[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to permanently kill your sex drive? I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: SNIP-logo.jpg (19KB, 524x436px) Image search: [Google]
SNIP-logo.jpg
19KB, 524x436px
Is it possible to permanently kill your sex drive?

I don't care for asking people IRL, they'd just freak out and derail the conversation with their "there's someone out there for everyone :)" bullshit.
>>
>>18134843
Sex and procreation isnt right, but privilege of "successful" people.

So either start improving yourself or die alone.
>>
Realistically, no. If you have good mind control you will probably stop giving a fuck anywhere between ten and thirty years down the line.

Other than that, chemical castration isn't exactly easy.
>>
>>18134948
>Sex and procreation isnt right, but privilege of "successful" people.
Sure is, but people have this weird doublethink going on where they say you don't "deserve" love (which I agree with, affection isn't a resource to be distributed) but also act like relationships are expected and that "it gets better".

>So either start improving yourself or die alone.
Sure, self-improvement is part of life. I think it just won't be enough, not in this lifetime. Too bad, I guess.

>>18134951
Yeah, seems like you're right. Just have to endure it for a while then?
>>
>>18134973
For what it's worth, the reason why people have this mixed attitude is because relationships/sex are both not a commodity like you mentioned, but people don't actually need a whole lot special to fall for someone.

I know this goes against what many guys here believe, but relationships are not that different from friendships in that you often have to objectively "mediocre" people who find something with the other person they find worthwhile. Someone doesn't need to be strikingly hot, successful and/or intriguing for you to feel at ease around them, like they understand you very well and know how to approach you when you're down, enjoy drawn out conversations together and so on.

In fact it is kind of set up this way. It's been shown in studies that people ultimately are most strongly attracted (in real life) to people more or less in their own "league", looks-wise. And people tend to fall in love much more quickly with someone they know from seeing around (fellow student, neighbor, coworker), that's the mere exposure effect. It's also fairly easy to forge feelings of attraction by reenacting a romantic scenario, like making two respondents have a very in depth and personal conversation with lots of eye contact, or forcing them to flirt secretly, like playing footsie without other people at the table noticing.
It's in our very genes to be on the look out for romance and sex. Many guys lamenting here mistakenly think that the biggest factor for them not getting a girl is that they're x or y. However how many of them really get to meet and interact a lot of girls their age on a regular basis? Or ask a significant amount of girls out? It just seems impossible, if you ask a couple how they got together 9/10 times it boils down to "I don't know we happened to meet and got along".
>>
>>18134981
To add to this, falling in love isn't a thing where person A is active and person B is passive. It's more like a dance.

Say you have a coworker you find cute. She has not noticed you. You start looking at her more often than you normally would because you like her. Because of this you make eye contact and you pop up on her radar.
Because you like this girl you will probably sooner or later show extra care towards her like asking if she also wants coffee when you're getting anyway, or asking about her day. This cements her into your head as someone pleasant (people love people who show interest in them and treat them well) who might just be interested in her. This is an exciting thought. So she starts smiling more, flushing more easily, fidgeting, she acts more girlish and playful as opposed to professional at times. That makes her more attractive still and that translates to how you look at her, how you talk to her and so on.

Aka it's usually two people realizing there's a thing or potential and that shimmer of interest feeding each other's attention and attractiveness.
>>
Cut your balls off, faggot. Your shit genes and self-deprecation disqualify you from sex.
>>
>>18134843
chemical castration, look it up and bribe someone with no ethics to do it for you. no noticeable change on the outside and your sex drive will be gone
>>
>>18134981
>>18134987

I agree with this anon and would like to add something.
I think the more you try to nail things down in a relationship with words instead of actions the more damage you're prone to do. Someone that really likes will take everything you say at face value and will remember it for a long time. So if you have mixed feelings or are likely to change your mind often you're going to come off as unreliable or a cheat/liar. Not to mention the pressure it puts on the couple.
>>
>>18134843
permanent solution to a temporary problem.
reminds me of suicide. or a tattoo.

sex drive isn't the same as feeling alone, by the way.
don'e confuse your lack of an outlet for your lust with your lack of companionship.
don't cut your balls off because you have no friends, is what im saying.
>>
Get a tattoo on your forehead that says "beta faggot." That will take care of it. Better yet, just kill yourself. That'd work even better still.

Oh wait you aren't willing to go that far. You just wanted to throw a pity party. You didn't evolve to be this pathetic piece of shit; your body isn't programmed to be a whiny faggot. You can't overcome evolutionary instincts. Either accept this fact or fire a bullet through your skull.
>>
>>18134843
In reverse of OP's statement, how do you increase your sex drive when exercise doesn't seem to do that much for you?
>>
>>18135610
>how do you increase your sex drive when exercise doesn't seem to do that much for you?
intoxicate yourself or stop jackin'/rubbin' it.
>>
>>18135617
Thanks, I have noticed I'm far hornier drunk. And I'll stop wanking.
>>
File: 1488177965117.gif (1MB, 313x178px) Image search: [Google]
1488177965117.gif
1MB, 313x178px
Yes it is possible. Use amfetamines everyday till your body gets addicted to it and then stabalise the dosage and see it as your medicine.

Source: my broken libido/dick :(
>>
I'm in a long term relationship and I'd love it if my sex drive was a lot smaller, it's honestly not a good thing to want sex all the time.
>>
>>18135719
medically inducing a state of depression is maybe not the greatest idea.
>>
>>18135729
He asked if it was possible. I gave him an answer.
>>
SSRIs can fuck your sex drive/dick up pretty good
>>
>>18135784
don't they make you into an apathetic robot though?
>>
>>18135830
they can. the effects are pretty ambiguous and transient.
might help, might not, and the effects will change over time. and there are side effects and possibly long term effects which may be negative.

its a risk/reward thing. if your experience in the present is so horrible it is worth the potential cost of medication side effects or long term negative effects, go for it. but consider the costs and the profits before you do.
>>
>>18135851
currently in uni, so I'm pretty low on money.
suicide is in my mind every day, but that's not even what I struggle with.

suddenly a day comes where I feel good, happy, productive... then a few days go like that, and suddenly I find myself staring into the air for an hour or two and eventually involuntarily cry.

I just wish I could study enough to not fail this semester...
>>
>>18135719
Shit... This explains a lot of what has happened to me.
Anyone know any way of reversing shit caused by them? (6 years now without them after over 12 of taking and still can't feel and have bad anxiety)
>>
>>18135858
what are you going to school for?
is it something you care about?
if not then stop.

school is stressful. youll probably fail and have a mental break if you can't even force yourself to study because your depressed.
this exact thing happened to me twice.
then i gave up on school and all the shit people were telling me i had to do and i just lived.
shitty job shitty apartment for years but eventually i landed somewhere that had a future and that i liked, now i am a "success" as the average joe defines it. but that isn't why im happy.
im happy because i got a job i like. i didn't know what i liked at age 18-22, when people go to college. it was a mistake for me to go then. i had no idea who i was let alone who i would be for the rest of my life.

maybe none of this applies to you but, maybe it does.
>>
>>18135885
its not the amphetamines its depression.
amphetamines don't nuke your dopamine pathways unless you do them starting in childhood.
dopamine depletion (depression via amphetamines) is not permanent.
>>
>>18135887
CE.
Programming is pretty much my life purpose.

If I fail, I have nothing else.
>>
>>18135887
>>18135894
Oh, and btw. It's not the computer related topics I struggle with, as I barely need to put effort into that because of prior experience.

Physics class is pretty much only subject I have to study, and I can't even do that.
>>
>>18135891
I was forced onto them when I was 6 and wasn't allowed to come off them until I was 18.
>>
>>18135894
so funny you should say that because i went to school for programming, failed, still got a job programming with my portfolio i had built mostly as a teenager, coded for a multinational corp and realized i hated the job with a firey passion.
your hobby does not always translate well into a job.
you like to code because you are interested in what you code. go to boilerplate bullshit that doesn't matter for 2 years and keep your enthusiasm, not many manage it.

and at the time, age 22, i did have nothing else after i failed. i had a mental break which lead to me pretty much give up all hope. then i kept living and found that there was a lot more out there than what i had experienced from age 1-22, and that i was naive in assuming that i knew the one and only path for myself as an 18 year old deciding on a major.

again, this is my experience, maybe not yours, hopefully you can draw some use from it.

>>18135897
yeah sounds like ADD welcome to the club. acedemia is not for everyone, myself included. you might just have to accept that if you find it to be true for yourself.

but you can still program professionally without a degree. your portfolio speaks much more loudly than your run-of-the-mill degree, which plenty of shitty incompetent programmers are able to get.

>>18135913
it was age 9 for me. ditched it when i was maybe 15, against advice of everyone in my life. completely ruined me as a child and young adult. had to peice my self together age 22-26. now im fine. my life mostly sucked but now its ok and it probably will stay that way if i dont become paralyzed or something.

glad i didn't kill myself when the idea occurred. got pretty dark at times.
there is light to find out there m8. believe me.
>>
>>18135917
May I ask what's helped you out with putting yourself back together after coming off that shit?
I'm in therapy right now to even find a sense of self-identity and would be great to have some extra ideas.

Thank you anon.
>>
>>18135917
Thanks. I have thought about applying for jobs desu, but I want to see if I can manage to pass physics first. Because if I do, then I can manage to slide through the rest pretty easily.
>>
>>18134843
there's a difference between wanting love and wanting sex. They can chemicly castrate you to kill your sex drive. But love is one of things that are hard wired and you would probably have to get a lobotomy or something.
>>
>>18135925
>May I ask what's helped you out with putting yourself back together after coming off that shit?
if not for discovering and continuing the practice of meditation i would have probably killed myself.
mindful meditation seemed like a joke for the first year i was doing it but i kept doing it for some reason and when you get to the point of maintaining meditation without much effort your entire world changes like turning on a light. best way i can describe it.
lets you control your mind, not the other way around.

haven't met a lot of people into meditation so maybe its not good advice, but it is what helped me when everything else failed or left me.

and most of all meditation lets me stop the doubt, the anxiety, the irrelevant thoughts, the always interrupting voice that says no.
it lets me know what is real and what is just your mind fooling you with anxious doubt and destructive distraction.
it lets me control myself when every doctor i have ever met said only amphetamines would.
it let me be happy when i had never even learned what happy was until i stumbled upon it.

anyway good luck man. sounds like your living my past, lol. hope it works out for you.
>>
Trying to kill off pieces of yourself to appeal to others is the folly of modern man.
>>
>>18135944
Thank you anon.
I will look into meditation to help with things, it does seem like something I'd do.
>>
I just think relationships are too much trouble.
>>
>>18134987
>Because you like this girl you will probably
sooner or later show extra care towards her

That just turns the guy into a orbiter, that's not how it works irl at all.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.