[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am at a lost at what I should do. I've been dating this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Cry.gif (860KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
Cry.gif
860KB, 500x381px
I am at a lost at what I should do.
I've been dating this guy for 8+ years. Talks of marriage is in the works but I don't know anymore. I really, really love the guy but he has anger issues.

Small things become this big blow out argument that leaves us not talking for a few days, then him apologizing and me forgiving him. I have told him about his anger issues but he refuses to do anything about it.

He has never hit me, but he has pushed me three times, one of those times last night. I'm starting to get a little worried that if he pushes me, would that ever escalate?

He is always quick with the insults too. It's like...0 to 60 with him. It kinda surprises me when it gets so personal because I'm kinda afraid to do that. I can't stand confrontation at all and always bite my tongue. Like an insult is in my head but unless I'm pushed to the brink I never say it. I don't want to make it worse. (Not just with him but in general)

I don't know what to do.
>>
break up wtih him
>>
>>18133340
Leave him.
If he hasn't always been this angry the rage could be from guilt. Either way end it, find someone better.
>>
>>18133340
>but he has pushed me three times
Spaced how between those 8+ years?

If they're isolated incidents that happened between long periods of time, then it would seem that he's able to exert at least enough self-control not to go all wifebeater on you. If it's a more recent development, then it mostly seems like a matter of time.
>>
>>18133384
4chan is giving me issues. Have to reply on phone for some reason. It's been a year since he last pushed me. His anger scares me and I have told him but he never does anything. I don't want this relationship to fail. I love the guy. it's been 8 long years...
>>
>>18133364
I talked to his mom out of desperation once. She said he has always been an angry person. Hell I was there when he fist fought his brother who is more of a angry person than he is.
>>
He just came home and refuses to talk to me. This is common when we fight. Not sure how long this silence is gonna be. I want to talk to him about it, but unless he is ready to, I can't. Otherwise I get screamed at and possibly pushed.
>>
I guess i got my answer. Leave him. 8 years down the drain and I have to do it all over again.
>>
Try looking up psychology guides for dealing with volatile people and de-escalating arguments. If he's not willing to change his behavior, then it's up to you to take up finding a solution to the problem. It's not fair, but if you're committed to preserving your relationship, then that's what you'll need to do.
>>
File: rps20161227_114913.jpg (52KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
rps20161227_114913.jpg
52KB, 720x960px
What he needs is to see you craving other cocks than his.

Become a slut.

Rate my cock.
>>
>>18133557
That made me actually laugh. Not at your cock, it's a nice one. Thanks for that.
>>
>>18133545
I will give that a try. I hope it will do some good. When I try just speaking it calm words he ends up talking over me.

I hope it works.
>>
Talking didn't work. It ended up with him breaking a glass in the sink, calling me a bitch for crying, saying he feels slightly bad for calling me names, then calling me more names and then leaving the apartment when I said that I had enough.

Don't know where he went and I'm so mentally exhausted that I don't care. I just wish I could go back in time and tell myself not to go out on a date with him.
>>
>>18133979
I'm sorry, hon. You seem like a sweet girl. You certainly deserve someone who cares enough about you to at least listen to you when you have concerns about the state about your relationship. Give him an ultimatum: either work on it, or the relationship is over. It'll end anyway if things continue as they are.

Maybe take a break from each other for a while. Let him feel what it's like without you, and think about whether or not he's willing to lose you.
>>
>>18133979
OP, whenever you feel like you fucked up, whenever you feel like you can't do it on your own, remember this. If you stayed with him, this - this hypocritical, angry guy who thinks he has all the right in the world to act out all of his so important emotions but you are a cunt for not stoically taking it all - would have become the father of your child.
This piece of shit would have released his anger on them if they pushed his limits one too many times. Do not ever think he would've had the self control he obviously never learned to acquire around your kids if he cannot keep himself in check around you. Hell, even if he did not yell at the kids miraculously, he would've yelled at you in front of them creating anxiety, stress, general unsafety at home and drilling home the message that it's normal for people who love each other to screech at each other and hurl insults just for the sake of hurting them. That that's what they can expect of marriage and love.

My father was a man like this when I grew up. Nearing twenty four and I am still struggling really hard to overcome the damage that did, and am still so afraid of men that I have never dated.

You made the right choice. You chose self respect and freedom.
>>
>>18133340
tell him to get help or you're leaving. but make it sound nice like "I'm doing this for us" because you really are.
>>
>>18133979
I assume you're trying to talk to him nicely, and when he start getting angry you tried to de-escalate the situation here.

It couldn't be done instantly and will need time until he'll accept that and mellowing.

I'd want to suggest for you two to take a break and distance each other for a bit, and try to talk again after it's cooling down a bit.

If you've done that and it's still not working out, shame it's been 8 years, but for both of you, leaving the ship would be a better resolution.
>>
Think about whether you're okay with this angry shoving happening again. It WILL happen again if you stay with him. That would be your future. You'd be with someone you fear, who insults you, and who you can't talk openly to. If you don't think about it now, things will go back to "normal", and you'll think it's all okay until it happens again.

If you feel like you've wasted eight years, don't waste anymore time on him. Don't waste your life on him. It could escalate after getting married, because at that point he'll know you'll have a hard time leaving no matter what he does.

You haven't lost everything- You've learned from this experience and grown as a person. You'll know more going into your next relationship, which will hopefully help you.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.