[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi /adv/, need a little help on how to handle this situation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (60KB, 850x636px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
60KB, 850x636px
hi /adv/, need a little help on how to handle this situation with gf

>i've been learning the piano and sending her videos of my progress every now and then
>one day in class theres a piano
>teacher asks who can play it, i go up and play a quick tune
>the class claps, im pretty proud and i tell my gf about my day on messenger
>she suddenly gets really upset because it turns out she wanted to be the first one to hear me play it irl
>apparently hearing me play it was a really special occasion she was looking forward to and now shes really, REALLY, upset

i know youre all going to say hurr durr ur gf is being emotional blah blah but she usually isnt. i can tell shes really hurt by this. i tried apologizing, saying i'd teach her and etc, but she just doesnt care and says she doesnt even want to hear me play it anymore, just general depressive stuff. what should i do now?
>>
>>18134887
Continue sending her your progress. Don't try to pamper her on that one, you did nothing wrong. Hug her, pick her up, dance a little with her or some shit. She'll click out of her mood like a little girl. If she doesn't, ignore that behaviour.
>>
holy fucking shit, i just got blocked on facebook

"I thought piano could be special but it's not to you so it kinda ruins the feeling for me now"

i got blocked. what happens now?
>>
>>18134908
the thing is, we've been in a ldr for the last 2 months, because i've had to move for a while. shes flying over to see me in a month and we'll be staying for a few months. i cant be around to physically be there. fuck what do i do now? i dont want her to turn to chad for emotional support
>>
>>18134887
>it turns out she wanted to be the first one to hear me play it irl
Did she say it beforehand? If not, yes, she's being emotional.

>she doesnt even want to hear me play it anymore
Then do it on your own, don't share that with her anymore and find something else to bond with. It sucks, but this is a situation where you have to take feelings into account and just do with them.
>>
Shes crazy
>>
>>18134919
she did not mention it before. yes she is emotional, but that is not the point. the point is that she has orbiters and her way of dealing with upsets is talking to people about them. this is the first time ive been blocked. i know shes going to talk to her orbiters, and hopefully none are chads that lead to anything more. im not *entirely* blocked, since i have her on other communications as well, but i dont think i should start being pushy and messaging her on other platforms. wtf do i do

>bonus: one of her orbiters just told her yesterday that he would marry someone like her, and it affected her enough to tell me about it, although her reason for doing so was that we should be transparent with each other and she wanted me to tell her about anything similar that happened to me
>>
i guess i want to know what my attitude to this should be for her to get over it as fast as possible.

should i be dismissive and act like shes being silly? will that snap her back into normalcy or make it worse? should i feed into it and start being apologetic and play along? what do i do?
>>
>>18134943
Just take it at her word and don't talk of piano stuff in front of her. It's not a big deal, but you don't need to be dismissive.
>>
File: 1481305116021.gif (81KB, 182x249px) Image search: [Google]
1481305116021.gif
81KB, 182x249px
You're gf sounds like a cunt. Maybe you shouldn't be so worried about losing a girl who'd leave you for a beta orbiter, over some shit as dumb as you playing music for your peers.

Tell her to get over it or get lost, stop acting so beta. Girls dont like betas.
>>
>>18134969
have you even had a gf? not every problem needs to be hit with a fucking hammer. try telling any girl who acts up to "get over it" and see where you end up. unless youre a 10/10 chad that theyll come crawling back to every time, your advice is well intention ed but unfortunately comes from 0 experience
>>
alright guys, she just broke up with me. i'm sure there's something else going on. i really doubt someone would break up over a piano

"I don't think I'm ready to live life with another person
But I still like you as a person
So we can still be friends
And we probably started too easily and conveniently
You don't want to fight anyway because it's not special or mean anything to you, and im done with getting emotional over this for the past few days.
We can still go back to being friends and I don't hate you or feel negatively about you"

shes seeing someone else, isnt she?
>>
>>18135061
>shes seeing someone else, isnt she?

Abso-fucking-lutely. She just jumped on the first opportunity she could find to end it, while trying to make it seem like YOU did something inappropriate. This is how she absolves herself of any potential guilt. Move on to someone worth your time, OP.
>>
>>18135107
now that thats established, how do i numb myself? not intended to be a waah-waah post. serious suggestions. how do i keep myself distracted?
>>
>>18135061
maybe yes maybe no. You shouldnt care about the answer anymore. i did live something similar and i coud say, the faster you will get over it the better you will feel, the longer you try to stick to it the more pain you will feel,
sorry for you op but i really think this is better for you
>>
>>18134936
Have you apologized? I mean regardless of how you feel about playing the piano for other people, you still inadvertently made her sad.
On a side note she sounds like a pain of a girlfriend. If she doesn't set boundaries by telling that dude not to say things like that to her then you are in for a lot of floaters for the rest of your relationship.
>>
File: laugh glasses.jpg (50KB, 211x251px) Image search: [Google]
laugh glasses.jpg
50KB, 211x251px
>>18134910
>>18134908
She's insane mate
>>
Yeah, trust me on this one, there's something deeper going on. Picking fights over seemingly insignificant things is the first red flag that something is going on. Her breaking up with you over this was her easy way out. She probs has a side piece so
>>
>>18135140
ofc i apologised lol

and thanks, anon. i guess youre helping me see the positive side for it. i probably dodged a bullet. im also trying to convince myself now. i still feel fine. i hope this lasts and i dont break down in the middle of the night. ill stay strong
>>
>>18135061
>>18135140
Well nevermind then. She's probably not seeing someone else YET but she has a lot of suitors as you already know. Also how did you respond to this whole situation? It sounds like you are one of those passive guys who is very amicable. I mean you should have at least asked if there was something else going on. I mean if she blocks you on facebook then you should have jumped on messaging her on your phone. She was probably playing games and you failed hard.
>>18135125
Go on okcupid and send some girls some messages. You can at least get like 4 or 5 replies.
>>
>>18135158
thank you anon. ive gotten on tinder and i caved and bought the boost, although its 2am now so im not going to get any replies, i hope ill be fine until tomorrow when the matches start coming in.

yes, i am rather passive. anyway shes unblocked me, but only to reinforce that ive "broken her heart for the last time". i dont really know what to think of this, but like the other anon said, i dont really care and it doesnt matter, its over.

now id just like coping mechanisms. tinder, okcupid, what else? i was thinking of torrenting movies, but im on university wifi. i shouldnt drink alcohol because i know itll make me break down. what else can i do? what do you do when you need distraction?
>>
>>18134887
You did nothing wrong. Sounds like she never even communicated to you that she wanted to be the first one to hear you play (what the fuck, even?).

Don't humor her childish emotions or she'll feel entitled to this absurd way of thinking AND have you wrapped around her finger.
>>
>>18135162
Whatever sounds good to you. Talk to friends, see a movie, play some vidya, work on your hobbies, go out - anything you can think of that you can potentially derive enjoyment from. You don't need her, or anyone for that matter, to be happy.
>>
>>18135174
doesnt really matter, i think we are done.

please drop coping mechanisms
>>
>>18135162
Tinder is garbage. Unless you just want to just bang.

OKC lets you chat up a girl for a while. Talk about your interests and stuff. It's free and you look through girls profiles and send messages. The point is to have conversations with people you might click with because then you won't fall in those traps that come from break ups.

I mean you could probably be beast looking for all I know and Tinder is definitely a decent app if you are a Chad. It's mostly just catfishing and memes though.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.