[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm becoming obsessed with a friend. Every time i'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

I'm becoming obsessed with a friend. Every time i'm not with her i miss her, i think about her all the time. Every time she hangs out or shows interest in another guy i feel terrible, but i can't show it. What do i do? I've tried not seeing her for a week, and things just got worse, she thought she had done something wrong and my mindset didnt change at all. Was one week not enough time?

How do i get over this? I value our friendship but its torturing me.
>>
>>18135021
Maybe you're just dumb or something but it sounds like you want more than a friendship.
>>
>>18135025

Thats the thing, i know anything more wont work out, so i want to keep her as a friend. Is that selfish?
>>
>>18135021
>>18135030

Make more friends. You sound lonely.
>>
>>18135034
I have a lot of other friends, but its true i've not been spending alot of time with them. at one point i was spending 90% of my day with her. I think ive grown dependent on her company.

I feel like i need to go 100% cold turkey and not see her until i can think of her in a healthy way, but im afraid she'll think i hate her.
>>
>>18135040

Whatever you do she'll notice you aee avoiding her. But there's no other way. Good luck.
>>
>>18135043

should i explain the way i feel? or just pretend im too busy.
>>
>>18135066

Your choice, mate. Each one has their pros and cons.
>>
>>18135030
It just sounds a hell of a lot like you'd like more, but your mind wonders places that it doesn't want to or something like that. I dunno, I'm no expert on deciphering others thoughts. But it is and isn't selfish. It's more than obvious just how much you care for them deeply and it's they must find it endearing that you care so much for them. Hold on to that I guess?
>>
>>18135089

I really do care. But if i cant take a step forward i have to step back and thats so hard.
>>
>>18135098
If you don't mind me asking, how open are the two of you with talking about, just about everything. Surprisingly enough, I've been in your exact situation. It went well with me thankfully but that isn't always the case.
>>
>>18135110
Going off on this as I think I was too broad, do the two of you openly discuss what you think, how you feel, such and so on?
>>
>>18135110

She's very open with me about everything, i know her better than almost anyone. I don't share as much as she does, but i'd say im open to talk about almost anything with her. She doesn't judge and wants to understand.
>>
>>18135117

yeah id say so.
>>
>>18135121
Would you say she cares about you just the same? It just sounds to me at least, that there could be something there, I dunno. Knowing from what you tell me, I could maybe make a guess that you could care for her on deeper more intimate level??¿¿?

Ah, sorry for all these nosey questions :')
>>
>>18135130

I feel like she does, when i tried to disappear the first time mutual friends were telling me how hard it was for her. Half of the reason i saw her again was just to tell her that it was nothing to do with her, 'so she wouldn't blame herself. I feel like i should have told her it was all about her.

But we have the weirdest relationship, we openly check out other people when we're around each other. She'll tell me about guys she likes, and ill tell her about girls im interested in. Its so weird because it clearly makes both of us jealous. When we're hanging out and i talk to another girl, i'll look over and she'll be staring at me rather than the person talking. I've asked her about it and she openly says she wants to see how interested i am. Surely this isnt healthy?
>>
>>18135148
Wow, I can relate. Take every word of mind with a grain of salt but man, it sounds like she could totally feel something for you. The two of you openly discussing on how you find others attractive and such I feel cements this. She feels she can say maybe almost anything to you and know that you'll listen. It really sounds like there's something there and it sounds like she wants to know to.

It's a nice feeling though, to be that close to another human being like that?
>>
>>18135173

sorry for the late reply.

its great to have someone like that , but if i take it further i feel like i may mess up a friendship i really value. So i feel like i have to make space between us, i dont think my obsession is healthy.
>>
>>18135637

as i say that i'm meeting her and its 3am. wtf am i doing.
>>
File: 1489456747263.png (42KB, 638x753px) Image search: [Google]
1489456747263.png
42KB, 638x753px
>>18135021
Oh my god are you literally me?

Im in the same situation, but I have a couple extra things making it even worse (she's the ex of my ex best friend who I hate now, also im ugly af)

I ended up fucking up my chances already by telling her I didn't love her when I was way to fucked up at a party, she seemed fine with me saying that though so...

Anyways, if you think your good enough for her bro fucking go for it, it really wont be that weird afterwards even if she doesn't feel the same, and you can move on

What's the worst that can happen?
>>
>>18135694

Are you sure it wouldn't work out?
You sound like my bf
We were friends for about 2 years before he finally could tell me how he felt.
The funny thing was, i had a crush on him the whole time but I'm painfully shy so i held it inside.
He pulled the cold turkey thing too, suddenly didn't have time to hang out etc so naturally it bothered me and i wanted to know what was going on so i went looking for him and coerced him into spending time with me.
We had a great time and we were both happy spending time together. Within days he told me how he felt and that it was painful for him seeing someone else try to flirt with me. So i spilled my feelings on how i missed him and was sad when he stopped talking to me out of the blue.
We've been together a year now and i couldn't be happier. He's my best friend and my lover and we've only gotten closer in time.

At the very least you should consider telling her how you feel before going cold turkey, just in case it's a similar situation
>>
>>18135756

i'm just so worried about fucking up a great thing, i think i'm a coward.
>>
>>18135810

>anonette, I can't just be friends with you when I have feelings for you. I am sorry but we need a break from this friendship

I am pretty sure she is interested in you though, she is just a pussy like you and doesn't want to admit it.
>>
>>18135842

Do you think i can get over my feelings while staying friends? is that possible or am i demanding too much
>>
>>18136094

No its impossible I've been in your spot once.
>>
>>18135810

He tried to ignore his feelings at first too, which worked until he saw someone else trying to get close to me.
Please just talk to her.
You risk changing the friendship by telling her but its going to change anyway if you have to watch someone else make the move.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.