistency. Not the kind of inconsistency where you can't keep up a habit or a hobby for an extended period of time but rather how disconnected everything in life is from one another. I already feel dumb for saying "in life", because it is too broad of a term. What i think and how i behave appears to not be in line with how the world seems to be working. But this is not about me. I like to think that all humans just act out things because they can't stand having no sensory input. Everything just happens, every conversation and every lunch and every news story and every political discussion is just strange and fades compared to life when you just go out on tge street and look at things. I don't even care about what purpose there is to talking to one another, i just want to know why we say one thing, but not the other. How is something more important than something else, how can we repeat something a million times but some things are left unsaid and unthought.

I have been hearing voices in my head when going to bed recently. Is there something wrong with me? Should i escape my menial boredom by persuing menial activities, now while i'm still young?
>>
Take the myers-briggs test, maybe you'll learn more about yourself
>>
>>18135144
Even if it is considered a pseudo science by some, i find it interesting. I have not been getting consistent results though (kind of funny that you bring this up). Do you think that it helps you find a role to play in life, so that you can carry on feeling like you're acting like you're supposed to, because everything acts according to its nature?
>>
>>18135144
Not OP here
But fuck the cancer meme test
It means nothing
>>
Well in my personal experience, I get consistent results. Although some believe it to be confirmation bias much like astrology, I find it interesting how accurate the description of my "personality" is, versus reading other descriptions of other personalities in which I cannot relate at all. I don't think it's something that you should base your entire life off of because in reality we are all probably a mix of these, but it will probably get you as close as possible to understanding the way you think. It helped me understand at least. Just try it out for fun
>>
>>18135155
Op here, the different results I've been getting make me share the sentiment. I just wonder how static a person can be. Wouldn't it be kinda strange to always get the same result, as if you never changed in mood and self image
>>
>>18135186
Yeah. I took it a couple years back and one of the "letters" that indicate extroversion vs introversion was different. Other than that, I haven't changed, funnily enough. It's ok to not get consistent results, because again, your mood and the way you perceive yourself can change on a day to day basis. People can either be very static and solid in who they are, or ever changing. Again, a personality trait.
>>
File: Nice.png (284KB, 585x586px) Image search: [Google]
Nice.png
284KB, 585x586px
>>18135142
I've suffered from this my entire life and I'm not sure what the cause of it was. When I was younger I was praised as a prodigy and was expected to do great things, yet somewhere along the line I snapped and started becoming fearful of committing to certain hobbies.
I think it's due to me eventually fearing becoming bored of the things that once brought joy to my life, so I shut down and don't want to even begin pursuing it in fear of the end result.
Sounds like some autistic sperg thought process but this is how I've always thought about things, and here I am, a 19 year old NEET with nothing to show for it.
>>
>>18135176
Thanks for posting. That the results can be accurate for you doesn't validate the test though. It certainly has a basis in some form of psychology. I have a friend (girl) who is adamant about the zodiac signs, to a degree that she refuses to be in a relationship with someone with the wrong sign. I looked up what my sign said and it happend to be fairly descripitive of me, whereas others really aren't. I'm sure this is just chance.
>>
>>18135207
I'd agree, but one is based off of the stars whereas the other is based off of actual research and psychological evaluations. I've done a lot of research on it. But as I said in my previous posts, it is obviously not 100% accurate for everyone, and just because it works for me doesn't validate it. Never said it did. Just said it was an interesting tool to use as someone who has always felt misunderstood and such
>>
>>18135200
>>18135200
Did you mean to say that my original thought process sounds autistic or the story you contributed? Neither seems autistic to me. How come you failed in achieving success? Everyone always said i was smart, some of my friends even said that they think i'm outstandingly intelligent, but i dont quite think so. I'm 20 years old an work at a mcdonalds counter in a first world country. The public opinion around here is that i'm deplorable for that. I actually like the job. You get to interact with lots of people, but you dont have to fear personal attack as long as you wear the uniform. Good teamwork also. Why are you neet anon?
>>
>>18135214
I believe one of the traits is judging vs perceiving. I don't really see those as opposites. Say you have a good ability to make a judgement. Does this mean you have poor perception or vice versa? I figure that it's more about feeling (judging) vs plain information (perception) in the realm of what a person is offered. Lets say a person can both really good. Is the weaker disregarded completely?
>>
>>18135239
No no, what the J vs P means is this:
J= you plan every aspect of your life out. You feel anxious when you have to improvise
P= you're more of a go with the flow personality when it comes to planning things like projects, tasks, etc.

Common misconception!
>>
>>18135246
Well thanks for the correction. There is a clear distinction, which is good. Although this seems quite specific. Or does it expand further than just tasks and projects?
>>
>>18135266
expands way further, but i just used that as a sort of pinpoint in understanding! so the more you look into it, the more interesting it becomes
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.