[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a problem with a friend. Basically, I feel like he treats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: friends.jpg (124KB, 1024x559px) Image search: [Google]
friends.jpg
124KB, 1024x559px
I have a problem with a friend.

Basically, I feel like he treats me like shit. He's one of my only friends, we used to have a larger group but a lot of shit went down, and now it's only really me and him and occasionally a few others.
The problem is is that he's a dick to me pretty much 90% of the time, a few examples:

He doesn't work, which means when we hang I have to buy the drinks etc. I'm never thanked for this, and usually, when I'm a bit poor, I ask him to save whatever we have left for the next time we hang, only to get there and find he's drank it all himself, meaning I have to buy more.

If I try to confront him on this he goes ultra defensive and somehow turns it on me and makes me feel bad. This is despite the fact that I throw so much money away just to be able to hang with him and despite the fact I'm becoming poorer and poorer just to do this.

He frequently ignores me, if I message him he will only reply when it suits him. He's made plans with me before then simply turned off his phone/ignored my texts so I'm left sitting around all day not sure what I'm doing.

I guess basically he's just incredibly inconsiderate and self-centered, but he;s one of my only friends and we;ve been friends a long time, I don't want it to end this way, what can I do?
>>
Buddy I feel bad, but I don't think you can do anything, he's become an asshole and a leech, he's worse than a stranger. You can try confronting him, that's the best chance you have
>>
>>18132895
I've tried confronting him before to no avail. He just gets super aggresive like he knows he's done wrong but he wont accept it.

Take the drink thing for example, it's literally at the point where I have to walk to and from his just to hang because I have no money for public transport. He knows this, I ask him to save our stuff so we have some for next time, but he never does? It's like I leave it at his and he will just drink it like fuck me. He knows my money situation, he's in a worse one, I simply do not undestand how a sane person can reason this as a good way to be?
>>
>>18132891

dont get me wrong hes an ass, but you need to grow a spine. im not saying that will fix this particular issue, but it will help save you a lot of hardship in the future.

you can't be buying people drinks or anything, especially when they treat you like shit, you can't just cave in cuz someone argues against you, and you can't just spend your day waiting around.

i used to be like you in that last point, people constantly saying 'yeah im free friday' and when i ask when they say 'well see' and then just leave me hanging all day and act like its my fault.

in the future just put your foot down. if someone doesn't commit to a time say 'thats fine ill just go with someone else'. treat them as non chalantly as they treat you.
>>
>>18132902
To be honest I think I always knew this was my problem, I just didn't wana face it.

I think it's so hard for me to put my foot down because I know if I do he wont care, if we never spoke again I wonder if he'd even give a fuck.

I'm gonna have to try it I suppose, there's not much else I can do.

If I lose a friend, I lose a friend, but I can't go on like this it gets me down real bad.
>>
>>18132913

honestly anon, if you lose this guy you didn't lose a friend, you lost a burden, you're losing an idiot tax, and you're losing whats holding you back.

you lost this friend long a go. now you're just burying the body.
>>
Find new freinds. I treat people like they are their own country with their own economy, trading , needs and wants if your freinds with a country with a bad economy and nothing to give or trade they will just hold you back
>>
Cant afford a dollar for the bus but can afford to buy someone who lost interest in you a drink is your first problem. If you let someone treat you like shit and dont drop them your either gay for them or have abandonment issues
>>
>>18132891
If you don't like your friends, make new ones.

What are your interests? Where would people with those interests hang out? Go there.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.