[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to go to university but i don't know what to study

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: NECKDRIVEBABY.png (157KB, 304x296px) Image search: [Google]
NECKDRIVEBABY.png
157KB, 304x296px
I want to go to university but i don't know what to study

I like technology, science, books, exercise, film and music
>>
>>18133318

Combine what you like with what you're reasonably good with and imagine a job that would include those things. Then pick a field according to thar potential job. Studying is mostly shit, regardless of what you study, so set your goals beyond that.
>>
beyond doctor, lawyer or scientist. I guess there's writer, film maker or musician.

I can never see myself doing any of those things. Is something wrong with me?
>>
>>18133318
If you're in the US, the first 2 years of college are mainly required and shop-around courses, specifically to allow you to explore and discover what you want. You can get away with not declaring a major (or declaring one at random and later changing it) until as late as your third year.
>>
>>18133336
Of cause you can't see yourself doing any of those things. You understanding of having a job is that of a child.

Take scientist - there isn't one kind of scientist. The work is wildly different from discipline to discipline, from tenured university scientist to private research institution. Then you have you have many other kind of knowledge workers, consultants, etc., in numerous different industries. While they are not scientists per se work with they do work at the cutting edge of theory and method.

Adult life is not just going to conform to your dreams. You have to go a direction that excites you, and then make your way as you get a clue about how things work.

Protip: You will sometimes feel that you made the wrong choice.
Eldertip: You will make the wrong choice.
>>
>>18133505
i was making broad generalizations but thanks for pointing that out for me.
>>
I would highly recommend you a career in Gender studies.

The world needs more educated people to fight the white male christian supremacist culture. We are all products of this toxic enviorment.

If we had educated people like yourself we could have avoided Drumpf and Hillary would be our queen and refugges will roam free in the U S A. Please think about the children - choose gender studies.
>>
>>18133515
No problem bro. Study STEM. You can pursue creative things by yourself.
>>
Dont listen to all this patriarchal sexists pigs, choose Gender Studies or Lesbian Dance we need you to usher the new world.
>>
>>18133523
>>18133533
Your attempt at political humor is bad.
>>
File: IMG-20170303-WA0006.jpg (129KB, 600x953px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170303-WA0006.jpg
129KB, 600x953px
>>18133544
You're a misogynistic, male, transphobic Christian!
>>
Seriously don't go to college for arts. It will be counterproductive for you. If you want to actually become an artist you need to read books about art. There might be some schools you could go to but Universities are shit.
>>
>>18133544
Only one of them is an attempt at humor shithead.
>>
>>18133560
Agree 100% the art taught in unis is utter bull. If anyone is considering a career in art self learning is the way or get an internship in a studio. I didn't went to uni, 99% of my friends who did art at uni are not living from that career they are utter loosers, I am on a £65K (no tax I live in Dubai now) salary without stepping a foot in uni. If anyone is considering a career in the creative industry AVOID unis like the plague - you will learn much more by internships.

And getting an internship in the creative industry is not that hard as long as you have some talent and skill. Work smart not hards lads.
>>
>>18133318
>go to a community college
>fuck around taking classes that sound good
>talk to your professors about how much the entry level shit applies in the real world
>take this info to your counselor
>they'll figure something out for you
>>
Dont go to college then. Work for a few years, find your passion, go to college with comfy money in the bank and a working mans scholarship.
>>
>>18133596
Aren't you just a guy who drives trucks all day and night? What have you ever done?
>>
>>18133648

Not the guy referenced but how could you possibly assert that?! It's an anonymous board with no personal profiles.
>>
>>18133651
I've seen him around here for years but I don't really read his posts. It'd be interesting to know what he's actually done. He could've been a secret agent for all I know
>>
>>18133664

Just double checked and realised there is a username. Never mind. First one I've seen.
>>
>>18133635
This, holy shit. Don't throw money away in college 'finding myself lol'. You can't do that anymore, it was a privilege of the 21st century.
>>
>>18133648
I went to college. Wish I'd done what I'd recommended before sinking 3 years into something that sounded good on paper but was unrealistic as a career.

>>18133715
Been here as long as this board has. Find solace in not knowing the reckoning of my heyday here.
>>
>>18133533
Sorry, I meant THESE TWO POSTS:
>>18133523
>>18133540
Some people are just too dense to notice my mistake.
>>
>>18133540
>Lesbian Dance
Is that a real thing?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.