[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God damn it, how do I improve my life? I have been wrestling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1488145019611.jpg (301KB, 1383x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1488145019611.jpg
301KB, 1383x1600px
God damn it, how do I improve my life? I have been wrestling with the idea of killing myself for so long over stupid shit like money. I have to make it to my best friend's wedding. I can't leave a gaping wound in my sister's heart by killing myself. I can't hurt my family. I can't I can't I can't. So please, help me, /adv/. Help me to help myself. I need to live.

I recently got a shitty food service job to help pay the bills. I'm a college graduate with a degree in Psychology. In spite of these things, I'm one of the best fucking math teachers I've ever seen and dozens of people would lay themselves down to second that notion. I take an enormous pride in what I do and I could happily live my life doing this every day. I've been trying to break into private tutoring to make the big bucks, but I just don't know where to start. I don't know how to get my name out there. I don't know anything about social media presence or advertising.

Please, how can I better equip myself to break through this? A book? An online class? Lectures? Personal assistance?
>>
Find places you think are cool or fun that might be cool to work. a musuem. a library. ask if they have jobs. ask if they have volunteer opportunities or internships or fellowships etc. Ask, ask, ask, ask.

Keep asking. Most will say no. Some will say yes.
>>
Craigslist. You can meet at a library. Post flyers at colleges. Most colleges charge a little fee for stamps that say you paid to post there, but it would be worth it because a ton of people getting an education, especially a higher education, obviously need help in math.
>>
If you're a math wizard, y not take up tutoring kids in math p/t. Parents would kill to have a math tutor for kids math.
>>
oh, about breaking into the tutoring, ask if you can help for a lower cost for a trial period to see how you do just to get experience. Then after the period is up, see what the parents would say. I guess you can call schools and see if you can place an ad in the office to get a fighting chance at someone trying you out. Hey, don't knock it till you give it a real try.
>>
>>18134664
>>18134670
I currently do some tutoring part time, but the issue is that a tutor normally makes like $40 an hour, but I handle all my students through a middle man. The scene is that companies have bought up enormous reputations, thus attracting all potential clients to them. They then contract tutors to handle the actual work, but pay them at $15 an hour. This seriously fucks an individual's ability to connect with potential clients or to make an actual living off it.

I've done it, and I love it. I just wish I could make an actual living off it. What I need is some way to get my name out there without going through these bigger companies. Schools are super stingy about posting ads for private tutors where I live too.

>>18134645
I have one in mind where this might work. If the college only lets students drop flyers off, I can have a friend use his college membership to help me along with this.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.