[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm afraid for my future, and I'm pretty depressed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: shit.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
I'm afraid for my future, and I'm pretty depressed in general.
I'm a 22 year old guy going to college for a degree in Psychology. I'm doing it because I want to help people, namely younger people through some of the same issues I faced in school among other things like having a troubled home life, but I don't know where to start when I'm done. And I don't know how I'd do anyway given the possible state I'd be in after. I don't know if I'm doing even close to well as it is. I don't have a car; I've been walking and hitching a ride from friends and family to get to work, I have very little experience living alone, I currently work a minimum wage job and live in a relatively small town with little opportunity in the way of getting anywhere else especially with the lack of transportation and experience given that this is the only job I've ever had.

I'm afraid for a few reasons. I feel like a failure as it is. Everybody else is already doing well for themselves. My brother is married and has experience in a lot of different things job-wise, him and his wife have their own house and are generally doing pretty well. I feel like I've been kind of left in the dust and that when I finally get as far as I can go with what I want to do, I won't really be all that young anymore. That I'll have gone through my remaining time as a young adult with one low paying job to my name, never having a girlfriend, not able to afford to move out, and with all of that, unable to go through with the career I've been aiming for, and never able to get any of the things I just mentioned because of it.

I've been scared of it for years and acted like it would all play out and that I'd learn things as I went along and they all became issues, and that I'd adapt. But I haven't come very far since graduating highschool and starting college. And I'm fucking terrified.

Where should I start, /adv/?
>>
There are jobs in every field as long as your willing to travel to find that job. If you are white bonus points you can easily get a job in China.
>>
Try psychiatry instead. For one, it's an actual field of medicine and it works unlike psychology. Also, it pays better.
>>
>>18134403

being married is not a measure of success. it can really only measure two things.

1) luck
2) idiocy
>>
>>18134508
I'm not OP but this is just dumb advice. Besides, OP already said what he would like to do.

I feel OP's struggles. I study psychology too but I've already lost three years in my study carreer. I've had only one small job for a little time and cannot go living alone. I'm 22 now. I feel like it will soon be too late, that I'm stuck and there is no way for me to become more successful because I fucked up early.
>>
>>18134535
It's been about 3 years for me as well. I know where I'm going in terms of furthering my education but I still don't know the actual living portions of it. Again, I have no experience living alone, have no transportation for myself and I'm not sure if I'll even be able to keep my job in the process of going to the next college I'm headed to. I've never been the best with change even though I've managed but this is going to be the biggest one yet and I'm not sure what to do.
>>
>>18134403
>I'm a 22 year old guy going to college for a degree in Psychology.
im not trying to be mean but ppl like you are why psychology is a meme. you yourself can't fix your OWN problems but expect to of help to other people especially the youth?
honestly rethink your career choice we don't need more liars fucking over kids life by giving them fraud advice.

also watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRj144Gd7EA&t=0s
stop giving a fuck about others ppl success and get to work on your own. learn to love the uncertainty of your future
>>
>>18134535
You can always reset your career by becoming an entrepreneur. It requires a lot of hustling, but if your highly motivated you can do it. If your not, your literally screwed for choosing psychology. If your lucky you will earn $40k a year, very lucky. Odds are you are just going to make slightly above minimum wage for choosing a meme degree
>>
>>18134403
Hey Gio.

Lol anyways don't feel bad. The majority of college students are in that position. At least you're self aware.
>>
>>18134972
That's kind of right and kind of wrong at the same time.
The same could be said about someone who's never had a problem in their life. Where's their experience with getting through difficult times if there haven't been any to give advice?

The issue isn't that I can't fix my own problems. I've done that plenty; I've had my fair share of problems in the past that I've gotten over, it's just that this isn't one I can really seem to tackle outright. Everyone needs some help sometimes and not everyone is really the best at following their own advice or coming up with things to do when they're the one in the ditch. It's different telling yourself what to do and somebody else because you're in two different states of mind.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.